TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Ah, I was really hoping for a white-flame Pyropellis! Although maybe Amarignis just breed purple. The green fire gives major Maleficent vibes. 

I’m still hoping that Pyropellis adults themselves will change color upon breeding with different dragons, instead of producing differently colored offspring. That would be a new and fun mechanisn and allow for CB color variants. If that is the case, we should see it as soon as the first Pyropellis grow up and are bred. My oldest is at 5d12h, anyone got an older hatch?

So, which are the dragons you're referring to as the "Skittish" ones? The ones from the Deserrt/Alpine or the Volcano batch? Just curious to know before I try to EQ so I don't accidently try it on the wrong ones. I haven't been spending a lot of time on the forums lately.

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

So, which are the dragons you're referring to as the "Skittish" ones? The ones from the Deserrt/Alpine or the Volcano batch? Just curious to know before I try to EQ so I don't accidently try it on the wrong ones. I haven't been spending a lot of time on the forums lately.

The ones from the Desert and Alpine. You can do EQ or attempt to kill-hatch them with the Kill action to get the skittish.

4 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I’m still hoping that Pyropellis adults themselves will change color upon breeding with different dragons, instead of producing differently colored offspring. That would be a new and fun mechanisn and allow for CB color variants. If that is the case, we should see it as soon as the first Pyropellis grow up and are bred. My oldest is at 5d12h, anyone got an older hatch?

That would actually be a pretty cool mechanic; maybe the partner dragon's scale color would determine the flame color, or if the partner's color doesn't align with any of the possible flame colors (or bred with a water dragon as others have said) it becomes flameless. It would certainly make it easier to obtain all the variations.

26 minutes ago, Infinis said:

the near foot on the wild shumoga is hard to see just because of where it is - i did everything i could to mitigate it (yellow claws were one of those mitigations) already so no further adjustments will be coming

I can sort of tell where it is. It just isn't immediately apparent. I would not really want you to change a thing about these beautiful creatures. I can see why it has to be the way it is due to their pose. I love your artwork and am sure you did all you could to show it off. :)

9 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I am really hoping for that, too!

Wow, they are both very beautiful! ❤️

I have been rather inactive lately. Hoping like some other people here that we can get cbs of those beautiful Pyropellis colors!

43 minutes ago, Tini said:

Yeah there's very few actually breathing fire, but a number more On fire. which is funny.

I don't know why that made me giggle, but yeah that is interesting!

6 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Just kind of thinking aloud here.... IF the different colored flames are produced on an adult dragon by breeding that dragon to another specific dragon type, would the flame color be temporary like shed Luminae, or permanent like Aegis (unless you deliberately pacify)... Hmm. This is all so interesting to think about, my dragons usually have multiple mates so if the flame-color isn't permanent it could constantly be changing depending on what it's been bred to most recently, which could really make lineages frustrating unless you make the full lineage on your own scroll only so no one else would change their adults... For the complication factor only I'm still kind of hoping it's the breeding affecting the produced egg/dragon, instead of the already-grown-and-bred adult... Or that it's permanent based on first mating partner maybe? Or the dragon could choose to keep it's first breeding-produced flame even when later breeding with different breeds?

14 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Ah, I was really hoping for a white-flame Pyropellis! Although maybe Amarignis just breed purple. The green fire gives major Maleficent vibes. 

same!! i really want a white fire dragon, some day. specifically where the fire is such a large part of the sprite.

once we figure out the mechanic, i'm DEFINITELY breeding with an amarignis. they will make such a beautiful pair with the purple flame : )

14 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

love this idea. we don't have very many (or any?) permanent breeding-dependant sprites, since luminas and celestials go back to normal and the only other permanently changed adult sprites are pitfires and aegis (unless i am missing someone). it would be awesome to have a changing non-holiday adult. it would be a bit of a bummer if we can't get CBs of the rainbow colors at all.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Just kind of thinking aloud here.... IF the different colored flames are produced on an adult dragon by breeding that dragon to another specific dragon type, would the flame color be temporary like shed Luminae, or permanent like Aegis (unless you deliberately pacify)... Hmm. This is all so interesting to think about, my dragons usually have multiple mates so if the flame-color isn't permanent it could constantly be changing depending on what it's been bred to most recently, which could really make lineages frustrating unless you make the full lineage on your own scroll only so no one else would change their adults... For the complication factor only I'm still kind of hoping it's the breeding affecting the produced egg/dragon, instead of the already-grown-and-bred adult... Or that it's permanent based on first mating partner maybe? Or the dragon could choose to keep it's first breeding-produced flame even when later breeding with different breeds?

Oooh yeah, that would make trying to create a pattern lineage irksome. I would be all for the first mate it breeds with permanently deciding the flame color... though the people who are willing to experiment before we know anything for sure might be in for an unfortunate surprise if this turns out to be the case.

26 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

There's a couple but not many at 4d11, i have one at 5d4, it'll be late tonight into tomorrow afternoon we start getting reports back.

