TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Thing I did not know till now: White dragons can Ward fogged eggs.

That means you can see what stage of cracking a fogged egg is at - handy if it's under 4d already and you're trying to time an earthquake.

I come bearing good news. Copper x Pyropellis makes GREEN! Because scientifically when copper is burned, it makes green light. 

What’s even more interesting is they no interested but it still turned green? Can refused pairs still initiate a colour change with the flames?

C359FDA5-9642-4568-B07E-B1DF6C7B432A.jpeg

249B005D-47D1-4C7B-82F9-05AD83250EEE.jpeg

Edited by Bambi

8 minutes ago, Bambi said:

I come bearing good news. Copper x Pyropellis makes GREEN! Because scientifically when copper is burned, it makes green light. 

What’s even more interesting is they no interested but it still turned green? Can refused pairs still initiate a colour change with the flames?

12F94BAA-E294-47E7-B25B-31FB442E5C4F.png

2BDB602F-BEB9-4F84-8214-70E160AD6197.jpeg

Oh huh, interesting!

Updating my list:

ive done some tests of myself! results under spoiler :)

Spoiler

image.png.541d560905dda2374954bca46feac2d2.png

exalted pitfires are green!

image.png.396a160a78ce433beb893733381ffd16.png

and regular pitfires are orange.

image.png.727ab5f34c30b9d2bd8b28c5142eae59.png

this one was unexpected though... youd think this would make the cyan variant, but female hellfires are orange.

male astaarus makes orange, as does luminox.

ive also texted blue xols, aeons, and spitfires, and they are all orange

i was just testing with aeons and xols, but spitfires i really thought would produce a cyan variant... 

image.png.54334a865762d1b952297ef532813646.png

guess not..? 

edit: added hellfire/other results

Edited by lexi_

12 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

ive done some tests of myself! results under spoiler :)

Hide contents

image.png.541d560905dda2374954bca46feac2d2.png

exalted pitfires are green!

image.png.396a160a78ce433beb893733381ffd16.png

and regular pitfires are orange.

image.png.727ab5f34c30b9d2bd8b28c5142eae59.png

this one was unexpected though... youd think this would make the cyan variant, but female hellfires are orange.

male astaarus makes orange, as does luminox.

ive also texted blue xols, aeons, and spitfires, and they are all orange

edit: added hellfire/other results

Okay the spitfire one surprises me. Their description even says they have blue fire.

4 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Okay the spitfire one surprises me. Their description even says they have blue fire.

yeah, thats why i tried it, because i knew in their encyclopedia that they produced blue fire.

part of me thinks that maybe cyan ones arent being produced because of a glitch..? unless someone has a confirmed cyan that i dont know about. spitfires and female hellfires surprised me, but im not sure.

Edited by lexi_

I find it really curious that even the "don't show much interest in each other" reaction still achieves the color change! I guess when we shove the dragons at each other to introduce them, they end up standing close enough for the flames to be affected even if they decide not to mate =P

It's wild to me, though, that all of these different dragons with different colored flames on them, or unique dragons like Coppers, have all been programmed to produce their own colors on the new Pyropellis. That seems much more complicated to implement than it being based on element, as was originally speculated. Like, doesn't that mean TJ and/or the artist had to go through the entire list of dragons and individually decide which ones would give which colors based on their artwork? o.o If so, I really appreciate that effort and attention to detail even if these dragons aren't for me personally. If not and there was an easier method, nothing wrong with that 😅 It's still a cool concept that players are having fun with! Thank you to all involved!

4 minutes ago, Silverwatermist said:

It's wild to me, though, that all of these different dragons with different colored flames on them, or unique dragons like Coppers, have all been programmed to produce their own colors on the new Pyropellis. 

It's these sort of releases that just make me so awed by programmers and coders and people who can make this sort of thing happen. I know my way around computers in the sense of how to fix things when they go wrong, but stuff like coding a website and especially whatever intricacy must be at work for *this* sort of mechanic, it's just amazing.

16 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

yeah, thats why i tried it, because i knew in their encyclopedia that they produced blue fire.

part of me thinks that maybe cyan ones arent being produced because of a glitch..? unless someone has a confirmed cyan that i dont know about. spitfires and female hellfires surprised me, but im not sure.

Just been confirmed that someone was able to create a cyan Pyro by breeding Red Fire Gem (F) x Pyro :) they no egged unfortunately but it still transformed into the cyan flamed colours.

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's these sort of releases that just make me so awed by programmers and coders and people who can make this sort of thing happen. I know my way around computers in the sense of how to fix things when they go wrong, but stuff like coding a website and especially whatever intricacy must be at work for *this* sort of mechanic, it's just amazing.

Very much so agreed 😅 As I was sitting here reading the thread and learning how the new mechanic works, that's all I could think about!

1 minute ago, Bambi said:

Just been confirmed that someone was able to create a cyan Pyro by breeding Red Fire Gem (F) x Pyro :) they no egged unfortunately but it still transformed into the cyan flamed colours.

interesting... i wonder why spitfires and hellfires didnt work then! 

44 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

interesting... i wonder why spitfires and hellfires didnt work then! 

I'd assume Hellfires are solely because the males are still orange... can't say for Spitfires though!

On 8/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, 0x08 said:

I felt like doing some theory-crafting on the Pyropellis' variants and which other dragons may be needed to obtain them.

<trim>

I've been keeping this updated to the best of my abilities. :)

I got my very first skittish hatchling! "Killed" it at 4d 23h non-incubated with a big hole in the middle. At least I've seen for myself that it can be done, lol

3/4 of my attempts died though RIP

Edited by Mangrit

7/7 of my attempts died. No skittish for me, feels like I wasted my time and scroll space for the past few days on those. >_<

That's two and a half more findings for the list.

Arcana is weird! I love it!

I wonder if the Arcana dragon is random on purpose? They're highly magical and their description says, "These dragons have specialized organs for storing mana, and can produce varying effects from these reserves simply through instinct." :o