TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

All you folks getting fails at hatchable times and I'm just cracking eggs at 26 hours old lmao

Edited by Shadowdrake

For the Pyrospellis, any ideas which breeding messages produce the color changes? I guess the dragons touching each other ("you attempt to breed the two dragons but no egg is produced, "the dragons breed to produced an/multiple egg(s)") get the color change while if they don't touch ( "not interested" or "refused to go near each other"), you don't get the color change.

Just done Earthquake on four eggs.. Two killed, one unaffected and one hatchie.  I now have two female skittish.  Praying the next lot I do gives me a male, so I can get  this horrible BSA finished with.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Influence them all male...

I did! 

3 hours ago, Tini said:

So, update on pyros: the CBs are changing color but it's not making perfect sense.

green fire gem = purple fire

amaringis = orange (which is the default)

falciorm wyvern = dark blue

water dragon = bald! grats to all that called that one.

I'm hoping its a permanent thing.

It was just as I had guessed,water extinguished the fire.

19 hours ago, NEX-Trishula said:

In my opinion,the yellow flame may be the "Base form"(2 of this form displayed by TJ),Bald ones may breed with some water element dragons?

Okay folks, if you set up a breed where you need something like an Earthquake to obtain it, then please don't make it practically impossible to succeed. I had seven eggs with large holes from 4d1h to 4d3h on my scroll and got this:

screenshot.png

Frankly, with such results, this totally makes no sense to me. Like this I wasted two days raising these eggs just to get them killed or escaping or nothing.

If there is really someone around who is supposed to know an about 100% certain way to force-hatch eggs safely, then I implore them to tell this to the public here to avoid further massacred like this! (I don't know who told this to me, but I remember I was told that there was someone around who was supposed to be totally surprised that people haven't figured out how to safely hatch these eggs dark, so I would definitely like to know this, too.

I'm sorry, I'm still really upset and annoyed at this senseless massacre without any rewards.

8 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Okay folks, if you set up a breed where you need something like an Earthquake to obtain it, then please don't make it practically impossible to succeed. I had seven eggs with large holes from 4d1h to 4d3h on my scroll and got this:

screenshot.png

Frankly, with such results, this totally makes no sense to me. Like this I wasted two days raising these eggs just to get them killed or escaping or nothing.

Oh no, that's some terrible luck! :( But it's definitely not the default success rate! (Personally, I haven't managed to kill any fully cracked eggs below 5 days by EQ yet.)

@Aie

I had similar results with Cantors, but there it suffices to get them EQ'd and they stay unaffected. My green Cantors  that I got myself (without trading) were mainly eggs that stayed unaffected.

But here you actually need to force-hatch them! And no, my kill-slots were all taken, so I couldn't even try to kill a single egg to do things that way.

I can't really express how annoyed, upset, sad and disappointed I feel right now.

@Astreya That really sucks. It is definitely quite some bad luck, out of several batches of cantos I EQed I only had...I think about 2 deaths, quite a few more than that which hatched, and the remaining eggs (the majority) unaffected. It is quite challenging with this variant since we have to make them actually hatch though, you can just EQ again but run the risk of kills all over again.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

On the other hand this was my result. And I Earthquaked twice and got this both times.

Screenshot_20210825-223509_Chrome.jpg

You shouldn't be EQing eggs with the intention to hatch them until they have enough views that they start cracking. They can only die or be unaffected otherwise.

@DragonLady86

I wouldn't have minded as much if they all stayed unaffected, as then I'd have thought okay, fine, they stay white, but having most of them killed or run away is so senseless and devastating after raising them for two days. I feel really awful and horribly sad at the moment.

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

On the other hand this was my result. And I Earthquaked twice and got this both times.

Screenshot_20210825-223509_Chrome.jpg

you need at least a s1 crack for eggs to be able to hatch from an earthquake. and if those eggs weren't at least 24 hours old, then you also would not have been able to hatch any of them.

Hello - basically as new species I think both August comers are great, cute and beautiful. So thanks to spriters!

The Pyropellis also seems a fun species to play with. I like the variety and the new possibilities. For the Shumogas, I have to agree with many people that the EQ/Kill needed to obtain the alt - which of course is more interesting looking - leaves me feeling a bit troubled. I don't mind the risks, even wasting a batch of eggs ready to hatch - this is a game so risks make it exciting. And if it's difficult, so what, because when one finally succeeds, it feels all the better. But call me squeamish, goes against my way of thinking to maim and kill even virtual beings just for my amusement. If it were a fight, but this is supposed to be raising beings? I'd be ok with EQ resulting in the hatchling escaping = being transferred to the cave? I'm not going to use Kill anyway, but that's my choice.

