TJ09

2021-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

9 minutes ago, ADN6 said:

New releases continue dropping 2 days after holiday breeding ends. So any eggs that were picked up on the 15th or 16th will come after all of the bred eggs from the 14th. 

*facepalm* I really should have been able to figure that out for myself hahaa

Thank you. 🙂

16 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Why does this happen, does anyone know? Do dropped new releases go to the back of the queue or something? Or is there a group who drops them in the last few minutes before the event ends specifically to create this effect...?

People hunting for NR codes/specific dates/specific biomes, etc. will have to drop their existing NR egg/s before picking up new ones.  

Yaaayyy the wall of NRs means we are closing in on the end of the holiday wall! I'll actually be awake this time! (Unless it lasts for hours and hours, and I totally just jixed it didn't I?)

It could last a long time since the 2-egg limit prevents most users from picking them up. We have to wait for users who missed the drop to check in and move them, I think 😄  At least there's the bottom row to keep people busy now!

Really struggling with personal issues and just tinkered with day 1 a little. Do you have to complete everything or is the badge you get just for participating the same?

21 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Really struggling with personal issues and just tinkered with day 1 a little. Do you have to complete everything or is the badge you get just for participating the same?

I believe if you complete the 'tutorial' story (the very first one, A Bouquet of Choices) you get the badge. The badge seems to be the same.

Spoiler for A Fluttering Heart

Spoiler

Y'ALL WHEN I DID PRECOGNITION MY HEART MELTED SO CUTE OMG

I just want to give that dragon the whole entire world I'm so glad she's gonna have a date 😭🥰

47 minutes ago, tjekan said:

It could last a long time since the 2-egg limit prevents most users from picking them up. We have to wait for users who missed the drop to check in and move them, I think 😄  At least there's the bottom row to keep people busy now!

I've been adding some of them to hatcheries which accept single code ERs.

36 minutes ago, Rypnami said:

Spoiler for A Fluttering Heart

Reveal hidden contents

Y'ALL WHEN I DID PRECOGNITION MY HEART MELTED SO CUTE OMG

I just want to give that dragon the whole entire world I'm so glad she's gonna have a date 😭🥰

Spoiler

That was the first spell I did, I *knew* it would turn out like that!! That was awesome.

Now that the full list of stories are released, I can post this! :D  The following are the stories I wrote, with a few notes on each. I'm happy to answer questions as well, and it's been a lot of fun seeing folks enjoy the event over the past week! :D

Spoiler

A Bouquet of Choices - The purpose of this story was to be a short, simple tutorial to help guide players through the spellcasting interface. I chose Equinox as the breed because they're a pretty dragon as well as a recent release. The "fail" option of Make Atrocious was inspired by Rafflesia arnoldii, the largest individual flower in our own world.

Three Heads Are Sometimes Better Than Two - In the interest of having variety among the stories, I chose several two-head and pygmy breeds to work with. Geminae were selected for this one because of their powerful psychic abilities. Also, the spell Make Atrocious is actually useful this time! I enjoyed finding ways to make some of the "negative" spells have uses.

Seeing in Black and White - I wanted to write a story featuring a Nebula because someone close to me loves that breed. While looking through their lore to be sure I did them justice, I rediscovered the information of colorblind Nebula Dragons. From that small note came this story.

Time Waits for Some - Chrono Xenowyrms were my original favorite of the xenowyrms, and Obidar are the favorite of a friend of mine. As a sibling myself, I wanted to focus a little on familial love and concern in this story. The quaking aspen mentioned in one of the "good" endings is in fact one of my favorite trees.

Seeking Love - Representation is important to me for personal reasons, and I also love Neglecteds (over 150 experiments done, to date), so writing this story was very rewarding. It's my favorite of all the ones I wrote. Everyone deserves a chance to find love.

The Bane of Magic - How does a mage help someone who negates magic? That question inspired this story about a Cassare in need of a little help with romance. One of his romantic interests was named for my grandmother who passed away when I was very young, and the blue roses in one of the "good" endings were inspired by my own love for the impossible blue rose (at least magic allows for their existence!)

The Cracked Shield - Anyone who knows me well knows that I adore Guardian Dragons. This story focuses on the protective love a Guardian feels for his charges rather than romantic love, though there's a few hints in a couple of the "good" endings that romance might be in his future. I gave him the name (mentioned in a "good" ending) of my grandfather, who passed away on New Year's Eve 2020 and who always showed so much love and care for everyone he met.

