TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

36 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

No, it's not. Market bought dragons are generally regarded as inferior to cave caught dragons (if anyone bothers to check their origin). It's about having 133t egg stealing skillz, u no?

This is the first time I've ever even heard that mentioned.  

38 minutes ago, luneruze said:

yeah I don't get the big deal. it's my first time being on this site since 2015, obviously there's a lot to catch up on with new breeds, new mechanics, new site features, the shutting down of hatching sites I used to frequently rely on, etc. took a couple of days to get the hang of things again. yall will be okay.

Honestly one of the biggest frustrations (imo) is expressing our frustration and overwhelmed-feelings and being shot down, told to be grateful, it's not that bad, it's not 'too much', etc. I see both sides of this, the mechanics are confusing and overwhelming but it's also a really fun addition and will keep users busy for awhile. But when one side is constantly telling the other that they are wrong to feel the way they do, that just adds to the negative feelings. As long as people can remain polite while expressing their frustrations they should be allowed to without being dismissed that way.

*pokes eggs* Come on, come on! .... The longest hour in the world is waiting for 4d 1h to change to 4d, goodness. 

My sapphire dragon that turned yellow just grew up and it looks beautiful!! (I was lucky enough to have a sapphire hatchling before the release.) thanks so much to the spriters and everyone else for the hard work!!

https://dragcave.net/view/oTUkn

https://dragcave.net/images/zAiJ.png

I just saw an adult alt-Electric in a hatchery, it's beautiful!! The difference in the lightning-color really stands out. 

edit: And I'm seeing more aqua gemshards, and the biome-floret hatchlings! Eeeeek I love this part of new releases, when lots of people start getting hatchlings!

Edited by HeatherMarie

Just saw some aqua hatchlings from the 21st

Edit: and the new nilia alts

Edit 2: and the new royal purples

Edited by Dinala1641882

2 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

My gemshard hatched as the aqua color. Woo~

Alrighty then, looks like we have the schedule for gemshards. Color is based on the day the egg is grabbed/bred:

Sunday: chaos (random color day)

Monday: green

Tuesday: red

Wednesday: blue

Thursday: purple/amethyst

Friday: aqua/teal/cerulean

Saturday: orange

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly one of the biggest frustrations (imo) is expressing our frustration and overwhelmed-feelings and being shot down, told to be grateful, it's not that bad, it's not 'too much', etc. I see both sides of this, the mechanics are confusing and overwhelming but it's also a really fun addition and will keep users busy for awhile. But when one side is constantly telling the other that they are wrong to feel the way they do, that just adds to the negative feelings. As long as people can remain polite while expressing their frustrations they should be allowed to without being dismissed that way.

*pokes eggs* Come on, come on! .... The longest hour in the world is waiting for 4d 1h to change to 4d, goodness. 

Agreed. Compared to others, DC forums are so nice. We don't need opinion police. We're just giving feedback which is what this thread is for, otherwise it would be closed to comments like the last one about the sprite changes.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

yeahh I should've probably clarified that that was directed more towards the weirdly angry reactions regarding things like the copper sprite changes and things of the like. I have nothing against the tame and valid concerns of those expressing their frustrations while staying civil, and that actually keep in mind the artists that worked hard behind this and did a well-done job. some reactions here and in past threads seem to uh...disregard that lol. 

2 minutes ago, luneruze said:

yeahh I should've probably clarified that that was directed more towards the weirdly angry reactions regarding things like the copper sprite changes and things of the like. I have nothing against the tame and valid concerns of those expressing their frustrations while staying civil, and that actually keep in mind the artists that worked hard behind this and did a well-done job. some reactions here and in past threads seem to uh...disregard that lol. 

Yeah, sometimes emotions can run high, lol. Some of us get really really attached to these little pixels! I've been here a long time and learned to realize when I need to step away and calm down before posting something unnecessarily harsh. Knee-jerk reactions to big changes and new things are often more emotion-driven than anything else.

(Okay seriously hatcheries, my Floret is at 4days now, let me put it in the ER!)

21 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Why make up colors when the professionals already have? According to Crayola.com, the darker one is jazzberry jam and the lighter one is periwinkle. Their lilac is a definite purple whereas the periwinkle still has that hint of blue.

Periwinkle is good, though I like grape and plum for the other two.

15 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This shiny egg smells faintly like flowers.

Yes, and?

4 hours ago, Magellan said:

Edit: Maybe to confirm or debunk, I might need @Spiteful_Crow 's info, from which biome the Celestial was.^^

I don't think I mentioned anything about a Celestial, except when I was breeding to try to get the glitched/unavailable Floret. (Raspberry/grape/whatever.)

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It is really the most soothing shade of blue. I'm not kidding you. I notice those things. It's a sky blue. Very calming. Very tranquil. I think the word for that particular shade is cerulean, actually. Cerulean blue. Cerulean blue. Cerulean makes me think of a breeze. A gentle breeze.

You. I like you.

