TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

2 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

People have traded the aqua nilias with no problem. It's just abandoning that causes them to revert to blue.

Awesome, thank you! :)

Male peach alstro x female gold iris = another peach egg for me.

If it werent for @oilbird I would think this was by scroll like the snow angels.

Updated!  Floret research underway!

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed on Saturday

Pink Alstro Floret (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

(Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro)

(Purple Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Purple Iris)

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Gold Iris)

Pink Iris Floret (Magenta egg)

?

Purple Alstro Floret (Periwinkle egg)

?

Gold Alstro Floret (Brown egg)

?

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000+ user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned);

Can be picked up from AP as blue, will abandon as pink

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns egg OR hatchie back to blue;

Remains green when traded;

Even Nilia (Green) parents must be fertilized, as they do not "breed true"!

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Edited by Kelkelen

38 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

@oilbird and @prllx, please enter the breeding info in the spreadsheet. Please use refer to your scroll's action log to get an exact time of breeding. As @Wurldpeaz said, there may be a time factor. Who knows? I'm anxiously waiting for my next one to mature (any time now) so I can cross it with a female gold iris.

My two peaches gave me a peach, and here we see two peaches giving a bronze, so definitely it is not a straightforward hybrid.

Is it ok for me to enter the information of an egg which is not mine? If that's ok, I'll put it in the spreadsheet, but I still don't know the exact time of the breeding because the egg is not mine. Seems like it was laid between 00:00~02:00 am though...

+Just bred my pair and they gave me a pink alstro too.🤔

Edited by prllx

FYI I bred and abandoned some 2G PB Sapphires which are now at 4d 5h and should be reaching the AP any moment. :D

I bred male peach Floret (new) x female purple Floret (old) and got a brown egg. At 3:45 am cave time.

Scroll-locked atm, will continue my experiments in a few hours.

floret.jpg

Edited by Gealach
Added my info to the spreadsheet.

I've never used earthquake before to hatch my dragons, so to anyone who's used it to get the green Cantormaris dragon, does the egg actually have to hatch during the earthquake for it to change to the green version or does simply using the earthquake BSA work to change it, whether the egg hatches or not? I'm still unsure if it works similar to the other BSA's where the egg doesn't have to hatch in order for the dragon type to have already changed, if that makes sense. Apologies if this question has been asked before and I didn't see it!

new Peach and old Purple gave new Purple:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jAm6O

May 26, 2021, 4:13 am EDT

You guys don't know how to properly write sortable dates so go ahead and add it yourself.

Who invented this month-first-in-a-three-part date nonsense?! It should start with the YEAR!

new Peach and old yellow gave new Brown:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ik9M3

May 26, 2021, 4:47 am EDT

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, Rhikasa said:

I've never used earthquake before to hatch my dragons, so to anyone who's used it to get the green Cantormaris dragon, does the egg actually have to hatch during the earthquake for it to change to the green version or does simply using the earthquake BSA work to change it, whether the egg hatches or not? I'm still unsure if it works similar to the other BSA's where the egg doesn't have to hatch in order for the dragon type to have already changed, if that makes sense. Apologies if this question has been asked before and I didn't see it!

It just has to survive it and be the last BSA used on it

11 minutes ago, Modiano said:

It just has to survive it and be the last BSA used on it

Okay, thanks so much for the clarification! That makes me feel a bit more confident about getting a green Cantormaris eventually, but I'm still a little worried about the chances that my eggs might die when I try for one.

39 minutes ago, Gealach said:

I bred male peach Floret (new) x female purple Floret (old) and got a brown egg. At 3:45 am cave time.

Scroll-locked atm, will continue my experiments in a few hours.

floret.jpg

Okay, so it's not seasonal. I'll be trying as well once my first batch grow up. I'll post my results too.

I bred peach x gold two times and got 1 brown and 1 new purple egg. Maybe random?

Okay, for those of you who are experienced EQers is there any point in incubating an egg? Or are the odds of success based on the real age of the eggs?

8 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

Okay, thanks so much for the clarification! That makes me feel a bit more confident about getting a green Cantormaris eventually, but I'm still a little worried about the chances that my eggs might die when I try for one.

If you are not very particular about where they are from, you can simply lock up with Cantors from the Market and EQ a whole bunch.

Tried 6 Eggs yday, got 5 survivors.

Just now, Wiz said:

Okay, for those of you who are experienced EQers is there any point in incubating an egg? Or are the odds of success based on the real age of the eggs?

I incubated eggs from 5 days to 6 days, from 0 UV to ~300 UV, one died at about 5d18 hours and 34 UV. Rest survived. None hatched (thus none ran off).

Bred my peach with my heartstealing, had a peach egg.

10 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

If you are not very particular about where they are from, you can simply lock up with Cantors from the Market and EQ a whole bunch.

Tried 6 Eggs yday, got 5 survivors.

That's a good idea. I'll have to try that sometime in the future when I'm no longer egg-locked and see when the best time to earthquake is.

Also wanted to mention: I was able to abandon the two CB Sapphires I obtained from the market with 6d 19h left. Not sure when they'll drop in the AP, but they'll be there eventually for anyone looking out for pink Sapphires!

Edited by Rhikasa

Has anyone checked if the peaches can breed the variants with non-Florets?

How do we optain the peach floret with old style?

It's weard that there seem to bee 2 different kind of florets with seperated descriptions. Old florets have description for both old floret types and one type new, shadowed.

4 hours ago, Wurldpeaz said:

Psssst look what I found  breeding an old purple and a new peach

Oops let’s try that again 

MO8tF.gifl

39EECBF7-30E2-4956-BD13-9AF6B4C0ABD4.jpeg

Doesn't appear to be particular to Purple/Pink pairings (say that three times fast) - Gold Iris male (CB) + Pink Alstro female (CB) also produced one of these. ETA: Identical pair spat out a Pink Alstro egg, so, eh, hit or miss.

(Please don't ask me to poke a spreadsheet. My computer, it is old.)

Edited by schmupti

19 minutes ago, Maxii said:

I bred peach x gold two times and got 1 brown and 1 new purple egg. Maybe random?

I also think it could be random, just like how the original florets occasionally produced differently colored eggs.

3 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

The most important thing is, as Number 5 said, "Input."

Well, that's a blast from the past. XD

My florets grow up in a couple hours but I'll be at work and probably will not have the time to breed them until I get home later. I'll add to the spreadsheet when I make my attempts.

The green Nilias don't breed true if they are not fertilized.

(Screenshot was taken before I dumped the egg into the AP.)

pygmy.PNG.995672b045b0cfd1bfe4634472f71460.PNG

-----

13 minutes ago, Berlin-Angel said:

I have seen a new egg in the market 🤗

floret market.JPG

WOW Great!

-----

45 minutes ago, Modiano said:

Has anyone checked if the peaches can breed the variants with non-Florets?

My sister bred her two adults with a Starsinger and an Erador and got peach eggs.

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

I just saw the egg in market, too, I only hope it will stay at that price for a while, I only have 500 shards at the Moment, which I wanted to spend on Gemshards