A Lost Gift - Aidriyan and the mage are so much fun to write together, and I had an absolute ball borrowing her character to write this story about a rather energetic little Misfit. (Also, yes, Aidriyan's accusation in one of the "fail" endings is totally true... I really did want chocolate while writing this.)

For the Love of Bubbles - Sapos are the first dragon that really challenged Guardians for my number-one spot (I have a fondness for pretty, shimmering bubbles), so of course I wrote a story about one! It made a lot of sense for her friend to be a Lumina (since they're so picky about cleanliness). I also struggle with sensitivity to soaps (hence soapwort being a solution!)...and I'd love an animated rag that would clean for me, haha. This was a really fun story to write.

Sorely They Jest - I LOVE puns. And since we have Jester Dragons now, I couldn't resist writing this story. There was much laughter involved (and far too many bad puns, but I have no regrets).

A Small Fear - I adore Glowbacks and Magelights. They're so pretty and cute! I wanted to write a story focused on pygmies, so they were a natural choice. I also struggle with tight places, especially underground, so it was easy to channel that fear into the poor little Glowback in need of help.

Shy but Certain - Xols are another favorite of mine, and Pyrovar deserve more love with their bright colors and dynamic pose...not to mention they worked together so perfectly for this story! Her shyness was inspired by my own; talking to new people is so difficult, and there are definitely times where I wish I could be invisible so I don't have to worry about whether I'm fidgeting or making odd facial expressions.

A Fluttering Heart - Unrequited love is something a lot of people have dealt with or are dealing with right now. I've been through situations like that myself in the past, and it hurts. A lot. I chose Black Tea for this story because I love them and because I have 2G one named Drink of Heartbreak, who originally inspired me to write this story.

A Surplus of Suitors - An astute reader might make a connection between this Lumina and the one mentioned in For the Love of Bubbles; they are indeed sisters. When I wrote the latter story, I decided it would be fun to revisit it tangentially in a more romantically-themed story.

Edited by MoonShark

A dark colored VDay, very cool to see. Maybe there's hope for another Halloween that isn't black, orange, or purple this year! The thing about repeating color themes for so long is that not only does it become predictable, but it decreases how stand-out older sprites are. Arsanis are pretty sweet, yet this year I kept forgetting they exist. Even worse when I have Arsani lineages to work on =o

The color and shading on the sprite is well done, but really the whole package looks quite nice. The head/face are profiled and unambiguous... flames are prominent but not distracting, nor are they hidden by the wings or pose like some other sprites... details don't clutter or feel extraneous. If you forced me to nitpick I'd say the thin line at the end of the tail, but that's too pedantic even for me. Looks great, a top VDay sprite, still can't remember any of these new breed names longer than 4 letters. I'll probably end up calling it an Animagus.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yaaayyy the wall of NRs means we are closing in on the end of the holiday wall! I'll actually be awake this time! (Unless it lasts for hours and hours, and I totally just jixed it didn't I?)

Yeah, I jinxed it, lol. Can't stay up too much longer, so here is my normal post asking that someone please post some screenshots when the NR wall breaks. (I save screenshots every year, you have no idea how big my DragonCave folder is!)

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I believe if you complete the 'tutorial' story (the very first one, A Bouquet of Choices) you get the badge. The badge seems to be the same.

Thank you! ❤️ I did the first spell, the flowers and got a badge for it.

Ah man. I was really hoping there'd be a Halloween dragon, like a Marrow or Omen, coming into the mage's shop. I'm honestly kinda bummed there wasn't ☹️

22 hours ago, TJ09 said:

A slight update: The event will temporarily continue to be available after the "official" end via the badge. Just make sure you've completed the tutorial story ("A Bouquet of Choices") and you'll be able to click on the badge on your scroll and complete any stories you've missed for at least the next few weeks.

But the badge I have (the book) will change if I complete the rest of the stories besides tutorial? 

2 hours ago, MoonShark said:

Now that the full list of stories are released, I can post this! :D  The following are the stories I wrote, with a few notes on each. I'm happy to answer questions as well, and it's been a lot of fun seeing folks enjoy the event over the past week! :D

Reveal hidden contents

A Bouquet of Choices - The purpose of this story was to be a short, simple tutorial to help guide players through the spellcasting interface. I chose Equinox as the breed because they're a pretty dragon as well as a recent release. The "fail" option of Make Atrocious was inspired by Rafflesia arnoldii, the largest individual flower in our own world.

Three Heads Are Sometimes Better Than Two - In the interest of having variety among the stories, I chose several two-head and pygmy breeds to work with. Geminae were selected for this one because of their powerful psychic abilities. Also, the spell Make Atrocious is actually useful this time! I enjoyed finding ways to make some of the "negative" spells have uses.

