TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

11 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Every event over the last several years has been adapted to mobile devices and tested on both iOS and Android. I've personally played several rounds of each game on my phone (especially the tetris puzzles).

I don't know a ton about different operating systems, but I wonder what the differences are, because multiple people can't play the events on their devices. When I try to go to Cocoa Rush or Snow Wars on my Android phone, I get the loading flappy-dragon for a moment and then nothing, the game won't even load. 

my highest score so far~

Spoiler

2048.jpg

Edited by trystan

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

my highest score so far~

Hide contents

2048.jpg

:o Wow! Well done!

Mine is nowhere near that.

17 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Every event over the last several years has been adapted to mobile devices and tested on both iOS and Android. I've personally played several rounds of each game on my phone (especially the tetris puzzles).

All the old games (Snow wars, tetris. Etc) work fine BUT placing stuff is a pain due to screen size/sensitivity [not blaming anyone for that]

AS for the new, I've been playing on mobile, and I've gotten them to work - however the controls haven't been super friendly to (Android) mobile for me.

Snowball Shuffle - able to play with no issues due to easy to see/hit control buttons*

Delivery Race - able to play but difficult to move back and forth quickly to get around objects (and yes, my screen is clean)

Cocoa Rush - once I figured out where to tap to move, no issues. Problem is, I lost several games before figuring that out.

It might help in the future, if feasible, to have games like Cocoa Rush/Delivery race have on screen controls like Snowball shuffle

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

:o Wow! Well done!

Mine is nowhere near that.

thanks!

...i've played 2048 a time or 2...thousand XD

Due to visiting out of town with Sons and Grandkids and the stay at the local motel where I wasn't able to log-on, I figured that I would be missing out on this years Dragons..  Surprise to me!!  I went to the Dragon Cave site,  found TJ's Hatchlings, thought "Oh, No!", went to the Cave and got one Egg from Alpine and one from Volcano within seconds!!!  YAY!

Thank you for making it so easy, TJ

Now I will go to the activity and see what I can do there, lol  Not asking for help, just saying where I'm going from here...

Here's hoping that everyone's Christmas or Holiday Season was a Joyful and Healthy one...

GO, Dragon Cave!!!  

Edited by Husky51
spelling

1 hour ago, trystan said:

my highest score so far~

Reveal hidden contents

2048.jpg

Daaaaang! Very impressive! This is my first time really playing this type of game (though my mom plays a version on her phone so I'm familiar with the concept), I haven't gotten anywhere near that but it's a lot of fun!

1 hour ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

The new tree decorations are pretty nice. I hope we get something similar for the wreath as well.

Yeah, I think I might actually give in and re-do my tree. Those mana crystals are gorgeous!

29 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Daaaaang! Very impressive! This is my first time really playing this type of game (though my mom plays a version on her phone so I'm familiar with the concept), I haven't gotten anywhere near that but it's a lot of fun!

thanks!

in the end, my high score was 68620...  I had to purposely tank the game because because I needed to go home from work XD

but I did get a screenshot of this.....

Spoiler

2048.jpg

Edited by trystan

Ah, it looks like Team Pharos is picking themselves up. I'm in Team Umbra, but I want a fun battle between all three honestly. I do understand if it's difficult, though.  There CAN be certain pride in getting all Bronze, it could surely look pretty cool too! But come on let's see how this goes! It's always more fun with more teams!

Also glad to see that the snow war is picking up, as I've been attacked many times today. I have certain principles that I follow regarding who or what to attack. Same as last year - I mostly attack other weaponry. It's hypocritical, but that's how it is. 

Beautiful, pacifist forts with no weaponry, I admire in peace and leave alone. (Some of you have such an amazing eye for detail, I love it!!!) If you have the Umbra mascot or the banner, I will obviously leave you alone regardless of your aggressive designs. ;) 

Happy Holidays erryone, we call these the "in-between days" or "intermediate days" or whatever. Let's all have fun. ❤️

And here I thought I was doing good on the snowball game when I managed to get one of the 2048 sized balls.

46 minutes ago, trystan said:

but I did get a screenshot of this.....

