TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Confirmed that there have been some glitches, so perhaps the arcana issue is not randomness.

Confirmed magi is not a glitch, with a challenge to figure out why.

Add tsunami to the water-affinity dragons that do NOT turn it bald. :( Spreadsheet updated.

So I tried checking out Elemental affinities and that doesn't look to be an indicator since Coppers (Earth), Magi (Magi), Arcana (Magi) and Pitfire (Death) produce green flames while Gold (Earth), Labrodorite (Earth), and Brute (Death) keep orange flames.

2 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

So I tried checking out Elemental affinities and that doesn't look to be an indicator since Coppers (Earth), Magi (Magi), Arcana (Magi) and Pitfire (Death) produce green flames while Gold (Earth), Labrodorite (Earth), and Brute (Death) keep orange flames.

Don't know if it's been relayed here, but artist said they were inspired by the flame test experiments in chemistry class. That's why we tried copper for green (I googled what makes green flames: answer is copper and borax).

2 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Don't know if it's been relayed here, but artist said they were inspired by the flame test experiments in chemistry class. That's why we tried copper for green (I googled what makes green flames: answer is copper and borax).

Ah, I don't think that was relayed here. That's good to know, though that still leaves dragons like the Magi a mystery 🤔

4 minutes ago, Sanguine Roku said:

Has anyone actually tried a waterhorse yet? I might have missed it on the list

Waterhorse makes orange flames.

Just now, Myoukin said:

Weird, I would have thought it would put it out for sure

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

No! The one smooth breed I was hoping made Bald Pyropellis dragons.

Mine won't be grown for another couple hours, but I'm thankful for those who have grown ones and are posting results.

3 minutes ago, Sanguine Roku said:

Weird, I would have thought it would put it out for sure

Yeah, so far Water (the dragon) has been the only dragon confirmed to make a Flameless Pyropellis.

After careful deciphering and confirmation that magis are definitely meant to produce the green flamed Pyros when bred together due to a reference from somewhere, we've figured out the reference. In Harry Potter, floo powder (which is green) is used to teleport through fireplaces and as we know, magis are used on DC to teleport dragons. Alas, the reference is born. XD

1 minute ago, Bambi said:

After careful deciphering and confirmation that magis are definitely meant to produce the green flamed Pyros when bred together due to a reference from somewhere, we've figured out the reference. In Harry Potter, floo powder (which is green) is used to teleport through fireplaces and as we know, magis are used on DC to teleport dragons. Alas, the reference is born. XD

Ooooh, that's a clever one~

There's a lot of thought that has clearly gone into this release. Dragons we have already with particular flamed colours to match, scientific chemical reactions and now a reference to a great series. I'm loving this XD

30 minutes ago, Bambi said:

There's a lot of thought that has clearly gone into this release. Dragons we have already with particular flamed colours to match, scientific chemical reactions and now a reference to a great series. I'm loving this XD

This is amazing. Based on Elements, or biome, we have those with some breeds... But this one seems to be especially intricately decided based on many different ideas/factors. Honestly it's impressive! I wonder how long it took to make all these matches and color decisions.

Had to look up 'floo powder' and oh wow, that definitely matches the green flames:

Spoiler

TheBurrow_PM_B2C4M1_FlooPowderAtTheBurrow_Moment.jpg?w=1200&fit=fill&f=top    image.png.3876680f6cbe2029423ca3b75236e77b.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

Borax is a component in some cleaners right? So, Soap Dragon will produce green flames?

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is amazing. Based on Elements, or biome, we have those with some breeds... But this one seems to be especially intricately decided based on many different ideas/factors. Honestly it's impressive! I wonder how long it took to make all these matches and color decisions.

Had to look up 'floo powder' and oh wow, that definitely matches the green flames:

Hide contents

TheBurrow_PM_B2C4M1_FlooPowderAtTheBurrow_Moment.jpg?w=1200&fit=fill&f=top    image.png.3876680f6cbe2029423ca3b75236e77b.png

It's quite funny, I recently binged the series again so I've had serious HP on the brain. So when the Pyro colours came out, I was like ''Lol the green one reminds me of Diagon Alley'' (from HP) so once I saw ''oh there's a reference behind why magis turn the flames green'' I was like huh, maybe I'm not so crazy to think it's a possibility! 

10 minutes ago, JazzyWarrior said:

Borax is a component in some cleaners right? So, Soap Dragon will produce green flames?

Well, sopa sapo dragons had no change (orange flame). So I guess anagrams don't count. :D

Edit: although anagrams are totally in keeping with a Harry Potter inspiration.

Edited by Fyrebird

Bred my only adult Pyro to a super-messy Magi hoping to get both the green-flamed adult and a messy Pyro egg.... Got the green-flamed adult, but got a Magi egg. Guess breeding may be a little hit-or-miss since so many people are breeding theirs right now.

Okay, got my Orange adult, my Purple adult (bred to Green Firegem), and my Green Adult (bred to Copper)

Just need my last two to grow up so I can get my Cyan and Blue adults [and have the last egg hatch so I can have the Bald one]

*Adding on to this with notes:

The Purple change gave no egg

The Green gave an egg

And I just tried Pyropellis x Red Firegem (which supposidly gives Cyan Pyropellis) and got a refusal which resulted in the Pyropellis remaining Orange

Edited by ShorahNagi
New data added

is it possible that an ocean-based i.e. saltwater dragon will not extinguish a pyropellis' flames, and a freshwater dragon is needed?

oh, maybe not. i just checked the encyclopedia and it says water dragons *can* live in lakes, not that they do exclusively. and while i can see why a waterhorse wouldn't work because of the slime factor, a water walker should under this theory - but according to the spreadsheet, it doesn't.

back to the theory drawing board. 🤔

Edited by miaou

And someone know how to get purple-flamed Pyropellis dragon? He is a kinda nice and i want get him :D

5 minutes ago, Selever said:

And someone know how to get purple-flamed Pyropellis dragon? He is a kinda nice and i want get him :D

Pyropellis x Green Firegem has been confirmed to give purple multiple times now.

Not sure if other combinations have been found for it yet however