Seeing in Black and White - I wanted to write a story featuring a Nebula because someone close to me loves that breed. While looking through their lore to be sure I did them justice, I rediscovered the information of colorblind Nebula Dragons. From that small note came this story.

Time Waits for Some - Chrono Xenowyrms were my original favorite of the xenowyrms, and Obidar are the favorite of a friend of mine. As a sibling myself, I wanted to focus a little on familial love and concern in this story. The quaking aspen mentioned in one of the "good" endings is in fact one of my favorite trees.

Seeking Love - Representation is important to me for personal reasons, and I also love Neglecteds (over 150 experiments done, to date), so writing this story was very rewarding. It's my favorite of all the ones I wrote. Everyone deserves a chance to find love.

The Bane of Magic - How does a mage help someone who negates magic? That question inspired this story about a Cassare in need of a little help with romance. One of his romantic interests was named for my grandmother who passed away when I was very young, and the blue roses in one of the "good" endings were inspired by my own love for the impossible blue rose (at least magic allows for their existence!)

The Cracked Shield - Anyone who knows me well knows that I adore Guardian Dragons. This story focuses on the protective love a Guardian feels for his charges rather than romantic love, though there's a few hints in a couple of the "good" endings that romance might be in his future. I gave him the name (mentioned in a "good" ending) of my grandfather, who passed away on New Year's Eve 2020 and who always showed so much love and care for everyone he met.

A Lost Gift - Aidriyan and the mage are so much fun to write together, and I had an absolute ball borrowing her character to write this story about a rather energetic little Misfit. (Also, yes, Aidriyan's accusation in one of the "fail" endings is totally true... I really did want chocolate while writing this.)

For the Love of Bubbles - Sapos are the first dragon that really challenged Guardians for my number-one spot (I have a fondness for pretty, shimmering bubbles), so of course I wrote a story about one! It made a lot of sense for her friend to be a Lumina (since they're so picky about cleanliness). I also struggle with sensitivity to soaps (hence soapwort being a solution!)...and I'd love an animated rag that would clean for me, haha. This was a really fun story to write.

Sorely They Jest - I LOVE puns. And since we have Jester Dragons now, I couldn't resist writing this story. There was much laughter involved (and far too many bad puns, but I have no regrets).

A Small Fear - I adore Glowbacks and Magelights. They're so pretty and cute! I wanted to write a story focused on pygmies, so they were a natural choice. I also struggle with tight places, especially underground, so it was easy to channel that fear into the poor little Glowback in need of help.

Shy but Certain - Xols are another favorite of mine, and Pyrovar deserve more love with their bright colors and dynamic pose...not to mention they worked together so perfectly for this story! Her shyness was inspired by my own; talking to new people is so difficult, and there are definitely times where I wish I could be invisible so I don't have to worry about whether I'm fidgeting or making odd facial expressions.

A Fluttering Heart - Unrequited love is something a lot of people have dealt with or are dealing with right now. I've been through situations like that myself in the past, and it hurts. A lot. I chose Black Tea for this story because I love them and because I have 2G one named Drink of Heartbreak, who originally inspired me to write this story.

A Surplus of Suitors - An astute reader might make a connection between this Lumina and the one mentioned in For the Love of Bubbles; they are indeed sisters. When I wrote the latter story, I decided it would be fun to revisit it tangentially in a more romantically-themed story.

The stories are all so good and well-written, MoonShark! Two thumbs up from me.
I hope some of the other authors post something similar on here, since I am curious about the intentions behind a couple of them (Thunderbolts and Lightning and A Sore Spot, in particular...)

Edited by tjekan

22 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

But the badge I have (the book) will change if I complete the rest of the stories besides tutorial? 

Nope, it won't change. There's no way to tell if someone did only one story or all of them!

Also, this year's Valentine's dragon is super sweet, I like it! I'm not huge on building lineages, just collecting a pair of every species is work enough for me, but it would be really fun to see these gals with a Halloween dragon.

Edited by soullessheartofsteel

33 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

Nope, it won't change. There's no way to tell if someone did only one story or all of them!

I see, thanks! I had a very busy week and focused my time online mostly in the AP. 

