TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 minute ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Just how hard is it to get an alt Nilia? I've bred and bred after using the Purple app and all I get are regular Nilias. Also, the Purples I've used for Fertility are STILL available to use again. What am I doing wrong?

The same thing happened to me! I need help, too!

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

For anyone struggling to unlock the yellow-Sapphire egg in the Encyclopedia, there are quite a few in Allure right now!

Thank you! Finally unlocked the egg.

17 hours ago, whitestar said:

Ditto to all this. I'm loving the new artwork, I understand some people will love the challenge But for myself and what appears to be many other people, I come to DC to have fun, escape and relax. This release is stressful. I will forget what new alts/breeds/ etc are out and how to get them. I like having a complete dragon breed scroll, but it's likely it won't happen with these. It's too complicated and takes the fun away. I'm sure it won't change the way DC is run, however I want to voice my support for those people who feel the same way I and so many others do.

Agreed!

With all the new mechanics  not only is breeding going to be horrendous Im also beginning to believe that any eggs I get will have a high death rate. I dont do lineages so mostly  I grab new releases, gender,  then put them in a click site to hatch.  Now that may kill my eggs! I simply do not have time in my life to repeatedly visit my scroll daily, nor to click back through dozens of pages in the forum. Heck, I do good to check back once a week!  It's all very discouraging.  😥

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Do the Sapphires have to turn yellow as eggs? Or can they still turn once they have hatched? My dragons routinely get that many views before growing up, but do I have to risk making them sick as an egg, or can I just raise them as I normally do?

As of right now, sapphires are turning  as both eggs and hatchlings. This has many people upset that they won't be able to raise a blue to adulthood without it turning. I don't know if they're going to keep the hatchling turn in the face of this dissent, but for now that's the way it is.

Are the Jungle Florets the 'chonky' kind or does Incubate make them that way?

A few 2nd gen PB sapphires sent to the AP for y'all just now! Hope they find a good home! 😊

Also I was thinking, if we are going to post notices for sapphires sent to the AP, would we be able to use DC Community Notice Board? Or would it be a good idea to set up another thread?

Just lost my Cantormaris to EQ. And it was in the more safer range to use EQ too. ^_^

I'm so glad we have an alt that requires you to risk your bloody eggs just to obtain it. Don't even get me started on how to obtain the pink sapphire...

Edited by Lahabrea

3 minutes ago, Lahabrea said:

Just lost my Cantormaris to EQ. And it was in the more safer range to use EQ too. ^_^

I'm so glad we have an alt that requires you to risk your bloody eggs just to obtain it. Don't even get me started on how to obtain the pink sapphire...

I'm sorry about that. I hit my eggs with the cool vibrations and it did absolutely nothing to all of them. I just hope it's enough to turn the canto green and the EQ doesn't have to actually hatch the egg. 

I'm kinda lost, please don't tell me that some eggs require you to use Earthquake to get, I'm gona give up on them instantly lol

28 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Are the Jungle Florets the 'chonky' kind or does Incubate make them that way?

They're just "chonky". Clearly they are not actually florets, as they don't show up on the encyclopedia page for them. We'll have to wait for adults to find out what they are.

1 minute ago, Glaciarie said:

I'm kinda lost, please don't tell me that some eggs require you to use Earthquake to get, I'm gona give up on them instantly lol

I just asked Infinis about this, and she said:

For eq to have any chance of success the eggs have to be at least 24 hours old and cracking. The more cracked the better but if you’re trying for really early hatches you need to be careful because they can die after hatching from sickness. I have better success if I wait until 5 days and 12 hours or less (4 days and 12 hours with incubate). 

for cantors all that has to happen is they have to survive eq, so eggs that don’t die but also don’t hatch will be green if no further bsas (other than influence) are used on it.

2 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

please don't tell me that some eggs require you to use Earthquake to get, I'm gona give up on them instantly lol

The new green cantormaris does, in fact, require Earthquake. Your other option is to trade for a hatchling (once they hatch the color is set, and won't be affected by the trade).

You're probably not going to like the pink sapphires, either.

Just now, Cryinglightning505 said:

I'm sorry about that. I hit my eggs with the cool vibrations and it did absolutely nothing to all of them. I just hope it's enough to turn the canto green and the EQ doesn't have to actually hatch the egg. 

As others have confirmed it is enough that they survive it, I just had that happen to me and it hatched green just fine.

