2021-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

6 hours ago, ShamanDeer said:

I found new!!!
For "Seeking Love"

Hide contents

Make Delicious: Balance, Light and Life
Sorry, I'm not sure about percent, but you can try it yourself

I love you so much right now!

thank goodness, I wasn't crazy, there was just a new spell. Looks like time to keep trying combos just in case, then.

4 hours ago, MissK. said:

Fiddlesticks, the Bane of Magic got me temporarily excited for my fireballs.

Reveal hidden contents

You try to hide your disappointment as he walks away. It’s been a while since you’ve had a chance to toss a fireball around.

Guess I am actually the character when it comes to this. Some day....

I know, right? It was at least cathartic to hear the character shares my need to set stuff on fire, though.

I didn't realize how long the event was, though. I have faith stuff will burn before the end! These are dragons, after all! 😂

Little worried about death and resurrect though...

Spoiling for Bane of Magic:

Oh no! "You" give the dragon a blue rose which symbolizes unrequited love 🥴 that Cassare is unfortunately not going to end up with the mint

Lovely adults! Though they look more like a regular release, and I'm a little sad they're not because they're so beautiful I wanna collect em year round. I also enjoyed the event this year, the writing was great.

Dim flames spark up from this egg whenever joy sparks up in you.

The repetition here in the egg description makes me twitch a little, but I guess it's not a huge deal. The adults look good and it's nice to have another purple Valentine.

15 minutes ago, Caspod said:

Little worried about death and resurrect though...

Prepare for Epic Zombie Romance. >;]

Beautiful dragons! Though I agree they look more like a regular release, it seems a lot of people are really enjoying that these dragons are different, and I do like seeing a Valentine's dragon that's more about happiness and good vibes and charm rather than romance/love/match-making? That's a nice change, just to switch it up... For me personally, I might've preferred them to have a different color scheme (white, maybe?) since the current design + color reminds me more of Halloween than Valentine's Day. But that's just me. I'm really glad others are enjoying them! They do have a very interesting design, and with that color of theirs, I'll probably breed them with Witchlights.

Those adults are RIDICULOUSLY beautiful. Definitely going to hoard them next year. I can't wait. Thank you, TJ-and-spriters!

8 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Prepare for Epic Zombie Romance. >;]

Or maybe Epic Resurrected Zombie/Dead-But-Got-Better Pitfire romance! (Or both, both is also good!)

4 minutes ago, infiniteviking said:

Or maybe Epic Resurrected Zombie/Dead-But-Got-Better Pitfire romance!

Even better! :D

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

The adults are really pretty and super interesting! 

Not very Valentine like though. Lol

They are still really nice. 

I ❤️ them.

Honestly, I think they're very Valentine's-y :3 Pink/Red/White aren't the only color scheme that can be used for the holiday, especially since flowers come in all sorts of colors. Plus, the holiday is more about sharing, giving, caring, and the like with friends/loved ones than it is about specific colors. Red's just most associated because of a symbol of romantic love. However, platonic love/affection also exists and fits with the holiday. 

I think the purple is very Valentine's. 💜

These dragons would look lovely with Mistras.

Edited by ValidEmotions

Beautiful adults! :wub: I've started a topic for breeding plans for them - I have a feeling they are going to look awesome in many lineages!

These guys are lovely! The soft flames feel very ethereal and flowery, and I love how slinky they are. They do give me slight Xol-ish vibes... distant cousins, perhaps? :P

Personality wise they sound even worse than Mutamores in a way though, haha. You don't REALLY love me, new Valentine dragon, you just want my joy to fuel your sex life! XDXDXD 

I like that these guys have such a sinister/eerie look but their description is completely adorable. You can't always tell a book by its cover. And hey, being helpful and charming and kind out of alien self-interest is still being helpful and charming and kind. 😉

Oh goodness the adults are awesome!! I love the sprite and I'm so glad it kept it's non-traditional coloring, but it's the description that really excites me. Just in general having a Valentine dragon that is *not* all about matchmaking and love and such, it's wonderful. And I like that we see a lot of their personality in their description, competing for territory by out-charming each other just seems like a very dragon-y thing to do. 

These are one of my favourite-looking Valentine dergs. Thanks for the event, TJ, spriters and writers :)

Edited by obelisk_light

2 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Spoiling for Bane of Magic:

Hide contents

Oh no! "You" give the dragon a blue rose which symbolizes unrequited love 🥴 that Cassare is unfortunately not going to end up with the mint

Actually...

Spoiler

Blue roses don't actually exist, but they're my favorite flower (despite being impossible IRL). Flower meanings have nothing to do with it in this case--it's just a very pretty flower (and Wintergreen was very happy to receive them!) :D

Gorgeous adults! Definitely one of my favourite valentines, very glad that we got something of a different colour without hearts on it. I think they'd look very elegant paired with silver Lunar Heralds.

I like the adults! They remind me of the Pearl Wyrms on Magistream, and back when I played that game, I hoarded those, too. These are lovely, will have to decide which group the hoard will go in.

Loving the stories, too!