TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

I am amazed that I have a CB pair of the skittish hatchlings! I waited until my 2 eggs had the biggest hole and then used EQ. One was hatched and caught, the other was unaffected. Then I tried to "kill" the unaffected egg and I caught the escaping hatchling. It felt so weird using the kill action to hatch an egg. This was my first time using both actions (at least in recent memory).

Edited by HappyAppy

My sister doesn't have the green dragon so she tried the kill option and all 4 eggs died. I am so not trying the kill option.

3 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I'm looking for info on what gives you the highest odds of successfully hatching an egg with the kill action. I gather low time and a big hole are good but does incubating help or hurt your odds in any way? Any advice is appreciated!

I tend to not Incubate in cases like these, because Incubate only takes a day off the timer, it doesn't actually affect the 'real' age of the egg. Meaning, using Kill/EQ on an Incubated 4d egg is the same as it being a 5d egg, and in general lower times are more likely to be successful, so 5d is a little high for best-chance. Though it is completely possible at that time, I've even seen successes posted closer to 6d, but I personally wouldn't risk that. 

I'd much rather the Pyropellis be 'breed-only alts', I know some people don't like those because of the whole non-CB aspect but even when it comes to lineage building I feel like a breed-only alt would be more ideal than an adult-breeding change that can change whenever the user wants. I well remember the flutters about the Aegis, I know there's even a thread somewhere for people pledging to not continue to change their Aegis appearance. 

Someone suggested that they'd only change for the first breeding, which would be less flexible but easier to make varied lineages with.

1 hour ago, HappyAppy said:

I am amazed that I have a CB pair of the skittish hatchlings! I waited until my 2 eggs had the biggest hole and then used EQ. One was hatched and caught, the other was unaffected. Then I tried to "kill" the unaffected egg and I caught the escaping hatchling. It felt so weird using the kill action to hatch an egg. This was my first time using both actions (at least in recent memory).

Well,didn't you ever raised a Reborn Pitfire?They need to be killed for 1 time when adult to change to another form.It's the only alt I know seems danger but not danger at all(2 pairs chaged as planned,none was really died,just someone dodged for about 5 times before changed,and it won't trigle the kill CD if dodged but meaning to do it again at another day)

8 minutes ago, NEX-Trishula said:

Well,didn't you ever raised a Reborn Pitfire?They need to be killed for 1 time when adult to change to another form.It's the only alt I know seems danger but not danger at all(2 pairs chaged as planned,none was really died,just someone dodged for about 5 times before changed,and it won't trigle the kill CD if dodged but meaning to do it again at another day)

Pitfires are guaranteed to resurrect into the exalted form the first time they are killed. No actual risk.

14 minutes ago, NEX-Trishula said:

No Exalted Pitfires for me! I prefer their normal form :) 

These new fiery dragons though!! I wonder how they get the different colored flames 🤔

9 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Pitfires are guaranteed to resurrect into the exalted form the first time they are killed. No actual risk.

Yep,I said not danger at all.

Another good release. Thank-you to everyone involved in the new dragons designs and their creations as well as being involved in the release itself. Also, I like that the new dragon's build on the last couple of releases with adding special handling to produce special effects (alts?) in the new dragons. Well done! Thank-you.

5 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

EQ is not an option for me since I have too many z-codes, lineage project dragons, or other important eggs and hatchies I don't want to risk. 

Hatchies are unaffected by EQ ;)

You can always get the egg to a big hole, fog and wait for anything else to grow into hatchies if the importants are low enough time. I have heard its possible to hatch eggs by EQ when fogged.

Or flock to a help thread and get someone to hold your eggs for your attempt :)

Love the adults, and Im excited to find out how the Pyropellises work! 

47 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

How do the different colours happen?

No way of knowing until players' hatchlings mature and are bred. There's plenty of tinkering and experimenting to be done before anyone will know for sure how the other colors are acquired.

image.png.20b15bb604f75c17073792ead4a5a953.png

Posting this here as a reference for anyone else planning to use kill - this one was unincubated and hatched successfully right after this screenshot 😄 

So, update on pyros: the CBs are changing color but it's not making perfect sense.

green fire gem = purple fire

amaringis = orange (which is the default)

falciorm wyvern = dark blue

water dragon = bald! grats to all that called that one.

I'm hoping its a permanent thing.

