TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

To be fair, the "you have to now breed at certain times to get X" has been a thing that's existed for while with Sunrise/Sunset and the Day/Night (now Sun/Moon drakes) Glories. The next most recent is Lunar Heralds, which, I just go by the market to see the color that will be possible, same with Fire gems. 

6 hours ago, Seejey said:

I don't get it and would like to read more about it. Can you link to it?

38 pages... 😅

On 5/21/2021 at 9:33 PM, surelychoo said:

So if this chonky peach is a cuckoo floret, then it could breed with the existing real florets to produce either

1. a cuckoo floret with the same colouring as the parent real floret (purple parent → periwinkle; gold parent → brown), or

2. a real floret with the same colouring as the parent cuckoo floret (peach parent → magenta).

^that's my theory based on @oxoniensis's idea! and I'm pretty sure it's a new breed, because the unique breeds counter went up when people got the peach floret.

The info I have gleamed from the different conversations and questions/ answers and historical info has been absolutely fascinating and I truly appreciate people taking the extra time and effort to provide so much background on sooo many different parts of DC. A wealth of information  from the past and how it affects the future. AWESOME!

27 minutes ago, Pourlemoment said:

I'm not sure it this has been confirmed, but the green Nilia alt hatchling remains green when traded.

Tested this morning with a friend.

So glad to hear that! I was a bit worried about all the trades, thinking recipients were going to be disappointed! 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:08 PM, Shokomon said:

Have a MASSIVE QUOTE of all the sucessful attempts at getting ths variants/alts/hybrids.

Includes commentary on sprite changes, compilation posts of all known obtainable alts, notes from @Pixxelation, and some funny comments I found while searching.

@Marrionetta: I came here to have a good time, but I'm feeling so attacked right now...

Lol

YOU PROVIDE AN IMPORTANT SERVICE. Hahaha thanks pal.

7 hours ago, Lovecats said:

Ayy, I bred this bean! Congrats on the catch and thanks to @luneruze for making it pink. :)

Getting these lonely pinkies is becoming quite the community effort.

Neat, thanks for the baby! :D

Because people be mentioning spreadsheets:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

I also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards.

...Though, with the Gemshards it looks like we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday and Tuesday Gemshards. for documentation.

Now for the stuff to add to the masterlist and or resend to:

7 hours ago, missy_ said:

Shokomon, but see Dinala’s answer above about hatchlings. Not eggs.

But I meant CB, not bred. We cannot auto-abandon a CB; we have to willingly click it in a biome, then purposefully abandon it. Unless I am missing something because brain fog.

If we are overburdened, we cannot pick up a blue CB Sapphire from a biome and then auto-abandon it.

Apologies again! I have fixed my response.

That's what I get for commenting at 3 am.

6 hours ago, Wiz said:

I don't know if anyone has shown a Friday 'caught' Gem hatchie yet? To many pages to read through when I got up this morning!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/WP1O9

Nice! Do you mind if I add it to the spreadsheet? You can too if you have time!

6 hours ago, tjenni said:

You won´t be able to get the Green Nilia eggs through the AP, the autoabandoned ones turn blue again and the willfully abandoned ones, too, so don´t waste your Fertility if you want to abandon the Nilia as a egg, I hope the hatchlings stay green at least (https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZfB37 was green before I abandoned)

edit: but I don´t understand why they revert to normal Nilias, since the action to make them green, was used on their parents, that shouldn´t have any effect on the eggs resulting, I would understand this, if the BSA was used on the egg ...

Me neither.

Can I add this guy to the spreadsheet? You can too if you have time!

6 hours ago, Tini said:

All abandoned nila eggs, autoed or purposefully, revert to blue. I'm really hoping its not intended. Using two fertilities shouldn't get erased on abandon imo. They were still fertile when the egg was made, I don't get why it would revert. Buuut the longer it goes without anyone saying anything makes me nervous.

I know they currently can and are, i've watched it happen, i've helped it happen. I just don't know that its intended. And hope it isn't, cause 4k is pretty low for hatchies, makes blues too hard. But if you raise the view requirement the yellow egg will be a pain. Hopefully something will get tweaked to help protect blues.

Ohhh okay. That I don't know. Who made Sapphires again?

Infi's said on discord that they for one do not intend to do an influence alt. A little too mean for lineages, and I don't think any other artist is itching to do it either.

Thank goodness!

5 hours ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Found an orange/yellow Gemshard hatchie in a hatchery. It was laid on the 16th (Sunday) from Silver and Gemshard parents.

