TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Is it possible the bald variant is only attainable by breeding with an aquatic dragons - by that I mean one who ONLY lives in the water, not just one with a water affinity or who is amphibious. The description for Water Dragons reads, "When Water Dragons mature, they lose the ability to survive on land, entering the water permanently." 

My thinking is the Pyro would have to enter the water to attempt to mate and thus quench its flames. 

EDIT: @purplehaze I forgot someone had tried Deep Sea Dragons and gotten no change. Looks like that debunks my theory entirely...

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Sorry, didn't notice, someone trying a Spirit Ward as a mate?

Add 

Also, If no egg is produce/reject or no interest Pyro change its colour or you need get an egg for it?

Edited by Dust

11 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Pyropellis x Green Firegem has been confirmed to give purple multiple times now.

Not sure if other combinations have been found for it yet however

Tysm for answer! Have a nice day! 

8 minutes ago, Dust said:

Also, If no egg is produce/reject or no interest Pyro change its colour or you need get an egg for it?

I've had the following happen *all done with breeds confirmed/seen to cause color change*:

No egg produced = Pyropellis changed color: https://dragcave.net/lineage/AcVwd

Egg produced = Pyropellis changed color: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ttj8u

Refusal = Pyropellis did NOT change color

Edited by ShorahNagi

2 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I've had the following happen *all done with breeds confirmed/seen to cause color change*:

No egg produced = Pyropellis changed color

Egg produced = Pyropellis changed color

Refusal = Pyropellis did NOT change color

Thank you! Gonna use purple for them ^^

now i wonder if the colors are garenteed for each breed 

i may just breed all my volcanics to my arcanas and see what happens 

I tried with Silver, Spirit Ward (@Dust you wanted to know) and Bluna, got eggs and they didn't change color, the three of them stayed orange.

12 hours ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Brimestones give blue. Looked it up, sulfur burns blue.

image.png.94ddeaf9a89ffe36bcd8121c3e73f050.png

this makes me so happy! i didnt think about the sulfur component, because i... almost failed my chem class in high school LMAO. 

im glad they have an interesting result! i didnt even think to try it XD 

33 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Is it possible the bald variant is only attainable by breeding with an aquatic dragons - by that I mean one who ONLY lives in the water, not just one with a water affinity or who is amphibious. The description for Water Dragons reads, "When Water Dragons mature, they lose the ability to survive on land, entering the water permanently." 

My thinking is the Pyro would have to enter the water to attempt to mate and thus quench its flames. 

By that logic Deep Sea dragons would make them flameless too, no? But the spreadsheet says flames stayed orange when bred. 

Would love more than just water dragons for flameless, as that's actually my favourite variant LOL

55 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

In that case Deep Sea should have worked, but mine didn't. The Pyro stayed orange. I was very surprised by that.

Edited by purplehaze

I tried my first adult Pyros with (and added to the spreadsheet) Blusang and pink Pyralspite to no effect. It's really starting to seem like Water is the only breed that puts out the flames.

1 hour ago, Selever said:

And someone know how to get purple-flamed Pyropellis dragon? He is a kinda nice and i want get him :D

Omen will also give purple 

Green: arcana, copper (rainbow and verdigris confirmed, others assumed), magi, exalted pitfire

Cyan: red fire gem, female hellfire, female hellhorse

Blue: brimstone, carina, falconiform

Purple: green fire gem, omen wyrm

Unlit/bald: water dragon (NOT water element: most of those leave orange flames)

Edited by Fyrebird

If I want to Earthquake my Sumolga eggs and I have a random egg I don't want to EQ, will fogging the egg prevent it from being EQed?

3 hours ago, Bambi said:

After careful deciphering and confirmation that magis are definitely meant to produce the green flamed Pyros when bred together due to a reference from somewhere, we've figured out the reference. In Harry Potter, floo powder (which is green) is used to teleport through fireplaces and as we know, magis are used on DC to teleport dragons. Alas, the reference is born. XD

Very cool!

Anyone try a turpentine yet? I don't have anymore adults, but I thought that might produce an odd result.

I EQ'd and it killed everything. I'm done...

On another note, if someone's willing to trade theirs for a 2g golden shimmer, please let me know because my bad luck just won't let up...

Edited by Diame

32 minutes ago, whitestar said:

If I want to Earthquake my Sumolga eggs and I have a random egg I don't want to EQ, will fogging the egg prevent it from being EQed?

No, it’s still able to be killed by EQ.

33 minutes ago, whitestar said:

Earthquake goes after every egg on the scroll; there's no current way to protect en egg from being quaked right now outside of either trading it to another scroll while you perform the BSA or waiting until the egg(s) you don't want to quake hatch on their own (might involve fogging your quake targets so they don't hatch before you're ready to use the BSA).

Edited by Myoukin

Just curious. Anyone tried Mint with Pyro? Don't know why but my brain is telling me it needs to be tried and all my Pyros are babies yet.