TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

can someone explain if different color flames are all available to be caught from cave? or these colors change due to some kind of bsa? im confused

2 minutes ago, Cleo said:

can someone explain if different color flames are all available to be caught from cave? or these colors change due to some kind of bsa? im confused

We don't know yet. It clearly is an adult-only change feature, and nobody but TJ has adults yet.

Edited: we don't know it's a CHANGE.

Edited by Fyrebird

The adults are just beautiful - thank you Infinis and Doaherys.

59 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Hatchie description also says it keeps wanting to jump into the fire, so maybe that explains the flames on the s2s.

True! Also thinking it through now, with the flamey hatchies it seems unlikely the adults will be flameless by default. I'd like that though. ^^ Gonna love them either way, just really curious how it will work.

Used the kill action on 4 eggs and got 3 skittish and 1 dead. 

4 minutes ago, deja said:

Used the kill action on 4 eggs and got 3 skittish and 1 dead. 

Those are the best stats I've seen for kill. Of course, people could be successfully killing all over the place and just not saying anything here.

While thee sprites are beautiful & I especially LOVE the "bald" one ❤️ , I'm not a fan of using Earthquake or Kill in order to get the dark variant. I get wanting to encourage people to try to use an underused BSA in the case of EQ, why must we sacrifice our eggs for it? Yes, I know I can trade for it, & I just tried to trade something for it, but I guess they're going for things like CB metals & SAs; stuff that most of us can't get our hands on. It took me what felt like forever to get my 2 pairs of Green Cantos as I like having at least 2 pairs of something on my scroll & I'm not really that picky about messies/inbreds/long lineages. Not collecting it is not an option. Plus the really frustrating thing is I can't breed them myself from ones I traded for as that means using EQ, which I want to use, or kill.  Yes, I do have a couple of Zombies, including 2 hatchies, but I only made them for scroll completion & I accidentally killed a hatchie that was gifted me too. So no kill or EQ for me unless I'm convinced it has a higher success rate for this dragon.

1 minute ago, kiramaru7 said:

I just tried to trade something for it, but I guess they're going for things like CB metals & SAs; stuff that most of us can't get our hands on.

They go for what people are willing to give for them. People can ask for cb metals and such all day long, but are there any takers? I traded one for a volcano NR. To me, a NR is worth another NR. (Plus, the other person had lots of aeons and precogged them all for me, so win-win.)

I don't like to see trade offers of fancy eggs for multiple hatchlings... but if others are willing to pay that price then it's really not my place to say they shouldn't make the deal. For myself, I'd much rather trade egg for egg, even if the other one is younger.

6 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

They go for what people are willing to give for them. People can ask for cb metals and such all day long, but are there any takers? I traded one for a volcano NR. To me, a NR is worth another NR. (Plus, the other person had lots of aeons and precogged them all for me, so win-win.)

I don't like to see trade offers of fancy eggs for multiple hatchlings... but if others are willing to pay that price then it's really not my place to say they shouldn't make the deal. For myself, I'd much rather trade egg for egg, even if the other one is younger.

I get that traders will take the best offer they can get, so if someone does offer a CB Gold, they'll take it. I'm with you on an NR is worth an NR, which is how I got my CB Strat. I'm just frustrated as it took me what felt like forever to get Magenta Florets & Green Cantos & a lot of times I'd offer 3rd gen Prizes, which I can breed as I'm lucky enough to have a couple of 2nd gen Prizes that I was able to trade for & 1 I even found in the AP. :blink: To have to go through that again for scroll completion, makes it not so much fun. *sighs*

(EDIT: I hit post too soon. XD)

I'm not saying you CAN'T trade XYZ in order to get ABC; I'm just venting my frustration over a breeding mechanic that I & others are loathe to use. I used to collect 16 CBs of each release, plus a pair that I bred myself. That ended when we got Pink Sapphires as they don't breed true. And even when someone nicely sent me the link to one of the ones I sent to the AP, it was still scooped up before I could get it. XD

Edited by kiramaru7

1 minute ago, kiramaru7 said:

it took me what felt like forever to get Magenta Florets & Green Cantos

You do realize that both of these are only 3 months old, right? Judging by the hatching sites, magenta florets aren't even rare... they were just the least common of the new type.

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

You do realize that both of these are only 3 months old, right? Judging by the hatching sites, magenta florets aren't even rare... they were just the least common of the new type.

They're only 3 months old? :blink: They feel like they've been around for longer than that. XD

11 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

They're only 3 months old? :blink: They feel like they've been around for longer than that. XD

May release. It just felt like forever because of the frenzy of 15 dragons.

I plan to pick up an entire scroll of Shumoga eggs on the 28th/29th, do my second round of zombie kills on the 31st (not like I'll get any lololol) and then earthquake all the eggs. It's the only optimal way to have earthquake not mess up my zombie plans. Green cantos caught me out last time and earthquake failure moved my kill dates. Not falling for that again!