I'm now wondering if Alt Shumogas can breed Alt Shumogas or if they must always be EQed?

28 minutes ago, DehydratedWater said:

you need at least a s1 crack for eggs to be able to hatch from an earthquake. and if those eggs weren't at least 24 hours old, then you also would not have been able to hatch any of them.

Not true. Views yes, cracks no. And they are 4 days old. I do know how earthquake works, i use it often 

I've been way behind in reading this thread but I got to my 4 eggs just in time, large hole ready to hatch in 1 hr.  Got brave and hit KILL on each....of the 4 only one died :D  I now have 3 dark hatchlings.

52 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

I've been way behind in reading this thread but I got to my 4 eggs just in time, large hole ready to hatch in 1 hr.  Got brave and hit KILL on each....of the 4 only one died :D  I now have 3 dark hatchlings.

Edit: all my eggs were incubated

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

Can you use KILL on a hatchie and an egg? And must you breed to get the different color flames?

2 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Can you use KILL on a hatchie and an egg? And must you breed to get the different color flames?

You cannot use it on a hatchie. Only the egg. The egg needs to be forced to hatch to give the dark variant.

And it seems that that is how to get the different color flames. There is still a lot of experimenting to do to see exactly how it works, but it has been confirmed that breeding with some breeds changes the color of the flames.

Just a quick note on kill versus earthquake. Yes, kill only risks one egg at a time while earthquake risks all of them.

But kill only has two possible outcomes: kill or hatch. (Does not mean the chance is 50/50.)

Earthquake has 4 options: kill, hatch but run away, hatch but get caught, and no effect.

Just by those simple odds, earthquake is less risk.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You cannot use it on a hatchie. Only the egg. The egg needs to be forced to hatch to give the dark variant.

And it seems that that is how to get the different color flames. There is still a lot of experimenting to do to see exactly how it works, but it has been confirmed that breeding with some breeds changes the color of the flames.

Thank you hazy

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Just a quick note on kill versus earthquake. Yes, kill only risks one egg at a time while earthquake risks all of them.

But kill only has two possible outcomes: kill or hatch. (Does not mean the chance is 50/50.)

Earthquake has 4 options: kill, hatch but run away, hatch but get caught, and no effect.

Just by those simple odds, earthquake is less risk.

Yes I see, thank you.

Edited by Bigbite

3 hours ago, Astreya said:

screenshot.png

If there is really someone around who is supposed to know an about 100% certain way to force-hatch eggs safely, then I implore them to tell this to the public here to avoid further massacred like this! (I don't know who told this to me, but I remember I was told that there was someone around who was supposed to be totally surprised that people haven't figured out how to safely hatch these eggs dark, so I would definitely like to know this, too.

I'm sorry, I'm still really upset and annoyed at this senseless massacre without any rewards.

Same here: 
unknown.png

(not incubated, were at 4d something)

3 hours ago, Aie said:

Oh no, that's some terrible luck! :( But it's definitely not the default success rate! (Personally, I haven't managed to kill any fully cracked eggs below 5 days by EQ yet.)

+

2 hours ago, MissK. said:

@Astreya That really sucks. It is definitely quite some bad luck, out of several batches of cantos I EQed I only had...I think about 2 deaths, quite a few more than that which hatched, and the remaining eggs (the majority) unaffected. It is quite challenging with this variant since we have to make them actually hatch though, you can just EQ again but run the risk of kills all over again.

I wouldn't say it's a terrible bad luck if they aren't the only one having basicaly the same results, on the contrary,  this is not a rare result!
And with Cantomaris, at least the unaffected eggs count:/ And unaffected is quite a common result, unlike the hatch and catch...

Edited by Meh

You know, it just seems wrong for a game that has always encouraged us to nurture and care for our babies, that we are now required to risk their death. Just sayin'!

7 minutes ago, Meh said:

I wouldn't say it's a terrible bad luck if they aren't the only one having basicaly the same results, on the contrary,  this is not a rare result!
And with Cantomaris, at least the unaffected eggs count:/ And unaffected is quite a common result, unlike the hatch and keep...

I meant that generally it seems more common that some eggs are unaffected rather than getting mostly deaths and running away. So yeah the challenge with these is that they do need to hatch.