TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

On mobile atm, and it doesn't like to cooperate with the spreadsheet. But Royal Eminence is a no-change.

Also, even if we don't uncover more color-changing breeds right now, there's always future releases that could bring in a bevy of more breeds that do!

I updated the spreadsheet

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Does anyone think maybe there is also a TIME element involved - that it depends in part on when you breed ?

in the spreadsheet we currently have a list of dragons that do not change the colours of the pyropellis / make it stay orange.

But do we know which dragons would turn it back to orange if it is a different colour? 

Do we know that at other times they might NOT stay orange ?

i had six shumoga eggs with 4 days on em used the bsa to speed em up and set thwm on click sites to get holes in em

i forgot to earthquake them beacuse i fell asleep so now i have 6 white shumogas 

now i gotta go rehunt them all over again rip beacuse i dunno if im supposed to get them as close to hatching as i can ot what but i tried to catch em before they did and forgot lol

1 hour ago, Fyrena said:

in the spreadsheet we currently have a list of dragons that do not change the colours of the pyropellis / make it stay orange.

But do we know which dragons would turn it back to orange if it is a different colour? 

We can't really answer that yet, since turning back to orange from another color would require a 2nd breeding and no one will be able to do that for awhile yet. The week-long breeding cooldown is making this a very drawn-out investigation, lol. 

I'm getting nervous about my possible-skittish babies, I bred two messy Shumogas with the intention of either EQing or Killing (once they get lower-timed with more stats) but now I'm wondering if maybe I don't want to risk them? They are pretty messies... I just checked and Shumogas are 100 shards in the Market so for those of us with an abundance of shards that might be an option. (I know my logic is probably weird, but I'd rather risk a Market egg than a pretty-lineaged or biome-caught...)

5 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

We have this far been treating any breeding pair where the flames stay orange as "no change". Depending on if the bald Pyropellis regain their flames on their own or not, that list might actually need to be divided in two: dragons who re-ignite their Pyro mate with orange flames and dragons who's mating truly has no effect on the existance or existing color of their pyro mate's flames.

I am so impatient!!! My oldest Pyropellis dragon is 1 hour away from growing up. 

2 hours ago, Fyrena said:

Once we have had them long enough I will add the column for a no change and one that's for changes to orange. Just waiting for the first breeding attempts to reach their cool down and be breed again.

2 hours ago, Kestra62 said:

i had six shumoga eggs with 4 days on em used the bsa to speed em up and set thwm on click sites to get holes in em

i forgot to earthquake them beacuse i fell asleep so now i have 6 white shumogas 

now i gotta go rehunt them all over again rip beacuse i dunno if im supposed to get them as close to hatching as i can ot what but i tried to catch em before they did and forgot lol

I made sure I only had the one Shumoga egg, and the only egg, I had used Incubate on it yesterday I believe and today it was s3 crack with like 4d 18 hours left? I forgot to write it down because I usually kill them when I use EQ. BUT........ Edit:  It had 4 days 9 hours left, I had left that eggs page up and opened a new page for the EQing. LOL

SUCCESS.jpg

Edited by Feral71

And I killed my egg. Dang it. 

image.thumb.png.5423270158a4e1fe0777d2c0ed351542.png

I'm sad now. I hoped I would get an hatchie.

For those who ended up accidentally letting their shumogas hatch naturally, I recommend a) not incubating, b) getting your views early, and c) fog them after about 200-300 uv, especially if you're going to hatch them under 5 days anyway. You can use Ward to check on your eggs' current crack status without unfogging, and since earthquake also hatches through fog the only time you should unfog is when you want to give views or influence. Eggs will also continue to crack while fogged, so don't be too worried if they're still at small cracks when they're young. Just keep them fogged and they'll crack on their own.

1 hour ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Once we have had them long enough I will add the column for a no change and one that's for changes to orange. Just waiting for the first breeding attempts to reach their cool down and be breed again.

