TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Love the adult sprites and their warm "makes me feel ~warm and fuzzy~ on a cold winter day" colors!

Thank you to TJ, MoonShark, and everyone who made this holiday event possible! 🥰

2 minutes ago, brevi said:

Love the adult sprites and their warm "makes me feel ~warm and fuzzy~ on a cold winter day" colors!

Thank you to TJ, MoonShark, and everyone who made this holiday event possible! 🥰

Couldn't have done it without Cort and Infinis. ❤️ They're the ones who invited me to write for them, and I am so honored and privileged to have worked with such amazing artists. ❤️

412561391_istockphoto-1050705894-1024x10242.jpg.bdfadb4b7a9cc714d0414195d9cd7b58.jpg

Many thanks to everyone involved in making Gingerbread dragons a beautiful reality!😆☃️❄️🎄

They're beautiful!

Thank you!

At the end of the event, we'll need to get some screenshots of the medal panels for each team before they poof! ;)

1 hour ago, DarkellaLord said:

Gingerbread dragon is so tasty-looking=3 Thank you for the holiday dragon=)

I kind of want to nibble on its tail. 

Adult dragons are amazing! So cute!

So, not Pryanik, but Pryanost? I still think they look very much like Russian Pryaniks (Gingerbread) ^^

83d8827d63f443ca33a858c641a47556.png

4 minutes ago, laertid said:

Adult dragons are amazing! So cute!

So, not Pryanik, but Pryanost? I still think they look very much like Russian Pryaniks (Gingerbread) ^^

83d8827d63f443ca33a858c641a47556.png

Pryanost translates to 'spice' in english so it works out :3

On 12/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, Library_gremlin said:

Does anyone else think the s2 Hatchies look like they’re giving the finger to someone?

Lol! :lol: They know we think they look delicious. ;)

25 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

I kind of want to nibble on its tail. 

I am sorely tempted to gnaw on them, but will refrain from doing so. :P

1 hour ago, MoonShark said:

Feel free to ask lore questions if you have any! I had a lot of fun writing for this concept. :D

Tell us ALL THE THINGS

Since they look/smell so tasty, are they extra vulnerable to predators? What defenses would they have?

How intelligent are they? General mood/personality? Attitude towards humans/other dragons?

Do they enjoy any other treats besides the ones described?

1 minute ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Since they look/smell so tasty, are they extra vulnerable to predators?

idk, the things we call tasty spices are often a plant's chemical weapons to put off things that would normally eat them 😂

Just now, Stromboli said:

idk, the things we call tasty spices are often a plant's chemical weapons to put off things that would normally eat them 😂

This is exactly what I said a few weeks ago when someone was saying I was weird for not liking spicy things like peppers.

5 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Since they look/smell so tasty, are they extra vulnerable to predators? What defenses would they have?

How intelligent are they? General mood/personality? Attitude towards humans/other dragons?

Do they enjoy any other treats besides the ones described?

Their palmate antlers provide plenty of defense, haha! If you've ever seen a moose...well, those antlers are pretty stabby and you don't want to be on the business end of them. XD

They are quite intelligent and have a very good memory for directions! If they visit a place, they'll never forget how to get there. Generally, they avoid people and other dragons as they're rather solitary, but during the winter, they become more social and tend to gather with family and friends to celebrate the season.

They enjoy pretty much any sweet, including fruit tarts and pies! And they loooove honey. XD  If a family is too poor to leave out iced cookies, a bit of honeycomb can entice them too...and they may leave extra fluff behind! :D

So, no list of sizes and powers of Snow Wars items exists?

Second question: anybody else finding it 1) impossible to select a cannon if it's behind a trebuchet 2)aim said trebuchet or a Trojan deer around the middle of the field (as it, I can shoot here, move the mouse a pixel to the right and I can shoot there... but between here and there is half a field where I can't aim, no matter what I do)?

I reeeally would like to get a second tree/gingerbread house/snow fort to decorate. I know that some people nuke and re-do theirs every year, but I tend to like mine and not want to dismantle** it. And yet I do find decorating fun, so a new "canvas" that doesn't necessarily* force me to destroy the old picture would be awesome. And I'd love the Cookie Clicker ability have the ability to save/load the layout to plaintext/json...