My first experience with EQ was quite lucky it seems. If anyone is interested in the details, I had the following cantos:

• 1 CB at around 5d 15h, big crack but no hole
  • 3 CBs at around 5d 5h, big hole
  • 1 bred at 4d, big hole
  • 1 bred at 6d 22h, almost no views

The CB with 5d 15h was the only one that died somehow. Both bred cantos were unaffected (I fully expected the younger one to die but I guess there is some chance of survival). The other 3 CBs hatched normally. 

Well, I think one CB pair is enough for me, won't be doing that again.

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

The new green cantormaris does, in fact, require Earthquake. Your other option is to trade for a hatchling (once they hatch the color is set, and won't be affected by the trade).

You're probably not going to like the pink sapphires, either.

Is there another way to get the Pink Sapphire besides intentional AP toss?  (Auto abandoned won't work)

35 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Are the Jungle Florets the 'chonky' kind

Yup.

@Shokomon, here's the s2 shot:

Screenshot_20210523-080115.thumb.png.5c9ec58c2d2f3b3532b7429c1d13b14b.png

Edited by Lagie
Adding image

Just now, Mystic_Halo said:

Is there another way to get the Pink Sapphire besides intentional AP toss?  (Auto abandoned won't work)

Not that anyone has yet found.

Just now, Mystic_Halo said:

Not that we know of.

With both the Cantomaris and Pink Sapphires, I think a possible solution would have been to just give an alternate way. Like with Cantomaris, maybe have it also be a possibility for a bitten dragon? Biting already risks death but doesn't impact multiple eggs. For pink sapphires, I've seen some possible ideas throughout the thread that I kind of hope will be an option. 

1 minute ago, kerrikins said:

With both the Cantomaris and Pink Sapphires, I think a possible solution would have been to just give an alternate way.

Technically, there is an alternate way for you as an individual. Instead of using earthquake or catching a pink sapphire in the AP, you wait for somebody else to do it and then trade for the hatchling. It's really no different from those of us not good at catching rares in the cave, to have to trade for CBs.

Sometimes the price is steep—I once committed to providing 200 common hatchlings in return for a neglected—but life is not fair and some people are just going to be better (or luckier) than you sometimes, and you learn to get around it or accept the way things are. (The marketplace is an entirely new thing to me and I'm not even phazed by eggs that cost over a thousand shards, because the shards cost me literally nothing but it gives me a chance for a non-bred rare egg that I otherwise wouldn't have access to

I am quite resigned to trading for a pink sapphire, because I don't expect to be able to catch one in the AP. I'm still going to try, but my expectations are low.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup.

@Shokomon, here's the s2 shot:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210523-080115.thumb.png.5c9ec58c2d2f3b3532b7429c1d13b14b.png

Is it just me or do they look like teenaged mutant ninja turtles? (It looks like they have flippers and a turtle shell.)

Happy birthday DC!

I have a question about sapphires. If an egg and a hatchling both could turn into yellow at some amount of views, how can I get the blue one? Do I have to fog them until they'll be somewhere near 4d or something? Have anyone checked if they won't turn at some amount of days left with 4k views?

I'm currently viewbombing my own sapphire to see if I can turn it yellow with 4,200 ov and no uvs. It'll probably die but I just wanna see. 

Has anyone else done this? 

Edir: It stopped gaining views at 1,350. Hmmmm. 

Edited by Cryinglightning505

Ha! Finally saw my first amethyst gemshard hatchling. Those suckers have been hiding!

3 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

I'm currently viewbombing my own sapphire to see if I can turn it yellow with 4,200 ov and no uvs. It'll probably die but I just wanna see. 

Has anyone else done this? 

Awesome experiment. I haven't heard of anybody else trying this.

Please put your results in the experiment spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TRuLiRT_C-8MBcTx-WjQYVruA8qJNU-D7DehsVY3ct4/edit#gid=1646266563

New theory -- as the Pink Floret (peach egg) s1 hatchling doesn't look like the Purple or Gold Floret hatchies, maybe it's the "imposter"/"cuckoo"/what-have-you.  And once the Pink (peach egg) ones mature, when THEY breed with the other Florets is when you get the chance at a "chonky" variant: be it chonky Pink (peach egg), chonky Purple (periwinkle egg), or chonky Gold (brown egg).  Or, you could still have the normal Florets: Purple (purple egg), Gold (gold egg), and now a possible Pink (magenta egg).

I don't know!!! 

Edited by Kelkelen

2 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Whats a good way to get unique views? I want to test the 800 Unique views comment.

FYI, I can basically rule out that this is the criterion. I've got an egg with 861 unique views (but <4000 overall views), which has not turned yellow.