TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Does anybody else think the new yellow sapphire adults look like they're wearing coveralls and a backpack?

No?

Just me, then.

15th keys sm.png

Edited by Fyrebird
(added picture)

8 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Oh I TOTALLY get you! But just look at my little beauty!https://dragcave.net/lineage/J8xkn

What a beauty! Check with me later, I may have unrelated lines. Mine incuhatched and is fogged, 3eg w/Yulebucks. <3

Now back to try finding the elusive Pink Sapphire!

50 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

Clicked on a pink egg in the AP, Sapphire? OMG!

Er, ah, Pink Dragon. XD

Omg yes! There are too many pink dragons, lol. For a long time I was actually getting the pink Sapphire and the orange/peach Florets mixed up.

14 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Does anybody else think the new yellow sapphire adults look like they're wearing coveralls and a backpack?

No?

Just me, then.

*snort-laughs* oh that's awesome. I've only seen a couple but I'll definitely remember this next time I see one!

Anyone having an issue with their Purples fertility not working?  Whenever I try to click on my Nilias or ANY dragon from the list, it suddenly flicks off 'No matches'.  I dunno what's going on as I've not used EITHER purple yet so they shouldn't be locked O_o;;  Guess I'll work on the other eggs....

33 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

*snort-laughs* oh that's awesome. I've only seen a couple but I'll definitely remember this next time I see one!

Taking the picture out, and moving it to my original message. Just makes more sense there. (Made it smaller, too.)

Edited by Fyrebird
Removed picture.

3 minutes ago, ironmaiden66 said:

Anyone having an issue with their Purples fertility not working?  Whenever I try to click on my Nilias or ANY dragon from the list, it suddenly flicks off 'No matches'.  I dunno what's going on as I've not used EITHER purple yet so they shouldn't be locked O_o;;  Guess I'll work on the other eggs....

I had this issue a while ago, but that was because when I agreed on my device inserting my password for me it also put my username in the filter field and, as there are no Seejey dragons, the list was blank.

~eggspam removed~

I'm willing to sacrafice my pink sapphire to test if it will turn yellow at 4,000 views. I mostly focus on collecting caveborns so the loss wouldn't bother me much. I do hope it stays pink though! 

Edit: might fog if it gets sick since I don't want it to die. 

Edited by Kaini

18 minutes ago, Seejey said:

I had this issue a while ago, but that was because when I agreed on my device inserting my password for me it also put my username in the filter field and, as there are no Seejey dragons, the list was blank.

Well damn, lemme give that a try, thanks!
Edit:  Worked perfectly!

Edited by ironmaiden66

Is anyone else having issues with the images/shadows displaying for the Encyclopedia? I don't mean in regards to unlock them, just the images and such not loading? I'm unsure if it's a DC-lag/bug thing or if it's on my end, but I've gotten this multiple times (first time it fixed itself after awhile of just ignoring the page, right now it's doing it again and no amount of refreshing helps).

image.png.60386ec4764560bfd71ff4cf3f4c629a.png

Because people be asking for lists:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

I also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards it looks like we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday and Tuesday Gemshards. for documentation.

Now for reponses and yoinking:

2 hours ago, ChillCat said:

I got 3 of the new florets, but I've never had florets before so I don't have anything to go off of. What do people mean by 'chonky?'

I bred 2 sapphire eggs and I'm gonna try to turn them yellow, can't see any pink eggs in the AP so I'm gonna wait until this dies down to start looking because I don't want to abandon my own

Got the new nilia egg! It looks p cute but I think all pygmy eggs look cute :P

Gonna wait until I have no eggs before breeding 6 cantors and earthquaking them, and I already have 2 white ones. They look so cute!

Still trying to figure out the Gemshard thing, I don't even have all the original colors yet lol

'Chonky' "Florets" are the ones seen in the OP. The original Florets are gold and purple and look like the following: Wiki link to Floret Wyverns

We suspect the "Florets" are a new species entirely, as they don't show on the Encyclopedia page for the original Florets.

Gemshards colors look to be obtained daily now. Haven't gotten all the proof yet, but it's solid. See below.

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green)

Breed on Monday?

Gemshard (Red)

Breed on Tuesday?

Gemshard (Blue)

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple)

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua)

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange)

Breed on Saturday

Floret(ish) (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

Floret (Magenta egg)

?

Floret(ish) (Periwinkle egg)

?

Floret(ish) (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned)

Royal Purple (New hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns it back to blue;

Remains green when traded

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper (Shiny variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Yoink!