So I'm guessing that the new copper is super rare? No joy for me so far, though I got two other coppers through breeding. Ngl, kind of frustrating since coppers are already rareish as it is. Hopefully they are not going to be like jesters, which I still have yet to successfully breed! 

Wow this is so neet! 

i have to agree its quite a bit to throw out at once but i like it! tons of new stuff to look forward to for long term projects ❤️

happu birthday dragon cave! im gonna cuddle more of these cute little sprites i cant wait to see the new gemshards fully grown ❤️

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OeR8t

Found a little pink dude in the AP! I don't make many lineages myself, so it's fun to pick up these.

ha, I think I dropped this one in the pile! I found a blue one in AP with the same lineage, it must've gotten auto-abandoned which apparently doesn't get it to turn. abandoned it again and voilaaa. forgot at the time that yellow sapphires also existed lol, but I'm glad the lil pinkie fell into good hands 

I've never warded anything before. Can someone confirm that I can ward a Canto that was incubated, please?

Edited by Seejey

Just now, Seejey said:

I never warded anything before. Can someone confirm that I can ward a Canto that was incubated, please?

Yes, you can. It will override the color change of the incubate and turn it white instead of red.

3 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Yes, you can. It will override the color change of the incubate and turn it white instead of red.

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

You. I like you.

I have no idea why but I cracked up reading this, thinking of you replying back with a cup of tea or coffee. XD

I'm glad on the new time changes for the Gemshards. I love blue but my freaking scroll was skewing red.

With all the mechanics and different variants and such I actually kind of forgot about the royal hybrid for a minute and I was poking around a hatchery and saw a s1 hatchie and it took me a moment to realize what it was. Gosh they are beautiful! Royal Blues were the first breed I ever mass-collected (have over 1k...) and it's so exciting that they got a hybrid!

20 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I have no idea why but I cracked up reading this, thinking of you replying back with a cup of tea or coffee. XD

Glad I could make you laugh. :P 🍵

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

Alrighty then, looks like we have the schedule for gemshards. Color is based on the day the egg is grabbed/bred:

Sunday: chaos (random color day)

Monday: green

Tuesday: red

Wednesday: blue

Thursday: purple/amethyst

Friday: aqua/teal/cerulean

Saturday: orange

Thanks for info:)

3DA6290A-6D30-4E4B-B487-F218AD0F531A.jpeg

7 hours ago, Seejey said:

I agree that it's too stressful to get some of these and I'm with those that didn't join the game for it,  but, as I'm new and still having a hard time trying to get my first of so many including those that many of you got in the original mass drop, but that now could be just a legend, I can't help feeling that it helps to level things and to counter the pay-to-win aspect of the advantage of faster connections.

I relate to this. I completely get the need for the rarity levels, but wow it can be frustrating. Especially since I don't have the fastest internet and 99% of the time when I see something good it is gone immediately. I definitely think there needs to be some way of balancing this, but I'm not sure what it would be. And even just getting gens can be absurdly expensive. I guess as time goes on we'll (hopefully) become one of those people with everything though...

4 hours ago, High Lord November said:

I also find the abandoned sapphire alt funny... I normally dislike AP walls, but this is the only time where AP walls would be good :P

Absolutely agree :D

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

No, it's not. Market bought dragons are generally regarded as inferior to cave caught dragons (if anyone bothers to check their origin). It's about having 133t egg stealing skillz, u no?

I find Market eggs very useful, particularly when doing Copper lineages. Before the Market, it was challenging to get 2G GreenCoppers from Blue Nebulas for this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/q1x2h

But I must say after I noted down which eggs I now have to obtain for my SCroll goal, I felt pretty much overwhelmed too:

WhiteCantormaris 8F+7M; GreenCantormaris 8F+8M; OrangeFloret 3F+2M;
 AubergineFloret 8F+8M; LavenderFloret 8F+8M; BrownFloret 8F+8M;
 NewCopper 8F+8M; RoyalPurple 8F+8M; AltElectric 8F+8M;
 YellowGem 8F+8M; TurquoiseGem 8F+8M; PurpleGem 8F+8M;
 PinkSapphire 8F+8M; YellowSapphire 8F+8M; AltNilia 4F+4M;

dash1.gif

1 minute ago, Astreya said:

Absolutely agree :D

I find Market eggs very useful, particularly when doing Copper lineages. Before the Market, it was challenging to get 2G GreenCoppers from Blue Nebulas for this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/q1x2h

But I must say after I noted down which eggs I now have to obtain for my SCroll goal, I felt pretty much overwhelmed too:

WhiteCantormaris 8F+7M; GreenCantormaris 8F+8M; OrangeFloret 3F+2M;
 AubergineFloret 8F+8M; LavenderFloret 8F+8M; BrownFloret 8F+8M;
 NewCopper 8F+8M; RoyalPurple 8F+8M; AltElectric 8F+8M;
 YellowGem 8F+8M; TurquoiseGem 8F+8M; PurpleGem 8F+8M;
 PinkSapphire 8F+8M; YellowSapphire 8F+8M; AltNilia 4F+4M;

dash1.gif

Tell me about it, my goals were 12 CB pairs of each alt/breed.