TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Can't help but feel sorry for Team Pharos, are most users assigned that team just not interested in the games? 

Team Umbra isn't going to get much help from me today I don't think, I've been doing tons of the 'double point' game each day but I'm really not good at the sledding one. 

On another note, my fort has been attacked twice now! The entire first day I didn't get attacked at all, I kept checking to see if there was anything to repair but nothing. Glad to see more people attacking now.

XD My fort got attacked once and I was going and repairing the damage as fast as I could. I bet I frustrated the attacker quite a bit. 

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Team Umbra isn't going to get much help from me today I don't think, I've been doing tons of the 'double point' game each day but I'm really not good at the sledding one. 

i think the sledding one is hard to be "good" at. it goes way too fast to try to avoid any of it, so its just luck whether or not an obstacle appears in front of you

32 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can't help but feel sorry for Team Pharos, are most users assigned that team just not interested in the games? 

On another note, my fort has been attacked twice now! The entire first day I didn't get attacked at all, I kept checking to see if there was anything to repair but nothing. Glad to see more people attacking now.

Team Pharos here, been playing all the minigames to no avail. Where are all my points going??

Has the name of the new holiday dragons been announced? By the codes of the two TJ posted I'm going out on a limb here and guessing Gingerbread...

Feeling such tension between being armed and being purdy with my fort! Can't wait until I've got a monitor and not just a phone to play with it on... I'm missing the lower corner of the map for now, but still having fun.

***Team Pharos***

***Feel that keeping 0 point until the end of competition is still coooooool. ***

***Drinking cocoa and watching Team Umbra and Team Mageia throwing snowballs to each other. ***

***Until hit by a snowball.***

Yeah! New decorations in Tree Decorating? Start working on putting all decorations on the tree...

Does anyone else think the s2 Hatchies look like they’re giving the finger to someone?

5 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I am mostly unable to play the games because I am using my iPad, which does not have a mouse to right-click, and don't have arrows on my virtual keypad.  I'm sad I can't play the Tetris game, because I am quite good at it.  

Happily, I got my 2 xmas eggs.

I have the same problem, but I CAN play the snow shuffle game, which is good (because I may be addicted). 

Edited by Library_gremlin

10 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Does anyone else think the s2 Hatchies look like they’re giving the finger to someone?

Okay, can't unsee it now! lol 

1 hour ago, lexi_ said:

i think the sledding one is hard to be "good" at. it goes way too fast to try to avoid any of it, so its just luck whether or not an obstacle appears in front of you

If you focus your looking towards the bottom of the area, where the new obstacles are only just appearing, rather than looking at the player, then you can dodge out of the way better. Keeping up that level of concentration for long is exhausting for me, though.

~~~~~~~

I wish we had the option of making a new tree to decorate - I want decorate one from scratch, but I don't want to lose the one I have! :(

Edited by MessengerDragon

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Good question, I'm team Pharos and felt like I was the only one playing sometimes lol. The only one I'm not doing much is the delivery thing but snowball shuffle is my jam, I used to play 2048 for hours and hours (my next goal is to get a score over 100k). Oh well, the games are fun so I guess the leaderboard doesn't really matter in the end. 

2 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

I have the same problem, but I CAN play the snow shuffle game, which is good (because I may be addicted). 

I’m on an iPad too (don’t have a PC/laptop), and haven’t worked out how to play the snow shuffle game. Any tip? Help!

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I at least just don't have the energy/time/wrist ability to play more often than a few times a day, and even then it's only snow shuffle for aforementioned wrist problem reasons. Whatever criteria lumped Pharos together may have gotten a lot of people in that situation, and it's probably compounded by being dead last two days in a row--I wouldn't want to try to dig out of that hole either, honestly.

Yeah - I'm on Pharos too, have played a lot - with no effect at all.

1 hour ago, MissK. said:
4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Good question, I'm team Pharos and felt like I was the only one playing sometimes lol. The only one I'm not doing much is the delivery thing but snowball shuffle is my jam, I used to play 2048 for hours and hours (my next goal is to get a score over 100k). Oh well, the games are fun so I guess the leaderboard doesn't really matter in the end. 

I'm a 2048 freak too - I played MANY times yesterday. Didn't do a thing for the team.

I keep finding out that my chessboard squares are broken, but there is no crack or health bar to indicate that they're broken. Surely something could be implemented to signal a broken chessboard square?

Anywho, here's my tree! https://dragcave.net/tree/0x08 I'm making it mana/element themed. :)

2 hours ago, calona said:

Happy Holidays ! 

And go team Umbra ! 😋

I second both! :D

I want to repair my fort, but I can't get at items that are behind other items or on top. I'd have to remove everything to get to them, and that's a real pain... >.>

On the other hand, I love being able to re-decorate my tree... I think I should start from scratch this year ^^;;

5 minutes ago, Ravensilver said:

I want to repair my fort, but I can't get at items that are behind other items or on top. I'd have to remove everything to get to them, and that's a real pain... >.>

Under the "Special" section there's a White Dragon Statue item which can repair multiple items in a zone at once. It's very useful for repairing hard-to-reach items. Each statue has a 1 hour cooldown though, so you may need multiple or need to wait a bit to get everything repaired :) 

I am really happy to be team Pharos because the Avatar of Creation is my favorite of the three!

Not so happy about it being the absolute worst team 😕

I don't have time and energy to play the games a lot and they are not fun enough to play a lot (I have more fun doing coli grinding for NotN on FR)

But I try to play each game at least once each day, submit scores and play snow wars from time to time. it's not much, but at least it's something, right?

44 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Under the "Special" section there's a White Dragon Statue item which can repair multiple items in a zone at once. It's very useful for repairing hard-to-reach items. Each statue has a 1 hour cooldown though, so you may need multiple or need to wait a bit to get everything repaired :) 

Thank you! I had totally forgotten about those! I actually had some in my fort... ^^;;;; ❤️

ok so today i looked.  i've been playing snowball shuffle a LOT (because 2048) and i just looked, i'm on Team Pharos.

i'm just here for the 2048 ;)

9 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

If you focus your looking towards the bottom of the area, where the new obstacles are only just appearing, rather than looking at the player, then you can dodge out of the way better. Keeping up that level of concentration for long is exhausting for me, though.

i know that, i play a lot of games so my reflexes are pretty sharp and looking at the bottom is natural for me. what im saying is my problem is that the character moves down the slope so fast and your control of them is kinda slow moving side to side that its pretty tough to actually dodge anytning. 

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yunno, I love DragonCave dearly (as evidenced by just how much time I spend on it every single day), but I do feel like it's definitely 'behind the times' when it comes to supporting non-computer devices. I see people talking about the difficulty of playing on mobile during every single holiday event, I don't often play on mobile but I just took a look and Cocoa Rush won't even load for me on mobile. As such a long-running game with such a diverse playerbase I do wish something would be done to make it easier to play from other devices. 

Every event over the last several years has been adapted to mobile devices and tested on both iOS and Android. I've personally played several rounds of each game on my phone (especially the tetris puzzles).

4 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Anywho, here's my tree! https://dragcave.net/tree/0x08 I'm making it mana/element themed. :)

Reminds me quite a bit of the official element "wheel"

elements-diagram-triangles-dots-colored.png