2 hours ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Yeah, it's a bit sick right now, but here's the URL  https://dragcave.net/view/XozsI

and current stats

• Overall views:4,716
  • Unique views:834
  • Clicks:7

I am thinking of trading this one later on, and starting new on another set. 

I thinking of going for a CB Pink & Blue Sapphire, I won't be able to make those.

Thank you! Ill mix up the code to make it less likely to get looked at.

1 hour ago, Tini said:

lots and lots of hatcheries. Its not 800 uv though for sure, i just turned my own at 4051 270 views. (added to the sheet)

Yeah, I got 2 people who reached 800 UV before the 4,000 OV goal and it didn't change. So, yeah. looks like about 4,000 overall views will do it. 

46 minutes ago, ironmaiden66 said:

Not me, but try clearing you cache and history. If the problem persits, reach out to TJ09 via the Help subforum.

26 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

https://dragcave.net/view/7mDYb

I'm willing to sacrafice my pink sapphire to test if it will turn yellow at 4,000 views. I mostly focus on collecting caveborns so the loss wouldn't bother me much. I do hope it stays pink though! 

Thank you! Tell us how it goes!

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is anyone else having issues with the images/shadows displaying for the Encyclopedia? I don't mean in regards to unlock them, just the images and such not loading? I'm unsure if it's a DC-lag/bug thing or if it's on my end, but I've gotten this multiple times (first time it fixed itself after awhile of just ignoring the page, right now it's doing it again and no amount of refreshing helps).

That happened to me. It took a couple of refreshes before it fixed itself.

2 hours ago, High Lord November said:

I don't get how day-based breeding is complicated. If you have a Gemshard lineage in progress, just go check the wiki. You can even just pretend it's still random if you really want to - if you're going to breed on a random day of the week, it's effectively still random chance and you can pretend this never happened. Or just breed on Sunday if you really want to return to random. I don't understand how adding control over an alt mechanic is reducing game enjoyment? Like, you were still forced to play a certain way before (random alt). You couldn't choose to avoid that mechanic, any more than you can choose to avoid this mechanic. Outside of the Sapphires, there is literally nothing new here.

The alt and hybrid release is actually great for such a large release, because we aren't pressured to try and guess which eggs are going to be rare (and we should therefore prioritize in the cave before the flood ends). You have unlimited time to get each of them, you don't have to fight in the cave to grab the eggs, etc. Maybe just sit back a week and wait for the mechanics to be fully characterized if it's stressing you out. There is 0 need to try and collect all the alts and variants in the first three days after release.

I can't be here every day. I can't keep track of which day something HAS to breed. Random color hatches was a known variable, from the start, like getting alts of other breeds. Needing to "go check the Wiki" is part of what I mean about the mechanics getting complicated and too numerous to keep track of without needing to consult a user's manual. The mechanics are not "stressing me out" and they are not going to change in a week. I already fully understand them and I am in zero hurry to get them. I fear that these extra steps and special combinations are taking over the game and becoming something that gets more attention in the planning for releases. There are several dragons I do not breed or collect because of the extra hoops and conditions attached to them (coppers, lunars, celestials, etc) and the list is getting longer and longer. It is my choice to not bother with them, I know others really enjoy these. I am not, and I never have, asked that new mechanics not be added. I am asking for balance in the future, before the mechanics stuff gets way out of hand and there won't be much of anything left for me--and those like me--to do here. This has been building up, over time--the tipping point was this massive release of nearly everything needing some mechanic to achieve. It's moved many of people like me, who had just shrugged in silence before, to finally speak up. Maybe our silence was why this huge mechanic dump came about--the devs did not know there was a sizeable segment of players who do not enjoy some of these special add-ons. So I want our voices to be heard and considered.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

not just you, im having this issue as well. 

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It has happened before, but nothing refreshing wouldn't solve. After you posted this I checked and, no matter how many times I refresh, the images won't load!

Edit:after a dozen tries they slowly began to show up and the page is as always now. Guess it's seeing more traffic these days.

Edited by Seejey

Spoiler

image.png.c587b14da902a87d9f76ba47e43d6335.png

(large-ish image), so spoiler'd

it's good for me now, but who knows how long this will last. 

1 hour ago, ironmaiden66 said:

Yes! Just this!! Me too! What's up with that?

