TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Woke up this morning to see the holiday wall had ended :( always sad to see it go.

This year I caught Mistletoe dragons the most! And the Wintertide and Blizzard Wizard dragons were the hardest to get. The new Pryanosts are beautiful, and I'm looking forward to playing the minigames the rest of the week.

Happy New Year to all!

It must be - I sent the same one MANY times last year when I got lazy !

OH - but it doesn't seem to work this year. That's a shame !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yay cookie decorating. Wish i didn't suck at it. My "best" designs look like ordinary real life cookies but frosted by a child. :(

Same here!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

It's zombie day!

And my zombie fodder group is empty! How did I let that happen? :blink:

37 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It must be - I sent the same one MANY times last year when I got lazy !

OH - but it doesn't seem to work this year. That's a shame !

That glitch was fixed last year.

Just now, Mika said:

That glitch was fixed last year.

WAAAAAAAAH.

Oh well !

5 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Wow, how is Team Umbra doing so well compared to the other two?  What's their secret?

Positive thinking because I am NOT any good at the new mini games, try as I might.  I am positive that I will get better if I keep trying :D

8 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Wow, how is Team Umbra doing so well compared to the other two?  What's their secret?

TJ put himself on there....

Well, it still made logical sense. Still -as one on Pharos - not impressed with however you set the teams up !

I think we just have a lot of the active users, though I find it amusing that our sole bronze is in Snow Wars. Maybe we're artists, not warriors?

OT - go check out the tweaked description review process! ;)

Yay, cookies! I need to get on my laptop. The list of previous cookies takes forever to load on my phone before I can go decorate.

Happy new year all!! I have it now at 22:14 and we will soon celebrate the new year!! I am so happy!

29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, it still made logical sense. Still -as one on Pharos - not impressed with however you set the teams up !

26 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I think we just have a lot of the active users, though I find it amusing that our sole bronze is in Snow Wars. Maybe we're artists, not warriors?

Each person who plays the event is randomly distributed into a team. It's completely even allocation and only includes people who actually enter the event. Actual participation has been pretty even across teams as well.

Any differences in output have more to do with people playing more or simply achieving higher scores, not some predetermined bias in team membership ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Each person who plays the event is randomly distributed into a team. It's completely even allocation and only includes people who actually enter the event. Actual participation has been pretty even across teams as well.

Any differences in output have more to do with people playing more or simply achieving higher scores, not some predetermined bias in team membership ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we get a clarification on how team points are given? I tried to figure it out based on our team score (I'm Umbra) and the medals we've gotten, but I can't figure out how much each medal would be worth to end up with the score we currently have. Or are gold/etc medals different amounts of points in different games?

I am definitely not an authority on this, but my assumption is that the submitted team scores are just cumulative, simple as that. The bar colors are just representations of the percentage of the team's score compared to the total, and take up space respectively.

Recently on one sleepless early morning I managed to spot the Conquest page when the day had just rolled over. Some team colors had completely covered the bars, for example Snowball Shuffle was completely Mageia. I played one quick shuffle game and got a decent score, and some of that bar was promptly taken up by Umbra's colors.

(Happy New Year erryone!)

@Platykwak Cumulative, yes, but by what criteria? I know the bar colors are just representations, but what I'm wondering is how exactly the point accumulate. Is each medal (not bar, but medal in the medal case at the bottom) worth a specific number of points, are medals for different games worth different amounts, etc. 

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Platykwak Cumulative, yes, but by what criteria? I know the bar colors are just representations, but what I'm wondering is how exactly the point accumulate. Is each medal (not bar, but medal in the medal case at the bottom) worth a specific number of points, are medals for different games worth different amounts, etc. 

Looking at my team's medals compared to our score, it appears that a bronze medal is worth 0 points, silver is worth 1, and gold is worth 2. Then the value is doubled for double-point medals.

13 minutes ago, Erytheros said:

Looking at my team's medals compared to our score, it appears that a bronze medal is worth 0 points, silver is worth 1, and gold is worth 2. Then the value is doubled for double-point medals.

This must be how it is, because after the first day Umbra had 3 Gold (One double), one Silver, and 9 points. 4+2+2+1 = 9. Mageia had 2+1+1+2 = 6 points. Pharos had 0 at that point.

I am certainly not doing Team Pharos any good. Maybe I should never have entered the game since I have had no time for playing beyond trying each game a time or two. But I wanted the badge!

5 hours ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

I may be spending an unhealthy amount of time playing each day...

XD I am my team's worst enemy. Sorry to the second Team Umbra member whose fort I just destroyed. You did an excellent job decorating it.

Mine is just plain weird. 

28 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I may be spending an unhealthy amount of time playing each day...

But so am I, and Pharos is getting nowhere.