TJ09

2021-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

5 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

Can someone please tell me what's the percentage of this spell? I have tried everything and it wont let me cast

Picture in spoiler

Spoiler

image.png.f11b649c297ac5736a32d110004a3b5e.png

I need help with the cracked shield i have one left and i cant figure it out TwT

58 minutes ago, Rypnami said:

I need help with the cracked shield i have one left and i cant figure it out TwT

Well, which ones do you already have? (put them in spoiler tags though, so as not to spoil for others)

*looks at her Stratos x Erador line*

*looks at the adults for this year*

Methinks I have a new Stratos x Valentine's line for next year...though I do also have the Mistras who i was breeding with Stratos...

Breeding plans aside - so nice to see another 'muted' dragon added for the holiday. Can't wait till mine grow up

I gotta say, I do enjoy how many bad ends there are for being a shotgun wizard.

e: Also, i'm very glad that we have more ladies who aren't pink! The balance has been terribly off compared to the male breeds.

Edited by Guillotine

Ah. they are quite lovely. I wish they were a trifle brighter, but the pose, art, and concept are great.

AHAHAAA!! this jester dragon in the sorely they jest story is HILARIOUS!! this is why jesters are one of my faves!!!!!

Oh goodness I'm loving the hyper little Misfit in today's first story! And yay Aidriyan is back! *still hoping mage ends up with her at the end*

Oops, missed the release... At least the game now works (not as neatly as on people's screenshots, the colours' division lines are changing wonkily, but it works!) 🤠

I cant figure out the very first spell and Im over it. I just want the 2021 badge ugh

Edited by Shinigami_Ryuuka

43 minutes ago, Shinigami_Ryuuka said:

I cant figure out the very first spell and Im over it. I just want the 2021 badge ugh

Page twelve or thirteen of this thread has links to all the info under spoiler covers. 

On the minus side, I don't like that the mechanic is so random. Basically you just have to brute force trial and error every possible mana combination to see if any of them are spells and if so, you have to cast them to find out what they do. Since you didn't even know their names till you cast them, for the first customers you were just firing off random spells to see what happened rather than choosing something you thought would actually work with the story. The event would have been a lot better if you could have found recipes like with the holiday cooking, or at least had a spellbook of spell names so you knew what spell you were TRYING to cast and could have made some reasonable guesses as to its ingredients. If I knew one of the spells was "Duplicate," for example, I might have thought to try magi and balance mana to cast it. Just trying magi and balance mana blind, I thought I might be getting a Wisdom spell or something like that-- no way to know till I cast it what it was or what was going to occur. Pure randomness, or "go look at the spoilers page," isn't ideal game design.

On the plus side, the little stories are so well written, and with several clever endings apiece to choose from. Event writers, you have really outdone yourselves!!!

7 hours ago, Shinigami_Ryuuka said:

I can understand your frustration because I think without spoilers I would have gotten nowhere.

The Wiki has all the information (spoilers) that you need under the "currently being released" section.

@tjekan I agree that at least knowing the names of the spells available might have helped with some of them. Some people enjoy the trial and error of discovering things, but I am not one of them. I would undoubtedly given up in disgust if it were not for the people who shared all the spoilers with us.

Now that I have all the spells on my roster, I can enjoy trying to figure out which of them will work in a particular story.

One of my favorite thing about events is how they make me look back at breeds I haven't thought about much. Jesters haven't been on my radar since their release, but the fun one today made me look back at their lore and appreciate them better!

@purplehaze if you select any working combo of elements, the lines in the center give off a glow effect. From there trial and error and carefully checking combos will get you where you need to go. I realize mileage will vary but for me it was fun to experiment since I had that little guidance steering me. :)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@tjekan I agree that at least knowing the names of the spells available might have helped with some of them. Some people enjoy the trial and error of discovering things, but I am not one of them. I would undoubtedly given up in disgust if it were not for the people who shared all the spoilers with us..

I think figuring things out through trial and error can sometimes be enjoyable, but a lot more so if you at least know what you're trying to do. Otherwise a random bot could find all the combinations better than a person.

If I *knew* the mage has a Courage spell, for example, and I wanted to cast it but didn't know the ingredients, at least I would be able to guess relevant ingredients. It would still take a while but I wouldn't mind if I knew what I was supposed to be accomplishing, instead of just throwing random ingredients together with no plan!

Edited by tjekan

We've got Seven Days for this event!

I wonder if we will get more surprise spells.

Edit:

I never anticipate when Teleport is the answer. Almost every time I use the spell, it's as a joke or I don't actually think it will work.

But it DOES.

I guess I'm just not that creative a mage.

I eagerly anticipate the day when Fireball, Turn To Frog, Death, and Freeze are the answers for something.

On a last note, I feel like my preferred spells are Perception, Precognition, and Courage.

One of those are almost always the first spell I cast. 

What are your guys' preferred spells?

Edited by Shokomon

I feel like I always try the 'safer' more simple spells first. I know nothing bad *actually* happens if you use a bad spell, usually you just mention the idea and the dragon rejects it as an option, but I still feel the need to be responsible with my spells for some reason. I don't go for any of the super-serious spells like Death or Resurrection unless I've tried many others and am totally stumped. 

I think I automatically gravitate towards Charm simply because it seems the most obvious one for a Valentine-themed game. I also use Precognition and Conjure Plant a lot. I agree it's interesting some of the times Teleport actually works, it's not what I would think of at all for most of the stories. I think because of that feeling of responsibility I'm less creative with spell ideas than maybe I should be? Like, multiple times we've had spells that work for a story in ways I'd *never* think of.

Spoiler

Like Teleport and Animate for A Lost Gift!

Better late than never.  Thank you to all who contributed to this year's event and dragons.  Having fun and enjoying the holiday, eggs, hatchies and dragons.

Awesome, TJ!