TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

3 hours ago, StarSea said:

@Diame @fergalicious214 I'm sorry, that sucks a lot. I killed 3 of the 4 I had, two of which were a friend's at that... I feel your pain. 💔 If you want to try again in the future (I must be crazy for doing so myself), I'm going to be getting the eggs cracking and then fog them and let their timers get well below 4d, maybe down to 1d or 2d, and try to EQ them while fogged and hopefully that produces great results.

I'll probably do something similar to what you suggested.  My scroll goals makes it so I need 5 of each dragon, two adults, two gendered hatchies, and one non so I can get all the sprites.  I've already accepted I'll probably never get a neglected dragon due to the challenge but I'm determined to get this one!  

Though I ended up getting all five green Cantos in one go so I guess this is just the RNG paying me back....

52 minutes ago, spirited_soul said:

From my EQ attempts on the Shumoga eggs I noticed that there seemed to be a higher chance to get an egg with S1 or S2 cracks to hatch than the eggs with holes. I have no idea why but I hatched 3 with just cracks while the 2 with big holes died. For the other eggs I used Ward to protect them. :)

Hmm, this is interesting. Wonder if it's just random luck or if there's actually a difference. 

I'm being my usual impatient self and combing through different hatcheries trying to find different-colored Pyro flames to unlock the Encyclopedia... Hatcheries that don't immediately remove adults are great for this, though I've only found a small handful of each so far.

i EQ'd for the first time ever.  the first time, i killed one, the other was unaffected.  i EQ'd again.  the hatchie scampered out, and i caught him!

i posted some screenshots over the EQ science thread.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm being my usual impatient self and combing through different hatcheries trying to find different-colored Pyro flames to unlock the Encyclopedia... Hatcheries that don't immediately remove adults are great for this, though I've only found a small handful of each so far.

oh same!

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, Arcy said:

black truffle and galvanic are both no change

image.png.d38bc742a12444d5835d89efb5635798.png

image.png.564c5d9fc0bc62daa1ad0c55eec9f47b.png

Bred my fem Pyropellis with Brimstone & the egg auto abandoned..cos full scroll..I forgot...but my girl's flames turned blue!! 😊💙

No change from breeding with Orange Canto.

1679360508_ScreenShot2021-08-28at11_45_07am.png.f434bef3cbc0709f7ffebbc9ce5dcb03.png

On brighter news, got a dark Shumogo from my first kill attempt (5d3h, no incubate, small hole)! I'll wait a little while for my other ready egg, it still has an s2 crack.

2 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Could also type in your name at the bottom, highlight from A3 down, go into 'Data' on the top taskbar, select 'Sort Range', and select the 'A-Z' option to have it automatically alphabetize the column.

That's basically what I do.

Link to spreadsheet so that we don't have to search pages back to get it.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get Pyropellis with the different flame colors.  Is that where EQ come in with the cave born Pyropellis eggs, those that survive have a different flame color? Please some one help....I'm old and my brain is rather dusty.

2 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get Pyropellis with the different flame colors.  Is that where EQ come in with the cave born Pyropellis eggs, those that survive have a different flame color? Please some one help....I'm old and my brain is rather dusty.

Its dependent on who its breed with. We are currently collecting data in a spreadsheet (see post above for link).

The EQ is for the Shumoga. To get the darker skittish ones you need to force hatch with either kill or EQ.

Edited by Dinala1641882

4 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Its dependent on who its breed with. We are currently collecting data in a spreadsheet (see post above for link).

The EQ is for the Shumoga. To get the darker skittish ones you need to force hatch with either kill or EQ.

If breeding causes the CB Pyropellis flames to change then what is the point of EQing them other than forcing them to hatch early?  I am confused.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

7 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

If breeding causes the CB Pyropellis flames to change then what is the point of EQing them other than forcing them to hatch early?  I am confused.

When anyone in this thread has been talking about EQing something it has been the other new release, the Shumoga Dragon.

24 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Earthquake is only for the Shumogas- having the egg hatch via EQ gives the dark variant while hatching naturally gives the pale.

The reason EQ is getting mentioned along with the Pyropellis is because a lot of players have both types of eggs on their scrolls [EQ has no effect on the Pyropellis beyond maybe hatching them early]

As for the flame colors, they only affect the adults - and what color the Pyropellis changes to depends on the mate AND if the dragons bred or not

There's  a spreadsheet somewhere in the postage above with all the current confirmed pairs to get certain colors.