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

TJ doesn't have temporary alt things as part of release threads. Lumina, celestials, bsa, weather its CB or bred is the sticking point. I really hope its just the first thing you breed it to, I don't want them to change their colors at will, makes lineages annoying.

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Oooh yeah, that would make trying to create a pattern lineage irksome. I would be all for the first mate it breeds with permanently deciding the flame color... though the people who are willing to experiment before we know anything for sure might be in for an unfortunate surprise if this turns out to be the case.

I can't speak for everyone but most of the people on the discord coordinate. Person one will breed to x y z (presumably targeting the colors they like most) and report back, someone else will try others, or the same to confirm. It's just gonna be slow at first, super early eq are only done by a few people.

Edited by Tini

I have gathered 4 so I can run experiments on this breeding anomaly.  This should be fun 😈  First trick is to see how to get "bald" variant, maybe through water breeding. ~evil giggling~

10 minutes ago, ironmaiden66 said:

I have gathered 4 so I can run experiments on this breeding anomaly.  This should be fun 😈  First trick is to see how to get "bald" variant, maybe through water breeding. ~evil giggling~

It's possible all you have to do is breed it to a non-fire-breathing partner.

Cons in short: not a fan of alts that need earthquake or other risky mechanics. Not a fan at all. Dislike it for the green cantors which happens to be my favourite colour for them and will dislike it here were I am glad I like the other variant a bit better. ^^°
But it is something that stays on a hatchie if I am not mistaken, so I can always try for a trade. It's not too bad.

Opinions on the different flames will have to wait until that is figured out. Curious to see if the flameless one may be the cb standard, since de description says the parents usually ignite the flame first. And since CB eggs will not be accepted by their parents anymore once touched by humans (as the AP page says) no one would be there to do that technically.
Also I really hope the flame does not change colour depending on last mate or something like that, but stays once it has a specific one. Would be a fuss for lineage making otherwise.

But OMG DO I LOVE these adult sprites of both new releases! They are so well made and easily among my favourites right away. The poses, the shading and details... I'll better get collecting. I'll not even be mad if I can only have one of the flame types. Sad yes, because all are pretty, but they are sooo incredibly pretty that I just sat here staring at the sprites for a good moment. ❤️

Oh what beautiful sprites!! I love the flameless pyropellis lol. Fantastic work on these!

Awww beautiful adults!! I am going for the kill action to try on skittishs, just hope I will be in time for the hatch - guess, when the hole is big and they are about 4 days would be an okay time?

As far as the sprites are concerned I love the work of the artists!

But, what I really hate is the possibility of breed only variants of the dragons. I hate hybrids and all variants that must be bred.

Therefore, the mechanism of time related alts would be the best (for me at least) ;)

Wow wow these dragons are beautiful 😍 

Thank you TJ and all involved these are a magical addition to the cave 

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

The ones from the Desert and Alpine. You can do EQ or attempt to kill-hatch them with the Kill action to get the skittish.

Ah, okay. Thanks! I was honestly expecting the other species to be the EQ ones since there's several of them, but seeing the color variations for them, now I'm just curious as to how to obtain each color. 

----------------------

Overall I love both species, but those elegant flames of both blue shades, the purple and green have wowed me. cannot wait to get these beauties.

Well I just used the Kill action on an egg from the Alpine, and it killed the hatchling. It had 4 days and 1 hour left. (ETA: S5 cracking and almost 3000 overall views.) I incubated it, does that make a difference? I really liked the code, too. 😧  I don't think I'll be doing this again, especially in months that I want to use my Kill slots for mostly futile zombie attempts.

Also ETA: I understand there's always a chance that the egg will die. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics, if there are any.

Edited by Maladjust

58 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

It's possible all you have to do is breed it to a non-fire-breathing partner.

Possibly, BUT WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT?!

55 minutes ago, Reykur said:

Curious to see if the flameless one may be the cb standard, since de description says the parents usually ignite the flame first.

Hatchie description also says it keeps wanting to jump into the fire, so maybe that explains the flames on the s2s.

20 minutes ago, Maladjust said:

Well I just used the Kill action on an egg from the Alpine, and it killed the hatchling. It had 4 days and 1 hour left. (ETA: S5 cracking and almost 3000 overall views.) I incubated it, does that make a difference? I really liked the code, too. 😧  I don't think I'll be doing this again, especially in months that I want to use my Kill slots for mostly futile zombie attempts.

Also ETA: I understand there's always a chance that the egg will die. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics, if there are any.

as far as I know, incubate doesn't make a difference. just looks like bad luck, sorry u_u

34 minutes ago, agajol said:

But, what I really hate is the possibility of breed only variants of the dragons. I hate hybrids and all variants that must be bred.

Therefore, the mechanism of time related alts would be the best (for me at least)

From the breed description (see TJ's adults) we're hoping that breeding changes the color of the adult, and therefore CB rainbow colors are possible.

5 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

From the breed description (see TJ's adults) we're hoping that breeding changes the color of the adult, and therefore CB rainbow colors are possible.

I hope so ;)))