TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

5 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Send private messages to 800 people asking them to click on your egg—but only once.

It's better if you're sending them to your 800 DC besties....otherwise you could get...two clicks. 

Just now, Jazeki said:

It's better if you're sending them to your 800 DC besties....otherwise you could get...two clicks. 

but a unique view isn't even a click, is it?  So maybe just pop them in and out of hatcheries, before they can get multiple views from the same players.  I know, I know, this was hypothetical joking anyway about emailing the 800 besties...  but just saying!

12 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

but a unique view isn't even a click, is it?  So maybe just pop them in and out of hatcheries, before they can get multiple views from the same players.  I know, I know, this was hypothetical joking anyway about emailing the 800 besties...  but just saying!

No, lol. They're not the same. But I'd be sharing the link for several clicks if it were me. 

ETA: Yay! My nillia hybrid hatched. 

Edited by Jazeki

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

Oh, I meant an ongoing thread for people to announce when they toss CB Blue Sapphires into the AP. :) They wouldn’t show up for a few days, anyway, but it would give more people the opportunity to nab them, either from the AP or in trade.  :)

I think this is an excellent idea and I hope it happens.  It would help a lot with getting CBs. But building lineages with them is still going to be a nightmare and I'm sure that at least some of us will want to do that. If abandoning is the only way to get the pink ones then it is going to take a tremendous amount of coordination and pure luck to be able to continue or share lineages!

Im so confused and overwhelmed with all the new stuff. Is there by chance a single posting somewher with all the info everyone has accumulated....? 

Can sapphires die of sickness or has TJ protected them for now? My sapphire egg got sick so I went to ward it but it says it's already protected? There is also no "thankfully it has a protective barrier to keep it safe" message after the sickness? 

5 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

Can sapphires die of sickness or has TJ protected them for now? My sapphire egg got sick so I went to ward it but it says it's already protected? There is also no "thankfully it has a protective barrier to keep it safe" message after the sickness? 

That message wears off after six hours, so you wouldn't see it any longer after that time bracket.

41 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

There's never been a complete "play any way you want" feeling on DC. The most notable is limits on CB holidays and GoNs, as well as the raffle, which severely limit how much you can play like you want depending on your goals.

I don't understand where people are coming from with "ah good 'ol days when we could play however we wanted without weird mechanics" because it was never true unless you're talking about like, really old days like 2008. But soon after that you start to see different mechanics settle in; 2009 saw the addition of Stripes and thus, the breeding mechanics associated with them. 2009 you also get your first hit of time-based mechanics with Sunsets/rises (so I'd argue the time-based mechanics of the Gemshards isn't even a new concept to begin with). 2010 you get Summon, as well as time-based mechanics with Moonglow/Sunbeam drakes. 2012 is the raffle. And so on. Did people just... expect DC to stop trying out new mechanics, even though it's been doing so since, from what I can tell, the 2008 release of Vampires with Bite?

Thanks for proving my point that there are more and more mechanics creeping into the game and making it increasingly impossible to choose to avoid them. I choose to not bother with Lunar breeding schedules. I can choose to bite with a vampire. But I cannot choose to breed gemshards outside of the newly enforced mechanic. This change is, basically, a mandatory adjustment to the game for these dragons. Breeding stripes to get a specific color did not introduce a new mechanic: this was just more breeding to get what you wanted, nothing about having to remember the time of day, the day of the week or what BSA is required. I did not expect DC to stop trying out new things, but I hoped the new things were not so involved and complicated, and time consuming. Nor did I expect established dragons to be affected. Make all the new mechanics you want, experiment and expand, great--on newly released species. Then players like me can decide to engage in that new part of the game. I've already said I do not plan on bothering with many of these new mechanics, it is just too much bother for me. I don't begrudge anyone who is playing with the new mechanics, and I am happy they all are enjoying them. I just want the artists and devs to know my position, and hopefully they consider this moving forward. I am not the only one who feels this way, obviously.

So were cantormaris and the others obtainable as cbs meant to be classified as uncommon still or? Unironically seen more xenos and unbreedables and not a single cantor or sapphire after hours of refreshing.

Not only is this a lot to release at once but it's for old breeds, which don't have that "common drops for a while" thing still going for them like it is for blazeback right now. Combine that with how inconsistent the ideal refresh time is when dc lags means it'll take months to get all cbs of the new variants.

Would it be possible to up their drop rates for a few weeks again? Like a new release?

The only mechanic I'm not happy with personally is the pink sapphires. I only collect caveborns and the chances of catching a cb in the AP are already low, let alone one that someone has willingly abandoned. 

I just sent 6 bred sapphire eggs to the AP if anyone wants to mark the time.  At least one is a PB 3rd gen, I think a couple are PB second gens.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Nice! Do you mind if I add it to the spreadsheet? You can too if you have time!

Feel free :D

14 minutes ago, Cryinglightning505 said:

Unfortunately not :( my sapphire died when ward ended and I was asleep so I couldn’t save it 

I have a Sapphire with these stats.  What do I need to do to turn it yellow?  I don't know how to get more clicks.  

• Overall views:3,522
  • Unique views:832
  • Clicks:7

Just now, Mystic_Halo said:

I have a Sapphire with these stats.  What do I need to do to turn it yellow?  I don't know how to get more clicks.  

• Overall views:3,522
  • Unique views:832
  • Clicks:7

Overall views needs to be above 4,000. Use an auto-refresher or something similar to get those OVs up.

3 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Overall views needs to be above 4,000. Use an auto-refresher or something similar to get those OVs up.

The only auto refresher I know of is the ER at Neglected dragons. Could you recommend one, please?

Edited by Mystic_Halo

For anyone struggling to unlock the yellow-Sapphire egg in the Encyclopedia, there are quite a few in Allure right now! I thought that would be the hardest thing to unlock since most people would probably fog theirs as soon as it turned, but I got all I needed for the unlock within about 15 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Mystic_Halo said:

What do I need to do to turn it yellow?  I don't know how to get more clicks.

You don't necessarily need clicks, you need views.

Last night I very temporarily had my eggs in four different hatcheries to get them to hatch. You have to keep an eye on them and pull them out as soon as you achieve your objective so they don't get sick.

I think most people are fogging their yellow sapphires as soon as they turn to prevent/treat sickness, as I'm seeing lots of yellow hatchies that I never saw eggs for.

All this cuckoo talk got afraid of this weird, stunt thing with it's back to me and open mouth as if it was drooling over my other babies...

6 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

You don't necessarily need clicks, you need views.

Last night I very temporarily had my eggs in four different hatcheries to get them to hatch. You have to keep an eye on them and pull them out as soon as you achieve your objective so they don't get sick.

I think most people are fogging their yellow sapphires as soon as they turn to prevent/treat sickness, as I'm seeing lots of yellow hatchies that I never saw eggs for.

Thank you, I had it in 6, and was sick and wasn't turning. 

I used the Auto-refresher suggested by Whirlaway, and it turned yellow at just over 4,000 views!

Just how hard is it to get an alt Nilia? I've bred and bred after using the Purple app and all I get are regular Nilias. Also, the Purples I've used for Fertility are STILL available to use again. What am I doing wrong?

Do the Sapphires have to turn yellow as eggs? Or can they still turn once they have hatched? My dragons routinely get that many views before growing up, but do I have to risk making them sick as an egg, or can I just raise them as I normally do?

1 minute ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Just how hard is it to get an alt Nilia? I've bred and bred after using the Purple app and all I get are regular Nilias. Also, the Purples I've used for Fertility are STILL available to use again. What am I doing wrong?

Are you fertilizing both parents?