TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

My plan is the slowest available, internet in my country is one of the worst is in the world, but I caught three Cantos this week and hatched each in a different variant to complete the set with the a CB I got in a trade.

As I only had one eggslot during the flood, I used it with a new 'Floret' and bought another Canto when a slot opened after the flood. I'll probably have all the shards back by tomorrow.

I don't feel like buying anything expensive because I know my luck and I'm sure that the day after I bought something with a year worth of shards, I'd easily get it in the cave.

Does any more experienced player have any idea of about when the price for the New Xenos or recent releases might rise?

Edited by Seejey

14 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Honestly this same topic comes up every NR - heck, these same things were said during the original Cantor release and they still ended up being relatively easy to grab.  I sympathize with not being able to grab things you want (I've been in Gemshardless purgatory with this release lol) but things can and will get back to normal in a few weeks or so. :) 

But see, that's kind of the issue: 'Relatively easy' is very very subjective. It might be fairly easy for *you* to grab Cantors, but others have literally been trying and failing since the release. There are many different factors at play, like reflexes and internet speed and others having to be slower than you and even plain old 'right place right time'.  It's wonderful that you find Cantors easy to grab, but that's not everyone's experience and we need to realize that.

5 hours until the last of my non-Canto new-eggs hatch, and then I'll attempt EQ with my large-holed Cantors.... Meep.

Edited by HeatherMarie

10 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

I see them decently frequently at the 5 minute drops

which means you have a better connection than I do. I get the lagging every 5 minutes.

11 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

You could even trade for a CB,

I said I want CB Mundus/pink which is impossible to get from trading.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

But see, that's kind of the issue: 'Relatively easy' is very very subjective. It might be fairly easy for *you* to grab Cantors, but others have literally been trying and failing since the release. There are many different factors at play, like reflexes and internet speed and others having to be slower than you and even plain old 'right place right time'.  It's wonderful that you find Cantors easy to grab, but that's not everyone's experience and we need to realize that.

This.

i play every day and i have caught a total of 2 cb cantors since the initial flood. :3 so patience in the biomes hasn't helped me out at all there - but i've some decent luck being patient with waiting for reasonable trades. (they had to be tradeable because i needed them for iou's.) so perhaps in a month or so that will be an option again...

since i'm happy enough with market eggs for myself, i bought 2 a couple of days ago. just now, when they were at 5d9h, had stage 2 holes, and were healthy, i tried eq for the first time ever. so now i will have to live with a dead eggshell for two weeks. but i also got a green cantor hatchie! idk what eq success stats are but i feel very lucky with those results.

as delighted as i am, i think it's going to be an absolute nightmare doing green cantor checkerboards, since you not only have to wait to get a cantor from the right pair, you have to wait for it to survive earthquake. :dry: i mean, i'm definitely going to do it (x gaia, x equinox, and/or x gemshard) - but i'm preparing to spend a lot of time in the "current bad luck" thread!

Edited by miaou
(i tyup gud :3)

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

you could trade for a pink hatchling, but i still see your struggle. 

i have good connection and even i'm struggling here, im sure itll die down after the release, but since this happens nearly every time... 

3 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

which means you have a better connection than I do. I get the lagging every 5 minutes.

The second part isn't true. Trade for hatchlings - they don't change.

Re: the first part, even if they were very common, they'd still be flying off the shelves and more difficult to get rn. I don't know what to do for lag, it's frustrating when it happens, but it is a game where inequalities in internet exist. Been a longstanding issue that affects almost every NR for players with less than ideal connections.

Edited by High Lord November

/shrug, I'm generally very bad at catching things and my wifi is pretty hiccupy so I doubt it's some innate godly reflexes - genuinely sorry to hear people are getting unlucky with them though

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Let me know how long it is before your slots are freed up. A friend lost three two days ago and still shows as egg locked.

The egg shells add to the growing dragon counter on the top of your scroll in the /user/scrollname  page, and they remain so until they fade. However, after 24 hours you should be able to pick up new eggs. 

10 hours ago, Gluria said:

Hshshdfshkdfjsd remind me to start spreadsheets so I keep track of what I already have and what I still need :D

That's something your Dragon Encyclopedia can do. Once you can view the dragon's page (usually after unlocking the egg image) at the bottom you'll find statistics of how many of this breed you had as egg, and how many grew up on your scroll. However, this only works for new breeds, as alts and variants simply count as one breed. (And pre-Encyclopedia dragons aren't counted.)

1 hour ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

I'm currently viewbombing my own sapphire to see if I can turn it yellow with 4,200 ov and no uvs. It'll probably die but I just wanna see. 

Has anyone else done this? 

Edir: It stopped gaining views at 1,350. Hmmmm. 

I'm trying that right now - I am up to 1100 ovs and it hasn't turned yet... :(

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly one of the biggest frustrations (imo) is expressing our frustration and overwhelmed-feelings and being shot down, told to be grateful, it's not that bad, it's not 'too much', etc. I see both sides of this, the mechanics are confusing and overwhelming but it's also a really fun addition and will keep users busy for awhile. But when one side is constantly telling the other that they are wrong to feel the way they do, that just adds to the negative feelings. As long as people can remain polite while expressing their frustrations they should be allowed to without being dismissed that way.

