TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, Platykwak said:

Regarding Snow Wars 2, I'd love to have the spawning resource deposits visible for everyone, to be able to use them as legit decorations year-round.

If you leave them in place, they will become part of the final visual image that we can all see once these two weeks are over.

The new dragons are so beautiful! They make me want to get off my butt and go bake cookies!

Also, I'm really glad the event is staying for a long time this year. With one thing and another, I probably won't get around to playing Snow Wars until next week, and I'm so happy I'll still have time to do that.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

Edited by Aniia

2 hours ago, Snowwall said:

So, no list of sizes and powers of Snow Wars items exists?

Second question: anybody else finding it 1) impossible to select a cannon if it's behind a trebuchet 2)aim said trebuchet or a Trojan deer around the middle of the field (as it, I can shoot here, move the mouse a pixel to the right and I can shoot there... but between here and there is half a field where I can't aim, no matter what I do)?

2) It seems to me that the Trojan deer attack is a "charge" or stampede that can only hit the outermost walls/items. Once the outer layer is destroyed, you can move inward. Maybe it is similar for the trebuchet. 

Can I just say... gorgeous! And I love the lore. And I love that they have their own name and description outside of "Winter dragon". Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Pryanost Lindwyrms

yep, they still sort this way by breed.

next up: all the other holiday dragons sort by their names, Holly, Yulebuck, etc. thanks!

2 hours ago, Snowwall said:

I reeeally would like to get a second tree/gingerbread house/snow fort to decorate. I know that some people nuke and re-do theirs every year, but I tend to like mine and not want to dismantle** it. And yet I do find decorating fun, so a new "canvas" that doesn't necessarily* force me to destroy the old picture would be awesome. And I'd love the Cookie Clicker ability have the ability to save/load the layout to plaintext/json...

Same. Say it every year. I've taken tons of screenshots before and after I re-decorate so at least I have that, but it really would be nice to be able to keep our old tree/fort/etc in our badges while also making new ones with the Advent Calendar. Personally it's always seemed a little strange to me that the re-release of these old decorating games overwrites the old ones, I mean we have clickable badges for the older events but those badges no longer actually show the tree/etc we made back then (if we've changed anything during the re-releases). 

I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Pryanost!!! How long have we been wanting a gingerbread dragon?? Finally! I really love their description, I really enjoy when we get lore that mimics 'our' cultures but in a very Valkemarian way. Leaving a drink and cookies out for a dragon and getting warm soft fur to make clothes with in return.... Absolutely love it. And the sprite is gorgeous! I can't decide if I want to taste it or pet it, lol. I love the wing details and to me the horns look kind of like a crown which looks so cool. Thank you for such an awesome dragon, I have a feeling a lot of us will be frantically hoarding these in the years to come!

edit: So they are still sorting in the 'P's instead of with the other holiday dragons.... Hmm. I'd really like to know if this is a bug or intentional, and if it's intentional are there plans to (finally) give the other holiday dragons their alphabetical sorting instead of just 'holiday xxxx'? It's a little strange to *only* have one holiday breed sorting differently, why is this one so different?

Edited by HeatherMarie

The new dragons are so pretty, I hope they're very fast because many of our dragons would love to eat them up!

Thank you spriters and TJ, your Christmas 2021 dragons are delightful.

Love them.

And OMG - Spice - shades of Dune !

New dragon looks nice, but not my favourite. I like the colour scheme though.

Cocoa Rush is so stressful! I've been playing it a bit more today for the double points and it seems I never last long once I'm close to a score of 10k. My best one is this so far:

Spoiler

image.png.e86d49b98ee4e3412e431cd47955a84b.png

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And OMG - Spice - shades of Dune !

oh, i totally thought about giving gave them Dune names!

Edited by trystan

This is easily one of my favourite Christmas dragons; I will end up collecting quite a handful of 2Gs next year. Thanks, TJ, spriters and MoonShark!

I love the Pyranost SO MUCH. What deliciously gorgeous ladies!!! I can tell y'all right now that Pyranost and Starsingers are good friends who share yummy sugary treats and cuddle with their warm, soft furs. They're lesbians your honor

She's all grown up and I love her! 😍Def. in my top five list of favorite winter holiday dragons! 

Does anyone understand the medals chart - which seems to me to show FOUR teams.... I don't get it. Am I thick ??

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Does anyone understand the medals chart - which seems to me to show FOUR teams.... I don't get it. Am I thick ??

No, you're not. It's four games, and you see the medal your team got for the day. The pop up will tell you which game. (From top: Cocoa - Delivery -Snowball -Snow Wars)

Edited by Lagie

Oooooh they're lovely dragons! I love both the sprite AND the lore, must be the coziest dragons after the fluffs (I forgot their breed name lmao)

So glad everyone is enjoying the dragons!  Just a few words to some of the inspiration.... the name Pryanost means, as Infi mentioned, spice in Russian.  There is a Russian gingerbread called Pryaniki which also served as inspiration (photo 1photo 2 - photo 2 is a special version from the town of Tula and they are the best).  The wing markings are inspired by Ded Moroz aka Grandfather Frost whose coat is much more detailed than Western Santa (photo 1).  Also fun fact, Ded Moroz comes not on December 24/25th, but on New Years!  You need to recite a poem or sing a song to get your gift.  So start learning - you still have time! ;)

♥️😍 I love the look of the adults they are beautiful, i really love the design and the description is loverly, holiday breeds are some of the best breeds, the details and lore of them is so magical 

Thank you everyone involved with these and for giving us another amazing release, carnt wait fir mine to grow :)

1 hour ago, hazeh said:

I love the Pyranost SO MUCH. What deliciously gorgeous ladies!!! I can tell y'all right now that Pyranost and Starsingers are good friends who share yummy sugary treats and cuddle with their warm, soft furs. They're lesbians your honor

*snort-giggles at last part* I hope they'll let us curl up with them, cuddling with warm fuzzy dragons sounds like heaven!

A question about the event, actually... Who is the little fella that we play as in Delivery Race and Cocoa Rush? Are they a dragon, a human, something else? They're adorable.

4 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Are they a dragon, a human, something else? They're adorable.

I assume they are wearing a Mistletoe based coat, aside that not sure but they are cute!

5 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I assume they are wearing a Mistletoe based coat, aside that not sure but they are cute!

I went to check...

image.png.655a5a80c7855355f3fe29b8133eeaf4.png

I would have said Garland! :o

fWLm.png.b58df500dcb3fa8d9ace59e003f49ff2.png

Edited by 0x08