OH HECK, GEMSHARD SPRITE UPDATE---

That'll explain why the encyclopedia was acting funky oml

not a fan of how the males snouts look but probably just a matter of getting used to it, everything else + the females look great!  Also personally love how the old-blue variant was made darker and theyre all overall more vibrant!  Thank you @Odeen for polishing up my noodle bebes, both on mine and some UoD folks' behalf :D 

Edited by Falorni

1 hour ago, Seejey said:

1 hour ago, ironmaiden66 said:

Well damn, lemme give that a try, thanks!
Edit:  Worked perfectly!

18 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Yes! Just this!! Me too! What's up with that?

When you're asked to confirm the action, try inserting your password yourself instead of letting the device do it.

BIG fan of the gemmy update!! idk what it was about the males I didn't like before but they're so smooth and shimmery now 💜

8 minutes ago, Falorni said:

not a fan of how the males snouts look but probably just a matter of getting used to it, everything else + the females look great o3o

Wait what.

*looks at screen shot and compares to sprites save in the spreadsheet* 

Spoiler

image.png vs image.thumb.png.eb519d789b71fb1e82de98dc6353b1ea.png

@lexi_: Thank you for the screenshot.

WOH YOU RIGHT.

Huh.

I don't know how to feel about this.

I really like how the original ones looked...They were some of my favorites.

Hmm...

Not too happy about this.

Maybe it will grow on me...

I'm too lazy to change out the sprites in the spreadsheet right now. Wait... *checks front page*

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210521-173737.png vsimage.thumb.png.d7391ad152cf31a11bae39473b38494b.png

Thank you @Lagie.

Not sure if these guys changed... 

Welp I haven't been here much this weekend, it took me a while to get caught up on the thread and since a lot of people are voicing their opinions, I'll add mine. 

I was overwhelmed by the release at first, I didn't know where to start or what to try for. But now that I've gotten organized I love it. I'm glad to have so many pretty new sprites to collect. I get that some are frustrated by some of the mechanics but at the end of the day this is a game. I'm actually kinda excited to try for the green canto, I've never used EQ before. 

Thank you artists, admins & TJ for all the beautiful sprites! 

i'd noticed it when i checked out my encyclopedia and posted that screenshot as well, i kinda liked the old ones, but i'm not opposed to the new ones. the old ones looked very regal and intelligent, the new ones look a bit... derpy and silly. but theyre still cute! 

i clicked on the dark blue thinking it was one of the new colors i just skipped over, but realized that it was just the old dark blue. and i was like, "am i tripping? this is different... no, its definitely different!"

the antlers on the adults are definitely a lot rounder, which... i'm not sure why that was changed? i kinda liked how sharp the old versions were.

Edited by lexi_

19 minutes ago, Falorni said:

not a fan of how the males snouts look but probably just a matter of getting used to it, everything else + the females look great o3o

Aaahhh was that *just* now? No wonder the site was being weird. I just noticed it and thought it happened earlier. 

38 minutes ago, Sarcastra said:

. I fear that these extra steps and special combinations are taking over the game and becoming something that gets more attention in the planning for releases. 

Yes to all of this post, but especially this part. I *love* Cantors and have been making an army of frozen hatchies. Different-mechanics are fine, and sometimes really fun and welcome. But it does seem like that's becoming more and more abundant, and some users are going to see that as a negative. Recently we've had: Cantors with BSA-based variants, Glysteres with multiple variants done by BSA, Pitfires that have a different form you have to *kill* them for, a little further back but still recent we have Xols with a BSA-dependent variant... And now we have what,*13* new variants all dependent on some sort of special mechanic? I remember back when the only 'special mechanic' we had was breed-only alts. More complicated in-depth variants can be fun, and I'm fully enjoying some of these, but especially so many at once and so many in the past year or two is overwhelming and makes me miss the simpler times.

I prefer the sleeker heads on the old gemshards. The males look like they begun lifting, dem arms! As others have said, the changes might grow on me in time. 

I really like the new bodies/legs, the heads are a little odd though. 

Edited by Cryinglightning505

on the topic of gemshards, im very excited to see how the new guys grow up! im very curious what their tails are going to look like in particular, what with every coloration having a different pattern on their tails. 

1 minute ago, lexi_ said:

on the topic of gemshards, im very excited to see how the new guys grow up! im very curious what their tails are going to look like in particular, what with every coloration having a different pattern on their tails. 

Wait what? *double-checks*  Okay, what the heck, has it always been like that? Have I never noticed that or did I just forget? Different patterns on their tails! That's pretty cool.