Do you mind if you can add it to the spreasheet? I can if you can't/ 

5 hours ago, Dinala1641882 said:

image.png.a5af729f5780aa58e0c285dc2e10ea40.png

HOW'D YOU GET THESE???!!!

4 hours ago, Lyncerta said:

Turns out using eathquake on 5 freshly bought Cantomaris eggs wasn't that great of an idea 😂

obraz.png.517eb3efe955761d7825463795f4adfc.png

Good thing I left some slots free to reduce casualties in case of bad luck :d

Aw that sucks. Sorry.

4 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

The thing is, we were told specifically (because of a glitch) that the new florets weren't possible yet. We figured that meant the new dragon had to mature to breed it.

And I just had a horrible, horrible thought. Somebody talk me down from the ledge. We've been concentrating on the floret simply because of the shared description. What if this is a hybrid between the old florets and the new royal purple hybrid... for the first double hybrid. 

I'm going to go cry into my omelette now. 

face-screaming-in-fear.png

Nooo that's too much. It's also unfair. It's one thing for the alt "florets" to come from breeding the new "Floret,' but from a hybrid we have no way of knowing about? No. That's a bit much.

It could be a double hybrid from older hybrids though lol.

4 hours ago, Falorni said:

I know everyone is itching to get green Cantors but

PLEASE DO NOT EQ EGGS UNTIL THEYRE AT LEAST 24H OLD AND AT LEAST SLIGHTLY CRACKED

Based on research and trial runs by the unofficial Discord this is pretty much the first point where your eggs actually have a reasonable chance to live and hatch through the earthquake - save yourself the scroll space and heartbreak!!

Yoink.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Maybe if you hatch them and then trade/gift them?

@Shokomon

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210521-173737.thumb.png.0e4706eb35a075d8774e61153149df35.png

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Falorni said:

Ward variant sorts below Iratus, EQ sorts below ward

Hide contents

SmartSelect_20210522-151411_Samsung_Internet.jpg

TY @Shadowdrake for the screencap

Yoinking this too. 

@Marrionetta: lol You're welcome!

Edited by Shokomon

Just saw my first citrine gemshard hatchling (other than TJ's of course). Still haven't managed to spot a purple because I am fail. (They can't all be hidden, surely?)

1 hour ago, Sarcastra said:

This release has 7 NEW mechanics added to the ever growing list. That is my issue, Dragon Cave had this 'open world, play any way you want' feeling. Collect what you like, breed them into checkers, stairs, spirals, rainbow lineages, purebred...there was no wrong way to play. Now, there IS. Get an undesired result by breeding on the wrong day. Get an undesired result by breeding at the wrong time of the day.

There's never been a complete "play any way you want" feeling on DC. The most notable is limits on CB holidays and GoNs, as well as the raffle, which severely limit how much you can play like you want depending on your goals.

I don't understand where people are coming from with "ah good 'ol days when we could play however we wanted without weird mechanics" because it was never true unless you're talking about like, really old days like 2008. But soon after that you start to see different mechanics settle in; 2009 saw the addition of Stripes and thus, the breeding mechanics associated with them. 2009 you also get your first hit of time-based mechanics with Sunsets/rises (so I'd argue the time-based mechanics of the Gemshards isn't even a new concept to begin with). 2010 you get Summon, as well as time-based mechanics with Moonglow/Sunbeam drakes. 2012 is the raffle. And so on. Did people just... expect DC to stop trying out new mechanics, even though it's been doing so since, from what I can tell, the 2008 release of Vampires with Bite?

Edited by KrazyKarp

Wow, so, I'mma state the obvious. This was a huge release. Ngl, I'm quite overwhelmed. xD In a good way, though!!

But yeah, I'm super confused over the mechanics of all the new alts and such haha.

Also, will the Sapphire alts get a tweaked hatchling description since it's related to their color, or is that not usually done? Lol.

I’m sorry to hear some people are frustrated by the new mechanics, but I hope that once the dust settles a bit, you’re still able to enjoy the new sprites. Personally, I’m of the opinion that if we were going to revisit existing concepts, having specific mechanics for obtaining alts is by far preferable to random alts. With mechanics, there’s an element of control once we know how things work, whereas randomness makes it difficult to do any planning, and can mean that once you finally get an egg from a difficult pair, it still may not be what you want or need. The Gemshard mechanic, for example, seems to largely remove the previous chaos, turning toward a system that you can plan for and use with intention. To me at least, that makes the breed more appealing to collect. I know some of these mechanics may frustrate you more than others, and I hear you. I understand not everyone feels the way I do about this expansion and that’s okay, too. However, I hope those who are frustrated can at least see the upsides, and still find some sprites they like and want to collect in this release.

