TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

so if they dont breed true.... you're saying this would be possible OHOHO

image.png.88f05b11e1e19200cf2cddf623136c90.png

both of these releases have so much lineage potential, tysm infi and doha again!!!

okay now you have to do it because that's GORGEOUS ;a;

I hate breed variants that can only be got by risking killing your eggs. Just lost 3 Shumoga eggs and the 4th survived two earthquakes and stayed in its shell. I wonder if incubate would count for getting them out early.

@Charity322

the mechanic isn't getting them out early, just forcing them out of the shell, period ^^ 

Edited by Infinis

2 hours ago, Tini said:

Given TJ has a donation post for server costs, I'm not sure that I can believe he's making any kind of profit on it. If there are times he's making profit off ads, I imagine that's just going into paying for the months he's in the red instead. Holiday releases are about the only time I could buy him making a profit, just from sheer traffic.

Actually he makes enough off ad revenue to pay for everything. He added the donation thread and the pay for ad removal at request of players.  He's stated this multiple times in the past.

3 hours ago, Meh said:

We're interested here if breeding e.g. green Pyrop x green Pyrop keeps them green as everything suggests, or it's something else again? I'm also curious what happens when two different color Pyrops (e.g. purple x cyan, blue x bald) breed too.

Could I get pinged or PMed with the answer once someone breeds any of such pairings, please?

Thanks TJ and spriters!

This has been a most wonderful release.  I love the dragons! Additionally, this is the first time I can remember that I have been totally engaged in and planning for breeding past the 2nd generation and possibly beyond :D

Great THANKS for all your many talents, creativity and imagination!

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Second-round pyro breeder here. They can change on each breeding and it's pretty straightforward. Results I've had;

• green pyro + blue fire mate = change to blue fire
  • colored pyro + orange fire mate = change to orange fire
  • bald pyro + fire-less mate = no change

When you say 'bald pyro + fire-less mate = no change' do you mean the Bald pyro stayed Bald? Or that it changed back to the default Orange?

That aside, lineages are going to be an interesting thing to see as in order to have a certain color display,  there's going to have to be an additional breeding done.

Example - wanting to build a checkered Blue Pyro x Verdigris Copper.

You'll have to do the first breeding of the gen 1. Pyro to the Copper (turning it green) and then a second breeding of Gen 1. To a blue fire breed so that gen 2. Pyro-Copper has the gen 1. Pyro parent display as blue.

Kind of excited to see what lineages will pop up now because of this.

Thanks TJ and everyone.

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Second-round pyro breeder here. They can change on each breeding and it's pretty straightforward. Results I've had;

• green pyro + blue fire mate = change to blue fire
  • colored pyro + orange fire mate = change to orange fire
  • bald pyro + fire-less mate = no change

6 hours ago, Infinis said:

wild shumoga must always be force hatched, they don't breed true ^^

Thanks for both these posts.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, 0x08 said:

I felt like doing some theory-crafting on the Pyropellis' variants and which other dragons may be needed to obtain them.

I've been updating this post with new information as it gets confirmed.

I'll crosspost this over to the sleuth thread, when that opens again and if more experiments and note-taking are needed. :)

The below is confirmed information unless stated otherwise. Check edit summary for sources.

[trimmed]

This should be the last update!

Thanks to all the testers, and of course to the artists for bringing new dragon friends into the world. :)

Edited by 0x08

Since we pretty much have mechanics figured out now, I'm going to close this. Thank you TJ and spriters for these new dragons!

I'm re-opening the below thread in SD for the ongoing Pyro breeding discussion, provided it stays on topic.