TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Blow them up. Yours: image.png.fd88f6b81f325a97701bfce0e5ff1d09.png Mine:  image.png.80b9a66b4abcdb1e23855fbb32b245db.png The balls are differently arranged.

I believe someone put the final points up; I forget where i saw that. Before the last day you were at 104 - and we were still at 18 ! I'm SO proud.

Your badge is on your own scroll.

image.png.c46fdbde646700234fd786791377531f.png

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The balls are differently arranged.

It seems the top ball is that of your team:

o2swua.png

I was team Mageia and the orange ball is on top

Edit, the other two badges for comparison

14gtuu7.png - Team Umbra

ro1xvu.png - Team Pharos

Edited by ShorahNagi

That works - I was Pharos and the silver is on top.

So it doesn't actually show anything about the scores. Do you know what the final scores were ?

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do you know what the final scores were ?

I don't- but I suspect that after everything is done updating, the scores/medals will be visible by clicking the badge [I recall in the past it sometimes taking a day or two for people to be able to see elements of an event after it ends via the badge]

Thanks everyone for a fun event! Happy New Year to all! 

13 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I don't- but I suspect that after everything is done updating, the scores/medals will be visible by clicking the badge [I recall in the past it sometimes taking a day or two for people to be able to see elements of an event after it ends via the badge]

Not sure - the last ones that had teams, we didn't.

So... if  the badge shows only the teams I feel like my time has been wasted. I would not have played games I didn't like just to raise the scores, if I had known it was for nothing....

Posted (edited)

I enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun - I love the new Xmas dragons!

I would recommend for the future to do again, however, I'd give one or few extra days without game competition (OK to still play them, but no scoring involved) so people don't have to choose between helping their team and having time to decorate - especially since Snow Fort I sorta had to unbuild it, set it up for combat, and last minute throw some haphazard form of "decoration" of it until next year. I still haven't found the time to do Goodness knows what with my Christmas tree, but to be fair, that is my issue, this is why I don't own Christmas trees. I would have also liked some more time to send out horrible MS Paint cookies to some people too. So I'd just have a day or two of extra time to not have to choose between side fun decoration art stuff vs. teamwork side games. 

Which isn't bad to add, I mean there are TONS of choices for all player types to find stuff to enjoy. The flip side is there are so many choices that unless you have large chunks of time to spend going between them, you have to choose, and its a bit too much because there is no way I can find the time to do those things I want to do and still - work and stuff.

Edited by Natayah

15 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Was it for nothing? Or was it for the spirit of competition and teamwork?

I don't like team games. I don't get the "spirit of teamwork". Only reward (even virtual) means something.

I don't either, in circumstances like this, where we had no way to know who was on our team and how things were clocking up. (I swear there were only three of us playing on Pharos :lol: )  I played the games I liked, and aimed to come last. It worked !

I actually really like the teamwork games...

Team Cure vs Team Pathogen

Team Fire vs Team Ice

And now

Team Mageia vs Team Pharos vs Team Umbra

Thought this time, unlike the previous games, there wasn't heavy thead involvement. Team Mageia was the only one with a thread and only because I made one, and it was at the end of the game too.

I remember the forum being way more lively for the other events. Maybe all the fire went to Discord, but Im not on there so I can't say.

Maybe 3 teams is too much? Pharos really got the short end of the stick there.

52 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Maybe 3 teams is too much? Pharos really got the short end of the stick there.

For me, there simply weren't enough games. ;) I didn't play Snow Wars, because I really liked my fort and didn't want to change it (pity, as I liked the game the first time round). I didn't enjoy the snowball game either (I hate Maths and numbers) . Cocoa Rush was sweet, but it got old pretty quickly, same with Delivery Race, so there just wasn't enough variety to keep me interested. That said,  one mahjong type of game would probably have done the trick for me.  :lol:

Since the event is now over, I'll close this. I hope you all had a lovely holiday, and thank you all the artists and TJ who worked so hard on the event!