I'm assuming it's still too early to know if the color change is permanent?  Both of mine bred and stayed orange so I'm trying to decide if I should snag more CBs for each color or not.  xD

1 minute ago, fergalicious214 said:

I'm assuming it's still too early to know if the color change is permanent?  Both of mine bred and stayed orange so I'm trying to decide if I should snag more CBs for each color or not.  xD

Yup, until the first bred adults get off cooldown and are able to be bred again, we won't be able to confirm whether color changes are permanent or not.

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

Yup, until the first bred adults get off cooldown and are able to be bred again, we won't be able to confirm whether color changes are permanent or not.

Ahh, okie dokie.  That's what I figured but since I don't use the Discord I didn't know whether or not some info had been leaked. 

Thanks for the confirmation!

Okay so, silly me, somehow my brain never connected the 'hatchie runs away' EQ-outcome with, yunno, the hatchie actually going to the AP? At least I'm assuming that's why I randomly caught a skittish hatchie in the AP just now. Interesting.

The new dragons this month all look incredible! I'm excited to eventually try my hand at obtaining a few skittish shumoga dragons in the future. I'm a little confused with how the pyropellis variations work, but it looks like that's still being discovered, so I'm excited to get the different variations of that dragon as well once that's all figured out. Thank you so much to the wonderful spriter(s) and everyone else involved in this month's dragon release!

So lucky.BTW,you reminded me that I saw 1 Green Cantomaris in AP in last month(though too late to catch but see the code,and it's from Market).

8 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Maybe we can make a thread petitioning to change some of the breedings? (I still think spitfires should make cyan flames. They breath turquoise fire. It says so in their encyclopedia.)

i have a few that will grow up soon, and i want to re-test breeding these myself. i am NOT satisfied with them giving orange flames..! hoping that maybe weve just been unlucky and that theres a chance that they dont change colors... but... maybe im just coping XD 

My crew of friends and family have ended up with 11 dead eggs and no hatchlings from kill attempts to get dark shumogas.  All eggs were under 4 days 10 hours with s5 cracking and around 1800 views.  What are we doing wrong?!? We tried to EQ 7 of those eggs right before using the kill action but all 7 were unaffected.

32 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

i have a few that will grow up soon, and i want to re-test breeding these myself. i am NOT satisfied with them giving orange flames..! hoping that maybe weve just been unlucky and that theres a chance that they dont change colors... but... maybe im just coping XD 

I keep checking the spreadsheet to see who gives what color flames and yahh....  Not impressed with the current progress with only a handful of dragons giving colored flames.  😕  It's a cool concept but there doesn't seem to be many cool results.

21 minutes ago, Pink467 said:

My crew of friends and family have ended up with 11 dead eggs and no hatchlings from kill attempts to get dark shumogas.  All eggs were under 4 days 10 hours with s5 cracking and around 1800 views.  What are we doing wrong?!? We tried to EQ 7 of those eggs right before using the kill action but all 7 were unaffected.

It's really a lot of luck and timing... you say under 4d10h, is that with or without Incubate? Sometimes it's wise to let it get down lower timed if it's been Incubated. The cracking seems good, the views are possibly a little low, though not too bad, what kind of unique views did they have? All the stuff I'm saying is just speculation on the best chances based on collected stats, it really is a lot of random luck.

I did EQ on my present clutch of eggs. I did it about an hour after I caught/Incubated them. I got seven “unaffected” but the Gwyvern egg  broke and died 😭 Learn from my screw-up!

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay so, silly me, somehow my brain never connected the 'hatchie runs away' EQ-outcome with, yunno, the hatchie actually going to the AP? At least I'm assuming that's why I randomly caught a skittish hatchie in the AP just now. Interesting.

I've been keeping an eye in the AP from time to time for this reason, but no luck so far. But I just resumed my current project involving other species.

Congratz, tho!

I'm curious, is it a CB skittish hatchie?