I tried breeding with a Leodon due to its description, which mentions “its innate skill as a master of fire magic”:

The Leodon Dragon is well-known for its astonishing size and short, explosive tempers. Although often praised for its undying bravery, its penchant to jump head-first into unknown situations often leads to more trouble than necessary, especially when the Leodon relies more on brute force to solve problems than its innate skill as a master of fire magic. These dragons are adventurous by nature and enjoy any physical challenge they come across, but nothing evokes a Leodon’s courage more than the endangerment of its kin, both blood and chosen. The friends and family of a Leodon are fiercely guarded, even at the cost of its own life.

Result with female Leodon x male Pyro: orange fire. 

0E4F5BCB-D7C1-4035-BBBD-4FFD1893DC0D.jpeg.7ba4beabce86915f8693ec3d6b0ba311.jpeg

TrIed adding it to spreadsheet; I don’t have the skills or right device. Hope someone can fix it. Accidentally added another sheet. 🥴

Welp, I played with fire and I got burned. Four dead eggos and regrets are being had 😞

Updated my list here! 

Note - This is not a complete list. These just list dragons I thought would be relevant. 

I'm sad Spitfires don't cause cyan flames. :(

Too bad we can't get these guys near Magnesium dragons, or we would get bright white flames. 

Also of note, Copper sulfate makes green fire, but Copper chloride makes a almost cyan fire

- Tarnished copper contains copper sulfate, so Liver of Sulfur (Tarnished) Copper Dragons making Green flames make perfect sense. Rainbow had some tarnished bits to it, so it make sense that it could make green flames as well. 

- Copper Carbonate gives Copper its green color when it rusts. It burns yellow-green when applied to fire. So, it would make sense for Verdigris (Green) Copper dragons to make green flames as well. 

- Burning pure copper changes the flames to a lovely green-cyan color. So Pennybright Copper dragons could make cyan flames, but they probably make more green ones.

- I don't think any of the coppers naturally contain copper chloride, so that makes it unlikely for us to get cyan flames from coppers. 

Updated the spreadsheet with more new finds. Posting here as well so people can see.

These all result in orange flames

Amalthean
Lacula
Holiday 11 (Blizzard Wizard)
Holiday 09 (Snow Angel)
Holiday 13 (Solstice)
Cantormaris Mundus, Itus, Motus
Boreal
Cloudplume
Red Xol
Caligene
Oracle Wyrm

Edited by Dinala1641882

53 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Burning pure copper changes the flames to a lovely green-cyan color. So Pennybright Copper dragons could make cyan flames, but they probably make more green ones.

Can confirm that Pennybrights produce the green variant:

9qNNjQE.png

Sneaky, new dragons released a week early? Anyway, just grabbed three of the Pyropellis Wyverns, now to try for the other one.

Pyropellis combos:

xAmarignis = Orange (original)

xArcana = Green

xGreen Fire Gem = Purple

xRed Fire Gem = Blue

silver shimmer and terrae are both orange flame unfortunately : (

the orange still looks quite good with both of them in lineage view. 

also tried breeding a mistletoe, got a not interested, but color remained standard orange.

evidence:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/7LUNa

https://dragcave.net/lineage/bFhXP

edit: if someone could add terrae to the spreadsheet i would be very thankful. i don't know how to use spreadsheets LOL you have my thanks, @fergalicious214 !

Edited by steeve

5 minutes ago, steeve said:

edit: if someone could add terrae to the spreadsheet i would be very thankful. i don't know how to use spreadsheets LOL

Updated the spreadsheet for you!  ❤️

Unsurprisingly, Sinomorph stays orange.

2030682108_Screenshot(2455).png.06e3985eadcb32cd9086339e283974f1.png

I'll update the spreadsheet in a sec, my theory is that all Zyus will stay orange due to them being neutral.

Edit: Nvm! I do not know how to use it either and I don't want to mess anything up. Help please,,

Edit 2: Ah tysm @Myoukin!!

Edited by Tinemo

10 minutes ago, Tinemo said:

Unsurprisingly, Sinomorph stays orange.

2030682108_Screenshot(2455).png.06e3985eadcb32cd9086339e283974f1.png

I'll update the spreadsheet in a sec, my theory is that all Zyus will stay orange due to them being neutral.

Edit: Nvm! I do not know how to use it either and I don't want to mess anything up. Help please,,

I added it for you.