Edited by Tini

4 minutes ago, Tini said:

green fire gem = purple fire

I think it makes sense, when you look at green gems they spit purple flames :) It will probs be blue for red gems, orange for Blue Gems.

The water effect is amusing!

I'm just.... in awe at bald dragon.  I love him so much, thank u Doha for giving me what I didn't even expect to ask but definitely needed

Based on my personal experience, I would advise to use EQ rather than kill. If you can get down to one or two eggs that you don’t want to risk, its not hard to find someone to hold them for 5 minutes while you EQ thanks to the dedicated forum thread. 

Glad to hear the first Pyropellis news. I understand that a non permanent change is not best for lineage building but I like having colorful CBs and it makes sense lore wise. If there is a thread to pledge that my dragons’ forms are permanent and they can be used safely in lineage, I would be happy to do so.

Very glad it is indeed the CBs that change colour! So far it seems quite reasonable, we'll have to wait and see if it lasts indefinitely until breeding with a different dragon. 

AAAAAA WE CAN HAVE RAINBOW CB PYROS!!! HYPE!!!

thank god we can have a 1 color lineage!! cannot wait to breed mine with my favorite breeds to see what happens!

... too bad mine are still at 5d11h : /

Edited by steeve

36 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Very glad it is indeed the CBs that change colour! So far it seems quite reasonable, we'll have to wait and see if it lasts indefinitely until breeding with a different dragon. 

Aaahh I read some posts back and just now understand that the CBs change the color the moment they get bred????????????????? What a funny mechanic!! XD

About the skittish - I managed to catch 4 more, but incubated them in my usual habit ack. Not sure now if I should kill or rather wait until a new batch that I won't incubate.

Did people kill successfully even with incubated eggs?

16 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I felt like doing some theory-crafting on the Pyropellis' variants and which other dragons may be needed to obtain them.

Reveal hidden contents

First and foremost, it's probably breeding-centered, but it's not clear how.

Is the variant determined by the mate of the parent Pyropellis?

Or is it the act of breeding itself that makes the flames change color, much like Lumina / Dark Lumina shedding?

Testing required.

The act of breeding itself changes the color of the flame.

bald.png.0dcf63c55348b5cbc4d9a21eb439e017.png

Bald / Flameless

• [CONFIRMED] Any Water-element breed

orange.png.445182e722699165d6dbb12e2b4bd2dd.png

Orange

• [CONFIRMED] Any non-Water-element breed (default)

green.png.3bf9c88a07ffe0572953af788850f18f.png

Green

• [UNTESTED] Arcana Dragon
  • [UNTESTED] Pitfire Dragon?

aqua.png.742a3e39658c3337b31953a8bed33ee9.png

Aqua

• [UNTESTED] Red Fire Gem Dragon
  • [UNTESTED] female Hellfire Wyvern
  • [UNTESTED] female Hellhorse Dragon

blue.png.1b03d62bbdfe0fdbe4ab40a5b0028cd3.png

Blue

• [UNTESTED] Carina Dragon
  • [CONFIRMED] Falconiform Wyvern

purple.png.a9a4883939451fbc6ed9ef2cfd594289.png
Purple

• [CONFIRMED] Green Fire Gem Dragon
  • [UNTESTED] Omen Wyrm

Thank you @Tini and @Shadowdrake for sharing your findings! I updated this post. :)

Interesting data so far. I'm not complaining, but I know I'll be very impatiently waiting for a week from now to see if 2nd-breedings change adult's fire-color. I've never minded the week breeding cooldown but now I'm impatient, lol. .... Since new release threads normally close when people start getting adults, I'm hoping/assuming someone will make a thread so we can continue tracking results when it comes time for a 2nd breeding. I love the adult Pyropellis so much, not sure which flame-color I like best but I'm leaning towards green, though actually I like the bald the best out of all of them. Especially in TJ's post, the bald one next to all his flamed siblings just stands out so awesomely.

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

About the skittish - I managed to catch 4 more, but incubated them in my usual habit ack. Not sure now if I should kill or rather wait until a new batch that I won't incubate.

Did people kill successfully even with incubated eggs?

It's definitely possible to get success with Incubated eggs, I would advise to let the timer get down lower than normal hatching time if it's Incubated but it's definitely possible.

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's definitely possible to get success with Incubated eggs, I would advise to let the timer get down lower than normal hatching time if it's Incubated but it's definitely possible.

Thanks a lot! :)