*was sooooo happy when the gingerbread houses were re-released! It took literal years for my gingerbread TARDIS to re-materialise from a handful of squares ;) Sometimes being able to fix the old "canvas" is very nice!!

**due to trying to get the new mascot statue more weaponry and a tea table in... the fort is all amess at the moment, despite my best efforts at leaving it the laid-back fairytale forest it was made to be :)

6 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

Their palmate antlers provide plenty of defense, haha! If you've ever seen a moose...well, those antlers are pretty stabby and you don't want to be on the business end of them. XD

Good point! Don't mess with creatures that can gore you.

How long would it take to make an adult sized sweater based on the average amount of fluff that they leave? Would it mix well with "dragon cashmere"? (Pillow fur.) I'm also curious to know about the sweaters you got that you based this off of.

Thanks for answering my questions. :)

1 hour ago, Infinis said:

no ears! there are horns at the back of the jaw, though, which don't lay flat against the neck but rather are at an angle so not to impede the turning of the head.

Thank you for clarifying! 🦌

Oh goodness, very pretty dragons!

Regarding Snow Wars 2, I'd love to have the spawning resource deposits visible for everyone, to be able to use them as legit decorations year-round.

Not sure how it would work regarding attacks, but I'd wager they could be indestructible by the enemy, and unmovable by the fort owner, just like now. Just... visible. Even when the event is dormant.

I just managet to get presents spawn around a holiday tree and I love how it looks. Makes me a bit sad that nobody else sees it the same way. And some of the resource spawns are actually pretty, like the crystal spires. Could be a fun extra challenge for the future, to try to get a specific favorite to spawn in the right spot...

treee.PNG

4 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

How long would it take to make an adult sized sweater based on the average amount of fluff that they leave? Would it mix well with "dragon cashmere"? (Pillow fur.) I'm also curious to know about the sweaters you got that you based this off of.

Thanks for answering my questions. :)

Given how fast they shed fur, it wouldn't be unusual to have enough fluff for a sweater after a few years, though often people knit scarves or mittens instead (or clothes for children, who have less defense against the cold, being smaller.) And yes, it would definitely mix well with Pillow fur! Or even sheep wool... Because it's so precious, I imagine it's often mixed with other materials to stretch out its use.

If you google Aran sweaters, you'll get an idea of what they look like (as well as their fascinating history)! Nowadays, they're made of a very soft, creamy wool called Merino.

21 minutes ago, Snowwall said:

I reeeally would like to get a second tree/gingerbread house/snow fort to decorate. I know that some people nuke and re-do theirs every year, but I tend to like mine and not want to dismantle** it. And yet I do find decorating fun, so a new "canvas" that doesn't necessarily* force me to destroy the old picture would be awesome.

My sentiments exactly, which I have expressed before. Please consider this for another year!

Beautiful new dragons are beautiful! Love the delicious warm brown color. Can't wait to start figuring out which dragons will look good with them in lineages.

Thank you Corteo, Infinis and Moonshark for bringing these lovely ladies to life!

19 minutes ago, Platykwak said:

Oh goodness, very pretty dragons!

Regarding Snow Wars 2, I'd love to have the spawning resource deposits visible for everyone, to be able to use them as legit decorations year-round.

Not sure how it would work regarding attacks, but I'd wager they could be indestructible by the enemy, and unmovable by the fort owner, just like now. Just... visible. Even when the event is dormant.

I just managet to get presents spawn around a holiday tree and I love how it looks. Makes me a bit sad that nobody else sees it the same way. And some of the resource spawns are actually pretty, like the crystal spires. Could be a fun extra challenge for the future, to try to get a specific favorite to spawn in the right spot...

treee.PNG

O_o I assumed they are visible to others. Have I been wrong all these years?

17 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

O_o I assumed they are visible to others. Have I been wrong all these years?

...It might be me who is mistaken! I went to check your fort and some others, and saw them!

But I think that during battle, they become invisible to the attacker... which can be a shame too. I'd love to see them while I'm battling as well, because they're part of the decor!

I am also not certain if they remain after the event goes dormant again, I'd like some information on that.

If I'm truly mistaken by this, then it's definitely time for me to attempt summoning crystal spawns into my garden of pretty things...