TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

35 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am certainly not doing Team Pharos any good. Maybe I should never have entered the game since I have had no time for playing beyond trying each game a time or two. But I wanted the badge!

Not playing doesn't negatively impact anything.

11 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Not playing doesn't negatively impact anything.

Good to know. I can quit feeling guilty. ;)

With only two doors left on the Advent Calendar, once again I'm crossing my fingers for the return on 2016's Festive Expedition. 

Since it was story quest event, and thus less suited to the Advent games, I'm not holding my breath. But I wasn't able to do much that year and my little house is sad looking.

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I may be spending an unhealthy amount of time playing each day...

Me too! Especially because my snow fort has been getting attacked a lot more often, I just keep repairing everything and fussing with my decorations and battling... And I avoided Delivery Race the first day or two but now I'm actually getting pretty decent at it. 

22 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

With only two doors left on the Advent Calendar, once again I'm crossing my fingers for the return on 2016's Festive Expedition. 

Since it was story quest event, and thus less suited to the Advent games, I'm not holding my breath. But I wasn't able to do much that year and my little house is sad looking.

I've seen a lot of people post in the past about wanting to fix/redo their house. While this doesn't help with that, you can play the old rpg games here.

Probably in the minority here but Snowball Shuffle is my fav. I love how chill it is. No time limit or need to keep up with the hours at all! It's challenging enough to not be boring but not SO challenging that It gets frustrating. Also gotta give props to those that coded it for making it run so smoothly and bug free (only one I noticed was that using dark mode on the mobile browser Samsung Internet makes the numbers turn practically invisible, but that was easily fixed) and for the artist/s who worked on it. ♡

Does anybody else play it? I'm honestly pretty curious about how high it can go up! This is my current record. Pretty proud of it ^_^

20211231_205011.jpg

6 minutes ago, JBluewind said:

This is my current record. Pretty proud of it ^_^

Impressive!

I seldom get past 4,000. :rolleyes: But I do keep trying. ;)

I know one person said they got 9000 points, but the highest for me was 5,500 or maybe 6,000. But I enjoy it too and it is fairly simply.

29 minutes ago, JBluewind said:

Probably in the minority here but Snowball Shuffle is my fav. I love how chill it is. No time limit or need to keep up with the hours at all! It's challenging enough to not be boring but not SO challenging that It gets frustrating. Also gotta give props to those that coded it for making it run so smoothly and bug free (only one I noticed was that using dark mode on the mobile browser Samsung Internet makes the numbers turn practically invisible, but that was easily fixed) and for the artist/s who worked on it. ♡

Does anybody else play it? I'm honestly pretty curious about how high it can go up! This is my current record. Pretty proud of it ^_^

20211231_205011.jpg

I've gotten close to 80000 a few times, with a 4096 and 2048 on the board I think. But haven't managed to get to the next big number (yet? Lol wishful thinking). It's definitely the game I've spent the most time on! 

7 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

I know one person said they got 9000 points, but the highest for me was 5,500 or maybe 6,000. But I enjoy it too and it is fairly simply.

Do you mean score or snowball size? The biggest snowball I've gotten was 4096 (the next one would be 8192) and my high score is 50,556.

27 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Impressive!

I seldom get past 4,000. :rolleyes: But I do keep trying. ;)

Nice!

3 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I've gotten close to 80000 a few times, with a 4096 and 2048 on the board I think. But haven't managed to get to the next big number (yet? Lol wishful thinking). It's definitely the game I've spent the most time on! 

Holy crap dude! That's pretty Impressive:blink:

I haven't gotten anywhere near those huge numbers (don't think I've ever even hit 1000 in the snowballs), but I love playing it! I've never played this type of game before, though I know there are super-popular versions out there. I've found that playing it when I'm too tired makes me frustrated because my mind just won't keep up with the numbers, but it's a really great game that's mentally challenging (at least for me) but still very enjoyable. 

One of the dragons seems to have gotten ahold of too much bubbly and borked up the advent calendar.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I haven't gotten anywhere near those huge numbers (don't think I've ever even hit 1000 in the snowballs), but I love playing it! I've never played this type of game before, though I know there are super-popular versions out there. I've found that playing it when I'm too tired makes me frustrated because my mind just won't keep up with the numbers, but it's a really great game that's mentally challenging (at least for me) but still very enjoyable. 

I've never played one like it either! It was apparently inspired by the game 2048 (you won if you got to a block with that number but you could go past that) which was released in 2014. Tried it out and have to say that while it's also great, I think the tweaks our guys made to it improve it! Both drop a random number per move, but the original dropped a 2 or 4 (which could help or hinder but felt less clean to me). Then there's the new aesthetics with the sliding motion being nice and the addition of the art (and the fact it's a snowball getting larger instead of just numbers) where the original is just the numbers and a bit of color. I know bigger things have been done on here for holidays before, but still I can't help but give kudos where it's due. 

Speaking of, do we know who made the various games?

Will someone kindly tell me if my memory still works?   It seems as though last year, even though my gorgeous fort was demolished, it was intact at the close of the calendar.   It didn't retain all the damage from you crazy snowball people during the rest of the year? 

16 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

Will someone kindly tell me if my memory still works?   It seems as though last year, even though my gorgeous fort was demolished, it was intact at the close of the calendar.   It didn't retain all the damage from you crazy snowball people during the rest of the year? 

well mine is pretty damaged right now, but if you click to see your fort from your badge, you'll see the un damaged version

14 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

well mine is pretty damaged right now, but if you click to see your fort from your badge, you'll see the un damaged version

Saw it, thank you so much!   But I do see a thing I need to fix, lol.  

ARGH!  I can't manage to get to 5,000 on cocoa no matter how I try! 

Just got 7715 on cocoa rush! That's probably going to be my best one ever, I don't think I can top that :) 

I don’t have a new badge for this Xmas advent only the badge for the 2020 Xmas advent. Stupid phone wouldn’t let me do ANY of it wouldn’t even open ANY of the doors. :(

I’m a bit late cause I’ve been playing a ton of Monster Hunter, but just wanted to drop by and say the new holiday dragons look amazing! I really love them. ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Shin'a'in said:

I don’t have a new badge for this Xmas advent only the badge for the 2020 Xmas advent. Stupid phone wouldn’t let me do ANY of it wouldn’t even open ANY of the doors. :(

Make a topic in help. Include your phone version, os, and exactly what you're seeing happen when you try to do things.

Love the new holiday dragon, have fun playing in the stuffs without grinding it out (life needs fun to live!) and enjoying my time!

However, I can NOT stop seeing Cocoa Rush as "Karen Rush". It just is. 

Edited by Natayah

Another Team Umbra member bites the dust in Snow Wars...oops. But you would think the game might be tweaked so that you don't attack your own teammates.