*pokes eggs* Come on, come on! .... The longest hour in the world is waiting for 4d 1h to change to 4d, goodness. 

This frustration flows both ways. Say you like something or that you're fine with the new additions, and someone will be along to quote your post to tell you no, you're wrong because it's terrible and they hate it and the game is supposed to allow for multiple types of gameplay but not like this, because they don't like the kind of gameplay the new mechanics require - basically, to use your "I like it!" as (yet another) springboard for a rant on what they don't.

It's not one side being shot down: it's the community's apparent belief that if they don't shoot down any contrary opinion, then they are not being heard, even if theirs is the dominant voice in the conversation - and if they're not being heard, they need to be louder, more negative, more catastrophic in their rhetoric, when with 30+ pages of complaints, clearly nobody is preventing anybody from voicing their frustrations.

Folks looking forward to the mechanics or even just angling for a silver lining are just as frustrated at being buried under NO, YOU'RE WRONG, IT'S TERRIBLE, WHY DON'T YOU FALL IN LINE responses. It's not a side, it's DC itself.

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green)

Breed on Monday?

Gemshard (Red)

Breed on Tuesday?

Gemshard (Blue)

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple)

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua)

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange)

Breed on Saturday

Floret(ish) (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

Floret (Magenta egg)

?

Floret(ish) (Periwinkle egg)

?

Floret(ish) (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned)

Royal Purple (New hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns it back to blue;

Remains green when traded

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper (Shiny variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Edited by Kelkelen

Just to note, the "use trades to get pink sapphires" or "offer rewards" for them probably aren't that simple. 

One, IF they really do turn out to be AP only to get, MANY people, including myself, are going to scramble to grab one from there and, from just reading this thread, most WON'T want to trade or give it up once they grab it.

As I mentioned earlier, if it's AP only, there's going to be a lot hunting for them. It would take many people coordinating breeding (or catching) and abandoning each week to realistically give most people here a high chance to grab one. Not factoring that people can have a max of 8 slots, so potentially (though highly unlikely, a single person can obtain 8 pink sapphires from the AP before they are locked and unable to grab more, "freeing up" pink sapphires for others to claim instead). And if people want CB pink sapphires, that's another difficulty. The AP is about being in the right place at the right time. During the Statrae drop, a few, very few, were in the AP and I was fortunate to snag my only CB stat. The rest I got when they became available in the market that first week. From how the yellow and pink work, they won't be obtainable in the market. 

Two, if someone does post it via trading, I'm going to caution most are going to ask for CB rares (golds, silvers, stats) or low gen SAlts. Sure, we don't know how many will feasibly be able to offer these, but it's worth mentioning since the hype for these is very high right now people may request what they deem valuable. 

Those that ask for less valuable/rare things are possibly going to be harder to find, at least at first, or until the hype dies down? And I'm not sure how many or how often trades like this will pop up. Since people will be solely dependant on the AP to get these. 

Hopefully there will be other ways to get the pinks, since the event isn't over, and nothings been 100% confirmed, I'm going to wait til then before actually getting discouraged. 

Edited by BlitzDrake
A word

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Because people be asking for lists:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

I also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards it looks like we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday and Tuesday Gemshards. for documentation.

Now for responses and yoinking:

No one has mentioned a turning Pink egg, and someone took a screenshot of an egg past the 4000 OV threshold, so it seems unlikely.

I guess that's what I gotta do.

Lol, maybe that would work, but it would also anger a lot of people. lol

Welp, nevermind then. That goes against the 800 UV comment. @Mystic_Halo, Do you mind adding your egg to the Spreadsheet? I can if you are okay with it.

Look at the top of my post. Hope it helps. 

Did you ward it previously? Or click too fast? I haven't heard of them being protected, and someone posted a dead pink egg with a lot of view. Check your Action long to see. 

If you picked it up from the AP, maybe the previous owner warded it?

Thanks!

If you fertilize both parents, it should be laid green. 

Just make sure you have slots. Abandoning it (whether on purpose or not) turns it blue.

Hatchies can turn!

The "Florets" hatch 'chonky' as it were.

We think they are a different species, since they don't appear on the Floret encyclopedia page. 

Thanks!

Edit:

Tell us how it goes! And not that I know of!

Now I got two people where 800 UV didn't work.

Mind adding it to the doc? 

Yeah, it's a bit sick right now, but here's the URL  https://dragcave.net/view/XozsI

and current stats

• Overall views:4,716
  • Unique views:834
  • Clicks:7

I am thinking of trading this one later on, and starting new on another set. 

I thinking of going for a CB Pink & Blue Sapphire, I won't be able to make those.

20 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Thank you for that. It is much more concise than anything I have seen before. I love Shoko's posts and they are very helpful, but they require a lot of reading to find out what you need to know.

26 minutes ago, schmupti said:

This frustration flows both ways.

I'm sure this is true, and I have not intended to rain on anyone's parade! I am truly happy for the people who are loving this whole thing!