I have these turned yellow!! I'm so happy 😆 Their OV are slightly higher than 4000 when they changed

SfOqgid.png

lGtMD6d.png

kkmBHdJ.png

Whats a good way to get unique views? I want to test the 800 Unique views comment.

Okay, I've read everything and looked at @Shokomon's wonderful spreadsheet, but I'm paranoid and looking for confirmation: A pink Sapphire picked up from the AP *won't* change to yellow even if it's views/uvs pass that threshold? I've kept my egg fogged down to ER-time because I'm nervous about it getting too many views. Will it be 'set' after it hatches? 

2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Whats a good way to get unique views? I want to test the 800 Unique views comment.

I generally go for multiple hatcheries, after a safe period for the egg. But that will up the overall views greatly as well. If you’re trying for a high number of UVs while keeping the OVs reasonably low, it’s tricky, and you might want to move them in and out of hatcheries depending on how they’re doing (if you have the time and patience!)

17 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

I’m sorry to hear some people are frustrated by the new mechanics, but I hope that once the dust settles a bit, you’re still able to enjoy the new sprites. Personally, I’m of the opinion that if we were going to revisit existing concepts, having specific mechanics for obtaining alts is by far preferable to random alts. With mechanics, there’s an element of control once we know how things work, whereas randomness makes it difficult to do any planning, and can mean that once you finally get an egg from a difficult pair, it still may not be what you want or need. The Gemshard mechanic, for example, seems to largely remove the previous chaos, turning toward a system that you can plan for and use with intention. To me at least, that makes the breed more appealing to collect. I know some of these mechanics may frustrate you more than others, and I hear you. I understand not everyone feels the way I do about this expansion and that’s okay, too. However, I hope those who are frustrated can at least see the upsides, and still find some sprites they like and want to collect in this release.

I agree with this!

As Dragon Cave is evolving, more and more features are being integrated. That way our play style is evolving too.

I feel like soon we will be accustomed to these new mechanics. 👍

23 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

I also agree with this. I think the new mechanics still have some unfortunate bumps, mostly in the sapphires, but they're preferable to random. I especially appreciate gemshards new mechanic. 

Does anybody know if the market dragon eggs will work with these mechanics?

like the gemshards? i was gonna buy a bunch to try and hatch the new colors ^^

also has anyone figured out how they work exactly?

1 minute ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

Does anybody know if the market dragon eggs will work with these mechanics?

like the gemshards? i was gonna buy a bunch to try and hatch the new colors ^^

also has anyone figured out how they work exactly?

Gemshards will. There were purple Gemshards made on the 20th from Market in some hatcheries yesterday. For them, it only matters what day they are bred on.

Oh, market.. I forgot about that *makes tons of purchases*

Awesome! thanks ^^ i wonder if theyll work like a rainbow and each day is this specific gemshards day to be so and so well i just bought a ton and i cant wait to see how they all turn out 

oooh rainbow linageees 

yees 

Just adding some positive thoughts on the new release method. I love that it’s taking time to get everything, work out all the mechanics and so on. It makes it a long birthday event, rather than a one day and it’s over kinda thing. I know we are all different, so we’re never going to all enjoy the same things, but the latest tweaks to the site have been just what I wanted.

I love the shades of pink in the new Sapphire, and the Electric dragon has become one of my favourites since the update, so I was very excited to see the variant. The tweaks to the Coppers I feel have made them look more realistic, especially the subtler shades in the Verdigris copper. And the two new Canto colour variants are gorgeous.

19 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Note: the following is sarcasm. I do not actually recommend this method.

Send private messages to 800 people asking them to click on your egg—but only once.

7 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

Awesome! thanks ^^ i wonder if theyll work like a rainbow and each day is this specific gemshards day to be so and so well i just bought a ton and i cant wait to see how they all turn out 

oooh rainbow linageees 

yees 

Yes, it's by day of the week. 

Sunday is the "chaos" day, Monday is Green, Tuesday is red, Wednesday is blue, Thursday is magenta, Friday is cyan/azure, and Saturday is yellow.

Edited by Whirlaway

Oh wow so much new stuff! It's going to take me a while to figure this all out haha