7 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

May release. It just felt like forever because of the frenzy of 15 dragons.

Oh yeah! XD I'm slowly catching up with my scrolls from it, which is also why felt like they were here a lot longer than they actually are. XD

Amongst the talk of trade value, I'm going to admit that I traded a 2g Prize for a skittish hatchie. I told myself I'd never trade my Prize's offspring for 'valuables', but it was actually a fail-breeding (as in, I was *trying* to breed a kin, not a prize!) so I had it without actually needing it for anything and yeah. Honestly it makes me feel better to simply have one skittish on my scroll, I can try Kill for others in due time but it really frustrates me to not have any of a breed/variant at all, I'm just used to grabbing at least one NR right when they show up. Just having one on my scroll makes me relax and feel better about the long process of getting more. 

I see a few forced/EQed Volcanos (er, Pyropellis) that are around 4d18h or so (poking around the hub and hatcheries), hopefully when they start growing up people can start experimenting! My first one still has another day and a half to go. I think I'm actually most curious about the bald adult, logically I'm thinking breeding with a water-breed or maybe the same breeds as shed-Luminae, but a part of my mind is going "what if the bald one is a loner who doesn't have flames because they don't have contact with flame-breeds, so maybe to get it you have to *not* breed for a long time?" or maybe it has to be bred to a dragon with no fire/flame capabilities at all? My imagination is kinda running wild here, lol.

With some effort, you can still trade 2 CB pink sapphires for 1 CB metal. With the green cantos, you used to be able to do 2 cantos to 1 silver for the first couple of weeks. I suspect skittish shumogas will quite quickly become a lot easier to trade for as they're nowhere near as difficult to catch as cantos. And there is of course the option of EQing/killing them yourself, even if that has it's own problems.

Well, I just tried kill on an egg that was at 4d1h with big hole and it killed it. Not doing that again! :(

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, I just tried kill on an egg that was at 4d1h with big hole and it killed it. Not doing that again! :(

Yeah, I'm not too keen on testing my luck force-killing eggs individually; I feel like getting a group of eggs down to ER level with s5 holes and quaking them would give me better odds of a positive outcome... though it's still nerve-wracking, regardless.

I was wondering about that. Is there any kind of data on the odds of forced hatching success with earthquake vs the kill action? I killed one by accident and it was sad ;; but I still love the new release and all the dragons look beautiful, I'm willing to be patient for them if I need to!

I'm looking for info on what gives you the highest odds of successfully hatching an egg with the kill action. I gather low time and a big hole are good but does incubating help or hurt your odds in any way? Any advice is appreciated!

The skittish Shumogas are just so pretty that I am going to try it with 2 extra eggs I caught. EQ is not an option for me since I have too many z-codes, lineage project dragons, or other important eggs and hatchies I don't want to risk. 

14 minutes ago, Taliax said:

I was wondering about that. Is there any kind of data on the odds of forced hatching success with earthquake vs the kill action? I killed one by accident and it was sad ;; but I still love the new release and all the dragons look beautiful, I'm willing to be patient for them if I need to!

Not that I'm aware of; I have a feeling it's more or less the same odds regardless, but doing it all in a group and having something survive helps me bear the loss(es) a little better. I get my target(s) to the where they have a large hole, wait until they're almost ER or fog them to keep them from hatching if I have higher-time stuff I don't want to risk, take a breath, pick a god, and pray I won't regret my decision as I hit the final confirmation button.

I think most people who have skittish hatchies and might be willing to trade for "reasonable" prices will be trying to get their own scroll goals first, so supply will still be low. It hasn't even been 5 days, after all. Personally I'd trade for 1 skittish:2-3 other release, simply because kill/eq seems to have a success rate of around half or more, and dead eggs take up valuable scroll space for the gamble.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Thinking about it now, as "depressing" as breed only alts. are...I'm kind of torn on if I want to hope for the result of 2g hatchling's flame color is dependent on non-Pyropellis mate or not.

Mostly because I could see lineages being affected if the base parent keeps changing color with every breeding [Yes, Glysteres have the 'redecorate' option and Bolts/Aeons have glowing forms but these are temporary and in the case of the Glystere hard to see]

The new dragons are beautiful. :wub:💖 I can't believe how beautiful they are. Thank you Infinis :wub: and Dohaerys :wub:

Edited by StormBirdRising
spelling

1 hour ago, Myoukin said:

Not that I'm aware of; I have a feeling it's more or less the same odds regardless, but doing it all in a group and having something survive helps me bear the loss(es) a little better. I get my target(s) to the where they have a large hole, wait until they're almost ER or fog them to keep them from hatching if I have higher-time stuff I don't want to risk, take a breath, pick a god, and pray I won't regret my decision as I hit the final confirmation button.

My first kill was a fail but the second one worked!! Definitely felt that praying haha. And thank you for your response!