TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You know, it just seems wrong for a game that has always encouraged us to nurture and care for our babies, that we are now required to risk their death. Just sayin'!

eh, idk, Undead and Neglected Dragons have both been around since, what, '07? 😆

3 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Same with Vampires! And we got a whole slew of new Undead Sprites for each body type and stage. 

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I knew someone would bring that up and you have a point there. Still those are all unbreedables and are not regular cave-released dragons, so they are sort of fringe in my mind.

Edited by purplehaze

Love the new releases!  Glad to hear that the Pyropellis flames are obtained via breeding.  I'm really curious to find out what happens, and the resulting offspring flames, if those previously bred CBs with different flame colors are then bred to each other.  Does one color "take over" another?  Do they both go back to default? Does the offspring get default or one of the parents colors and is that random or based on parent gender (only gets mother's flame color, for example)?  There is going to be lots of experimenting with this dragon over the next few months!

49 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You know, it just seems wrong for a game that has always encouraged us to nurture and care for our babies, that we are now required to risk their death. Just sayin'!

I mean.... no, you're not required to risk anything.  If you don't want to trade and are insistent on having these alts, sure - but no one's forcing you to :P 

23 hours ago, 0x08 said:

I felt like doing some theory-crafting on the Pyropellis' variants and which other dragons may be needed to obtain them.

oh wow, thanks @0x08! please keep this post updated - i put this info on my spreadsheet. :)

While I agree that Neglecteds and Zombies and the very existence of the Kill action means that DC was never a completely cuddly site, I disagree with the "no one is forcing you to collect that breed" argument. This is a collectible game so collecting all the dragons is kinda the point. If you don't want to use Earthquake and don't have shinies to trade for dark Shumogas, the best thing to do is probably to be patient, put it in your wishlist/signature and wait to be gifted one. This breed does not seem to be rare and other players are not bothered by Earthquaking so eventually, there will some dark Shumogas to go around.

16 hours ago, deja said:

Used the kill action on 4 eggs and got 3 skittish and 1 dead. 

update got one more skittish. so 4/5

8 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I disagree with the "no one is forcing you to collect that breed" argument.

My post was specifically referring to using kill/EQ yourself, not getting the breed altogether.  Although, even if DC is a collecting game there are several breeds I haven't and will not bother with simply because I don't like them... so to an extent still no, there are no external factors forcing you to obtain every breed (and no tangible reward for it either) - only personal ones like scroll goals.

Edited by Falorni

2 minutes ago, Falorni said:

My post was specifically referring to using kill/EQ yourself, not getting the breed altogether.  Although, even if DC is a collecting game there are several breeds I haven't and will not bother with simply because I don't like them... so to an extent still no, there are no external factors forcing you to obtain every breed - only personal ones like scroll goals

My gf would disagree the hell out of this statement. Completionist goals don't work like this, it's either all or nothing, pretty AND ugly, cool AND horrible. 

Just now, Meh said:

My gf would disagree the hell out of this statement. Completionist goals don't work like this, it's either all or nothing, pretty AND ugly, cool AND horrible. 

Your GF is free to disagree, nothing wrong with being a completionist (and props to those who have the energy and drive for it)!  The game itself doesn't reward completionism though, that was my whole point.

Ok, I tried another kill on an egg and it's dead too. THIS SUCKS.

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

I mean.... no, you're not required to risk anything.  If you don't want to trade and are insistent on having these alts, sure - but no one's forcing you to :P 

I guess I am also a completionist, although it is getting harder and harder and I have recently considered giving up the game entirely after 12 + years, because it is discouraging to me to have so much trouble getting some of the new breeds. I applaud people who are great cave hunters, but I am not. I find getting even CB Cantors difficult, have not even seen a Gemshard in the cave at the right time to get a new color, and have so many other things that I still have not gotten -- including still needing at least 12 more CBs of the second wave of Xenos to reach my scroll goals (and that doesn't even include the Stats because I have nearly no hope for those). I have gotten most of the ones I have through gifting or trading, but it has been extremely slow going and I keep falling farther behind with each difficult addition. I love these new dragons and really want to collect them. Please don't belittle my feelings about it.