It just seems that people are so sure that they have a solution to your problem, or your problem is insignificant.

I have tended to be pretty negative in this thread and I am still feeling overwhelmed by the sheer volume of new things. But just let me say what I DO appreciate about this release.

First of all, the obvious amount of work that went into preparing for it and all the beautiful sprites that have resulted. I can't wait to see adults!!!

Gemshards -- new colors, but most of all being able to get the color you need without having to depend on the gods of RNG!

Not having 15 new dragons that require cave hunting and having to guess which of them you need to catch now because they will be vanishingly rare after the initial release. (7th BD. Coppers. Need I say more?)

The new hybrid -- Royal Blue and Royal Purple are two of my very favorite DC dragons and this one promises to be a beauty!

So, once again, Happy Birthday DC and here's to another 15 years of dragon addiction! Thank you @TJ09 and all the spriters and collaborators.

Edited by purplehaze

24 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

(Aeria Gloris, Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Galvanic Wyvern

Just noting that aerias and galvanics are NOT primary lightning.

Clicked on a pink egg in the AP, Sapphire? OMG!

Er, ah, Pink Dragon. XD

~eggspam removed~

Cotton candy bean for people that want the encyclopedia entry. 

Edited by Kaini

17 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Just noting that aerias and galvanics are NOT primary lightning.

Ooh, sorry, thank you!  I'll fix that.  I was going off of the DC Wiki but I don't usually use it, so I may have misunderstood how the entry was formatted.  eh heh!

Just stunned my electric hatchling ~eggspam removed~

Now I have to decide if I want to keep all of my cerulean Gemshards or change them for the other colors. The new blues are my favorite of the 6 now.

Edited by Kaini

4 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Whats a good way to get unique views? I want to test the 800 Unique views comment.

lots and lots of hatcheries. Its not 800 uv though for sure, i just turned my own at 4051 270 views. (added to the sheet)

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, I've read everything and looked at @Shokomon's wonderful spreadsheet, but I'm paranoid and looking for confirmation: A pink Sapphire picked up from the AP *won't* change to yellow even if it's views/uvs pass that threshold? I've kept my egg fogged down to ER-time because I'm nervous about it getting too many views. Will it be 'set' after it hatches? 

We've only tested a few, but all we did was kill some pinks sapphs in the ap instead of turning them. We'd need more testing on pinks to be actually sure and nobody wants to turn pinks so they're taking good care of them.

4 hours ago, White Fox said:

Im so confused and overwhelmed with all the new stuff. Is there by chance a single posting somewher with all the info everyone has accumulated....? 

here you go :D

19 hours ago, Tini said:

It's been a few pages so I figured I'd go ahead and give a breakdown anyway. Purple text for things that may not be intended/speculation.

Yellow Sapphire: Somewhere around 4 thousand overall views. Unique views have been as low as 300. Hatchies can turn.

Pink Sapph: Abandon action, not auto-abandon. Have not been able to turn yellow on purpose, possibly cannot turn yellow.

Copper: Copper x electric primary element dragons

Hybrid: Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Electric: Stun the hatchie

Gemshards: Day of the week created, market included. Sunday chaos, Monday green, Tuesday red, Wednesday blue, Thursday purple, Friday Cyan, Saturday Oranj.

Green Cantor: Earthquake used last (Just has to survive, not be hatched by the earthquake)

White Cantor: Ward used last.

Nilia: Fertility used on both parents, does not have to be two nilia. Abandoning in anyway resets the color.

Florets: The Peach new pose was from jungle, and no other variants have been created in an intended way. Assumed cross-breed with original floret.

I mostly just hope the sapph hatchies changing and nilia eggs reverting is a bug, but there's no word of god in either direction about it so its hard to know for sure.

So excited to see the new floret and hybrid adults, I dont have the slightest clue what they'll look like.

2 hours ago, CrystalThundercloud said:

Happy birthday DC!

I have a question about sapphires. If an egg and a hatchling both could turn into yellow at some amount of views, how can I get the blue one? Do I have to fog them until they'll be somewhere near 4d or something? Have anyone checked if they won't turn at some amount of days left with 4k views?

atm yes you'll have to babysit them closely. I've watched some turn at just over 4d. 

Edited by Tini

23 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Clicked on a pink egg in the AP, Sapphire? OMG!

Er, ah, Pink Dragon. XD

There are so many kinds of pink eggs XD They look so similar. Have done this several times already

absolutely gorgeous! big thank you to everyone who worked on them, and happy birthday to DC! 🎊🎊🎊

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

New theory -- as the Pink Floret (peach egg) s1 hatchling doesn't look like the Purple or Gold Floret hatchies, maybe it's the "imposter"/"cuckoo"/what-have-you.  And once the Pink (peach egg) ones mature, when THEY breed with the other Florets is when you get the chance at a "chonky" variant: be it chonky Pink (peach egg), chonky Purple (periwinkle egg), or chonky Gold (brown egg).  Or, you could still have the normal Florets: Purple (purple egg), Gold (gold egg), and now a possible Pink (magenta egg).

I don't know!!! 

This may totally be it! :D