Reveal hidden contents

You were playing so long the sun went down!

i was about to say that i was genuinely surprised and grateful that the minigames worked on mobile. thanks tj!!! :D 

I got stuck on team Pharos and something I noticed is that we do actually gain scores, both days we have gotten to 2nd and even to 1st at times, however when I go to bed I'll wake up and we ended at 3rd place in everything. I'm in the gmt timezone and have found at midday we tend to overtake other teams more often, but both nights when it gets to the afternoon we seem to go back to 3rd place and get stuck there. 

I suspect the problem might be that most of our active players (at least at the beginning) were either on mobile and unable to play most games, and/or lived in less active timezones and were sleeping when everyone else was playing, which is might be why we are getting overtaken again each time I'm sleeping.

Edited by Raptocidic

33 minutes ago, Raptocidic said:

I got stuck on team Pharos and something I noticed is that we do actually gain scores, both days we have gotten to 2nd and even to 1st at times, however when I go to bed I'll wake up and we ended at 3rd place in everything.

As an Umbra I see this too. Umbra has so far been very night-owl oriented and made some impressive comebacks to gold medals in the final hours. (I cannot complain, heh...)

Also I saw that there was talk about the damage meters in Snow Wars 2 and how they don't seem to apply to chess board color floor pieces. PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAYYY! For me I just really want to use the colors as decoration, and I am honestly REALLY relieved that the damage for chess floor pieces are not showing. It is just dandy, just lovely... I can focus on fixing the actual elements in my fort...

But I'm still glad that the wars are picking up. It's lively. Keeps me on my toes.

Edited by Platykwak

I can't stop playing these games omg. It's a tad after 3pm here and at 1:30 I basically told myself 'okay need to get some stuff done now' and yet here I am. 😃 I'm having sooo much fun completely redecorating my snow fort. I haven't yet started on my tree but I definitely have some ideas with the new decorations.

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Reminds me quite a bit of the official element "wheel"

elements-diagram-triangles-dots-colored.png

This is precisely what I had in mind! Couldn't find this image right away... Now I can adjust my tree to match. ^_^

I'm using the little crystal decorations as placeholders while I get the other elements.

These games are fun! Even though I mostly have to swap to laptop, its worth it :)

1 hour ago, Platykwak said:

1 hour ago, Raptocidic said:

I got stuck on team Pharos and something I noticed is that we do actually gain scores, both days we have gotten to 2nd and even to 1st at times, however when I go to bed I'll wake up and we ended at 3rd place in everything.

As an Umbra I see this too. Umbra has so far been very night-owl oriented and made some impressive comebacks to gold medals in the final hours. (I cannot complain, heh...)

I see this too! Feels a tad helpless being in an unfavourable timezone. I am in Mageia, we seemed to be doing well DC early to mid-day but stagnated later on. Kinda happy to see Pharos catch up :) 

I have noticed Mageia seems to love Snow wars. I havent contributed much because I love my base as is, but its often second or first, must have been last minute bumped off first last night. Maybe we have a few ppl who dont have snow wars bases that they like/are very mouldable? I dont know!  

Edit: there seems to be a prevalent issue with input lag on Cocoa Rush, its killed me several times now! Using WASD or up/down, sometimes you just dont move when pressed when you should. Not sure if anyone else is having this? 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

Hoo boy, I've had that happen to me too!

Interestingly enough, I found Delivery Race to be easier on mobile. Maybe because my mobile version of the game was slow and lagged a bit...

The point still stands, I have no chance to usurp my mobile high score of 9011 on my desktop browser! Not sure how I got it in the first place. Probably some great ice path placings.

3 hours ago, TJ09 said:

You were playing so long the sun went down!

it's done that a few times! :D 

Pharos was 2nd place on Cocoa Rush just now, so I played some more Cocoa Rush to help my team and after 10 rounds, I go back to the leader board to see we are 3rd place again... despite me playing it a few times. :(

Anyone notice how there's sometimes little dragons between the people when playing Cocoa Rush? They do not appear in every game, but some sessions they are more frequent.