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I guess I am also a completionist, although it is getting harder and harder and I have recently considered giving up the game entirely after 12 + years, because it is discouraging to me to have so much trouble getting some of the new breeds. I applaud people who are great cave hunters, but I am not. I find getting even CB Cantors difficult and have so many other things that I still have not gotten -- including still needing at least 12 more of the second wave of Xenos to reach my scroll goals. I have gotten most of the ones I have through gifting or trading, but it has been extremely slow going and I keep falling farther behind with each difficult addition. I love these new dragons and really want to collect them. Please don't belittle my feelings about it.

Wasn't intending to belittle anyone or imply other playstyles are lesser, sincerely sorry if it came off that way 😧

1 minute ago, Falorni said:

Wasn't intending to belittle anyone or imply other playstyles are lesser, sincerely sorry if it came off that way 😧

Apology accepted. I really know you didn't mean it that way, but I have seen so many posts about how it really isn't that bad, etc. but for some of us it is.

Used Earthquake on four eggs, and hatched one. The others were unaffected.

I hardly ever EQ so I hope it's okay if I ask here - the unaffected eggs, will they hatch skittish (because EQ was used) or plain (because they didn't hatch)?

If it's the latter I'll either try killing them, or toss them to the AP and try to grab fresh ones.

The unaffected eggs won’t hatch skittish. If you have another available Green dragon, you could try a second round of Earthquake.

Tried to kill an egg at 3d 23 hours and it's dead. This is gonna be difficult, I know.

6 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

The unaffected eggs won’t hatch skittish. If you have another available Green dragon, you could try a second round of Earthquake.

Thank you! I didn't realize we could EQ twice. 

Now I've got two skittish and a couple dead eggs which will surely haunt me 👻👻

14 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Used Earthquake on four eggs, and hatched one. The others were unaffected.

I hardly ever EQ so I hope it's okay if I ask here - the unaffected eggs, will they hatch skittish (because EQ was used) or plain (because they didn't hatch)?

If it's the latter I'll either try killing them, or toss them to the AP and try to grab fresh ones.

yeah i hoped unaffected would = skittish, sadly no. they have to force hatch from the action. 😒

these are gonna be a bigger pain in the butt then the EQ cantos.

14 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

yeah i hoped unaffected would = skittish, sadly no. they have to force hatch from the action. 😒

these are gonna be a bigger pain in the butt then the EQ cantos.

At least they're pretty easy to grab from the biomes, for now. 

I can't wait for my other children to grow so I can play with flame colors. 

aw man, I've got three Shumogas that I wanna EQ, but I also have three Silvers that are sick and I can't take out of fog to have someone hold for me while I fire up the egg wiggler 

And the Shumogas are under 4 days so if I take THEM out of fog to kill action them they'll just hatch 😂😭

14 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

aw man, I've got three Shumogas that I wanna EQ, but I also have three Silvers that are sick and I can't take out of fog to have someone hold for me while I fire up the egg wiggler 

And the Shumogas are under 4 days so if I take THEM out of fog to kill action them they'll just hatch 😂😭

You should be good to leave them fogged until the silvers are safely unfoggable again, then be able to quake them from there as long as they haven't timed out; sick eggs usually get better after a maximum of a day/day and a half fogged (from my experience incuhatching prizes that usually get sick partway through the hatching process, it usually takes them a little less than a day to recover). I did this with some cantors a few days ago where they got down to 1d 12 hrs before I was able to safely hatch the valuable eggs I wanted to keep and two out of the three survived the resulting quake.

Also, the egg wiggler comment made me laugh far more than it should have.

1 hour ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Ok, I tried another kill on an egg and it's dead too. THIS SUCKS.

How much time did the egg have left?

In the past, I've had my best luck forcing a hatchling with Kill when the egg was low time (3 says, x hours or lower) with a hole in the middle (not necessarily the large hole)

Same goes with earthquake - my best luck has been on eggs with less than 3 days

That aside, has anyone else done some Pyropellis breeding to see what colors they get? My two mature hatchlings won't be grown for another day...and I need the purple one!

6 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

You should be good to leave them fogged until the silvers are safely unfoggable again, then be able to quake them from there as long as they haven't timed out

yeh, i just wanted to quake 'em this morning, but I forgot to turn off my auto-refresher last night which made everyone sick 😅 The silvers will be able to hatch late tonight, I'll probably just have to wait til then.