TJ09

2021-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

I am loving the story lines in this event. So cute! Thanks to the writer/s who came up with them. I am using every spell on every story just so I can see the "fail stories", too!

Still a day and 14 hours before we see the adults! I wish TJ had a "nurture" BSA to use on his hatchies to make them grow faster! I am impatient!

6 hours ago, JapanRocks said:

I'm always disappointed when I cast the death spell and nothing happens

Same with me and Turn Into Frog

But gosh am i sad about Aria, what did she saw when we casted Prognition?! Having a sore throat and not being able to sing ONCE cant be that terrible right?

...right?

Thank you spriters, writers, and TJ for this lovely event!

I wish there were more spells we could make up. I basically went through and generated every combo I could to find all the current ones. It'd be fun if more spells popped up as the event went on.

Still disappointed in the lack of magic missile. 

On 2/14/2021 at 12:05 AM, jetaime said:

Spells I have so far:

Hide contents

Animate - mountain, orange symbol, hourglass

Banish - wind, dark (purple symbol), orange symbol -- thanks, BlueSkyy!

Charm - light, sprout, orange symbol -- thanks, blackmoonflower!

Conjure Plant - sprout, mountain, water

Courage - light, fire

Darkness - light, dark (purple symbol)

Death - skull

Duplicate - scale, orange symbol

Enlarge - sprout, orange symbol

Fireball - fire, skull

Forget - skull, orange symbol, hourglass

Freeze - snowflake

Growth - sprout, water, hourglass

Heal - light, sprout

Invisibility - light, dark (purple symbol), air

Make Atrocious - sprout, dark (purple symbol)

Perception - scale, hourglass

Precognition - scale, hourglass (adjust the balance)

Repair - water, hourglass

Resurrection - sprout, skull, hourglass

Shrink - sprout, orange symbol (adjust the balance)

Summon Storm - water, lightning

Teleport - orange symbol

Transform - sprout, orange symbol

Turn Into Frog - sprout, water, orange symbol

Zap - lightning

I have tried every spell in this list and every time it doesn't work and I'm told to try again. I don't understand why nothing works for me. :(

25 minutes ago, Bog_Imp said:

I have tried every spell in this list and every time it doesn't work and I'm told to try again. I don't understand why nothing works for me. :(

Do you have the amounts correct? You need to have the right elements, but also the correct amount of each (changing the amounts by dragging the little indicator-things on the casting circle). The indicator-things aren't showing up for some people though. And only a few spells actually do anything in each story.

34 minutes ago, Bog_Imp said:

It's possible you're casting spells that don't result in an "ending" to that story? Only some of the spells apply to each story. :) 

There's a reference sheet here of which spells go with each story: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Day_1

I just read the description for stage two of the new ones. I did not expect that.

It makes me strangely sad every year to see the new users desperately posting all over the Trade Hub trying to get someone to trade them a black sweetling. They don't know the only way to ever get one is to have been in the right place at the right time one day 11 years ago, and there's no way to explain it to them. They're just going to be disappointed and unless they go to the forum, they will never know why. I really dislike random exclusives... 😞

19 minutes ago, tjekan said:

It makes me strangely sad every year to see the new users desperately posting all over the Trade Hub trying to get someone to trade them a black sweetling. They don't know the only way to ever get one is to have been in the right place at the right time one day 11 years ago, and there's no way to explain it to them. They're just going to be disappointed and unless they go to the forum, they will never know why. I really dislike random exclusives... 😞

Or people "selling" Black Sweetlings as Spriter's Alt.
Or new users wanting a female Heartseeker!

Yeah, there are lots of ways for a new user of any game to be confused. "Male-only breed" is pretty clear IMHO, but nor everyone goes to the encyclopedia.

When they eventually realize there are no female heartseekers they will just be facepalming, though. With the sweetlings, they'll eventually figure out that they just aren't ALLOWED to have them--they exist, sure, but can only be bred or kept by older players. That's not an element of group gameplay I ever appreciate.

And scammers who try to trick them into thinking they're buying an alt egg because the father is black are just jerks.

Some people 'sell' black Sweetlings as alts because that's what they legitimately think they are. It's a logical assumption, really, if you just know the base concept of 'holidays have special alts for spriters'. You see a Sweetling that's different from the norm, it must be an alt. It's frustrating to see such confusion and misunderstanding about it. 

Solutions for today's new riddles:

Seeing in Black and White:

Spoiler

Courage (Light + Fire)

Teleport (Magi)

Conjure Plant (Life + Earth + Water)

Precognition (Balance + Time)

Time Waits for Some:

Spoiler

Teleport (Magi)

Invisibility (Light + Dark + Air)

Perception (Balance + Time)

Precognition (Balance + Time)

The Garden:

Spoiler

Conjure Plant (Life + Earth + Water)

Growth (Life + Water + Time)

Perception (Balance + Time)

On 2/14/2021 at 5:34 AM, Anor said:

how do i bypass this message? >< it blocks the drag thingie

sada.PNG

You can still click the drag thing I'm pretty sure, just click where it is and drag and it should work.

@Anor Connected to what Rypnami said, you can't move the top knob, regardless. You can move the other two, and it works, since you only need the proportions right, you don't need the knobs in specific positions. Water, Life and Dark (what's in your screenshot) isn't a combination that has any spells in it though (you can tell by the fact that the squigglies aren't glowing).

6 hours ago, tjekan said:

I was there and MAN that was a lot of drama.  I was there during the release/day, I did not receive alts, as my scroll was not affected by the bug. I'm still kinda salty about it.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

16 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Still a day and 14 hours before we see the adults! I wish TJ had a "nurture" BSA to use on his hatchies to make them grow faster! I am impatient!

Vitamins! "You give your hatchling some vitamins so it will mature faster."

'Delicate fins now flank the fervent flames on its back.'

This is a tongue twister! XD Cute hatchies.

On 2/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, Tinibree said:

Reasonably sure its fire given the egg and hatchie descriptions. 

True, I just didn't read anything by then lol.

Flames are nice too^^

"Some people 'sell' black Sweetlings as alts because that's what they legitimately think they are. It's a logical assumption, really, if you just know the base concept of 'holidays have special alts for spriters'."

I'd like to think it was a misunderstanding, but if it was, then they'd be trying to trade the eggs as saltkin, not as alts. Spriters alts do not breed true--if they thought the black sweetling was a spriter's alt they would still know the egg would not hatch black.

They might simply be confused from having seen actual black sweetling hatchlings in the trading post or hatcheries, though. Honestly it wouldn't occur to me that this dragon was something that was still being produced and can be picked up or traded but only players from 11 years ago would actually be allowed to KEEP-- that's a unique little knife twist on the oldbie exclusivity theme.

Edited by tjekan

1 hour ago, Caspod said:

Crumbs. I really wanted to fireball something.

We have seven days of stories, so four days still to go. I suspect there is something that will require a fireball! XD

Time Waits for Some Spoiler !!

oh to be a little forest wyrm... to pay for services with pebbles and saplings... 🥺 i want the life that he has