TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

I love the collaboration taking place here! :)

I'll join in as soon as I can, but I was late to the party, and my hatchis haven't even gendered yet.

I updated the list (i just grouped the female sawstooth and Blue-banded together until proven otherwise). I've also updated Whiptail, Sunstone, and moonstone to the no change list

image.png.00edab60194bf309342412bddee83859.png

No change with Razorcrest

Not added to spreadsheet.

image.png.ca7a95da582c910e70d71cef4acd5ef5.png

Interestingly male Hellfires breed orange - makes sense but since the females breed cyan I wasn't sure the dimorphism would affect it!

At this rate we'll have tested all the breeds soon. Another one from me:

IMG_20210828_171324.thumb.jpg.d016ed5dcd6f9ec111b7eba838066314.jpg

Carmine and blue zyu had no change. Would edit the sheet but I can't figure out how to :( 

What stripe colors do you think these will make? Will it change based on fire color or will fire color change based on stripe? Or not change at all...

Edited by Diggie

Added everything to the list of orange

I wonder if the flames don't always change?

Still, my older Pyropellis grew up so it's time to strat breeding

Tried Turpentine and Mageia, both orange. Could someone add it to the spreadsheet for me?

13 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Updated my list here! 

Note - This is not a complete list. These just list dragons I thought would be relevant. 

{snip}

Updated my list again.

Some of these make me sad like the Ultraviolets.

Are Water Dragons really the only ones who make the Flameless variety? 

Goodness, it really seems orange-flame is going to be the 'regular' and the others are only given by a few select breeds. I get it, mechanic-wise, but it is a little disappointing that lineage/breeding options will be pretty limited with the other flame colors. Like other people posting here there are definitely some breeds I'm surprised to see not affect the flame-color, some that I would immediately associate with fire/flame/specific colors. Thank you to everyone experimenting and posting results, it's very very helpful for those of us who don't have many adults yet!

Also, has any one tried Geodes?

And for the Astaarus, is it confirmed that both genders give orange flames? Female Astaarus are fairly blue. 

We have this far been treating any breeding pair where the flames stay orange as "no change". Depending on if the bald Pyropellis regain their flames on their own or not, that list might actually need to be divided in two: dragons who re-ignite their Pyro mate with orange flames and dragons who's mating truly has no effect on the existance or existing color of their pyro mate's flames.

I am so impatient!!! My oldest Pyropellis dragon is 1 hour away from growing up. 

Arcana gave me a green One.  I’m trying the dragon sprites that actually show a flame since that ignites the pyropellis?

F9A4CB8D-A141-43F8-96F1-405F25EA9EEF.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Also, has any one tried Geodes?

And for the Astaarus, is it confirmed that both genders give orange flames? Female Astaarus are fairly blue. 

Screenshot_20210828-134001_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c2967d9aa34f2891bbd04f22ae16ceb9.jpg

Astaarus: Both genders give orange flames

@Shokomon is right though, the flames on the back of the female are definitely blue.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

Oof, lost a whole batch of Shumoga eggs... just waited for egg stage 4 or 5 to pop up, then wanted to EQ, but I... forgot... and they hatched. OTL

Oh well, grabbed a few more Pyropellis now :')

@Shokomon

Yes, Geodes = orange.

Edited by caya

Well that sucked, my latest batch of skittish attempts killed them all at stage 5 holes with 4 days and under. The batch before that left them all unaffected so I tried to force/kill a couple and it just smashed the eggs. Ugh so frustrating.  Time for round 3.

I was able to get purple and both blue color flame adults though so thats cool! I really hope they stay those colors after cooldown. 

I think some of the breeds may be bugged, like arcana was, we'll have to wait and see.

I really want to know if Spitfire and Ultraviolet are bugged or if they're working properly. Either way, its sad we only have 13 breeds currently that changes the flame colour or snuff it out

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Screenshot_20210828-134001_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c2967d9aa34f2891bbd04f22ae16ceb9.jpg

Astaarus: Both genders give orange flames

@Shokomon is right though, the flames on the back of the female are definitely blue.

51 minutes ago, caya said:

Oof, lost a whole batch of Shumoga eggs... just waited for egg stage 4 or 5 to pop up, then wanted to EQ, but I... forgot... and they hatched. OTL

Oh well, grabbed a few more Pyropellis now :')

@Shokomon

Yes, Geodes = orange.

Aww. Thank you both.

Maybe we can make a thread petitioning to change some of the breedings? (I still think spitfires should make cyan flames. They breath turquoise fire. It says so in their encyclopedia.) 

And sorry to everyone who lost dragons to Earthquake.

I think for Shumogas, I'm sticking to using the kill action. It's not like I use it for anything else.

At least with these guys, I can rationalize it the same way I rationalize Biting BSAs. I am helping a species reproduce. This is their natural process (or at least as natural as you can get with vampires.) It happens in nature. 

Edit:

15 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Updated my list here! 

Note - This is not a complete list. These just list dragons I thought would be relevant. 

{snip}

My list and @Dinala1641882 's spreadsheet below. It is a complete list of known dragon breeding results. My lists are more specific to my own thoughts.

- Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qg3Ef_XwycPQk_7bRbvzEQZgWX1Es1ZAe8NTC35fbFE/edit#gid=0 

Edited by Shokomon