I still have this day to play some other stories but I need some sleep first xD

3 hours ago, MoonShark said:

Теперь, когда опубликован полный список историй, я могу опубликовать это! : D  Ниже приведены истории, которые я написал, с небольшими примечаниями к каждой. Я также рада ответить на вопросы, и было очень весело наблюдать за тем, как люди наслаждались мероприятием на прошлой неделе!: D

Скрыть содержимое

Букет выбора - цель этой истории заключалась в том, чтобы стать кратким и простым руководством, чтобы помочь игрокам пройти через интерфейс колдовства. Я выбрал Equinox в качестве породы, потому что это красивый дракон, а также недавний выпуск. Вариант «провал» в Make Atrocious был вдохновлен Rafflesia arnoldii, самым большим отдельным цветком в нашем мире.

Три головы иногда лучше, чем две - Чтобы разнообразить истории, я выбрал для работы несколько двуглавых и карликовых пород. Близнецы были выбраны для этого из-за их мощных экстрасенсорных способностей. Кроме того, на этот раз действительно пригодится заклинание Make Atrocious! Мне нравилось находить способы использовать некоторые из «негативных» заклинаний.

Видеть в черно-белом - я хотел написать рассказ о туманности, потому что кто-то из моих близких любит эту породу. Изучая их знания, чтобы убедиться, что я отдавал им должное, я заново открыл информацию о дальтониках Nebula Dragons. Из этой небольшой записки произошла эта история.

Время ждет некоторых - Хроно Ксеновирмы были моим изначальным фаворитом из ксеновирмов, а Обидар - моим любимым другом. Как брат или сестра, я хотел немного сосредоточиться на семейной любви и заботе в этой истории. Трепещущая осина, упомянутая в одной из "хороших" концовок, на самом деле одно из моих любимых деревьев.

В поисках любви - репрезентация важна для меня по личным причинам, и я также люблю «Заброшенные» (на сегодняшний день проведено более 150 экспериментов), поэтому написание этой истории было очень полезным. Это моя любимая из написанных мною. Каждый заслуживает возможности найти любовь.

Bane of Magic - Как маг помогает тому, кто отрицает магию? Этот вопрос вдохновил на создание этой истории о Кассаре, нуждающемся в небольшой помощи с романтикой. Одно из его романтических увлечений было названо в честь моей бабушки, которая скончалась, когда я был очень молод, и синие розы в одной из "хороших" концовок были вдохновлены моей любовью к невозможной голубой розе (по крайней мере, магия позволяет их существованию !)

The Cracked Shield - Любой, кто меня хорошо знает, знает, что я обожаю Guardian Dragons. Эта история фокусируется на защитной любви, которую Страж испытывает к своим подопечным, а не на романтической любви, хотя есть несколько намеков в паре «хороших» концовок, которыми может быть роман в его будущем. Я дал ему имя (упомянутое в «хорошем» финале) моего деда, который скончался в канун Нового 2020 года и всегда проявлял столько любви и заботы ко всем, кого встречал.

Утерянный дар - Айдриян и магу так весело писать вместе, и у меня было абсолютное смелость позаимствовать ее персонаж, чтобы написать эту историю о довольно энергичном маленьком Мисфите. (Кроме того, да, обвинение Айдрияна в одной из "неудачных" концовок полностью верно ... Я действительно хотел шоколад, когда писал это.)

За любовь к пузырям - Сапос - первый дракон, который действительно бросил вызов Стражам на моем месте номер один (я обожаю красивые мерцающие пузыри), поэтому, конечно, я написал историю об одном! Для ее подруги было логичным быть Люминой (поскольку они так требовательны к чистоте). Я также борюсь с чувствительностью к мылу (следовательно, мыльница - решение проблемы!) ... и мне бы хотелось анимированную тряпку, которая могла бы очистить меня, ха-ха. Это было действительно забавно писать.

Sorely They Jest - Я ОБОЖАЮ каламбуры. А поскольку теперь у нас есть Jester Dragons, я не смог удержаться от написания этой истории. Было много смеха (и слишком много плохих слов, но я ни о чем не жалею).

Небольшой страх - я обожаю светлячки и магические огни. Они такие красивые и милые! Я хотел написать рассказ о пигмеях, поэтому они были естественным выбором. Я также борюсь с труднодоступными местами, особенно под землей, поэтому было легко направить этот страх на бедного маленького Светлячка, нуждающегося в помощи.

Застенчивый, но уверенный - Ксолы - еще один мой фаворит, а Пировар заслуживает большей любви своими яркими цветами и динамичной позой ... не говоря уже о том, что они так идеально сработались для этой истории! Ее застенчивость была вдохновлена моей собственной; разговаривать с новыми людьми так сложно, и определенно бывают моменты, когда я хочу быть невидимым, поэтому мне не нужно беспокоиться о том, ерзаю ли я или делаю странные выражения лица.

Трепещущее сердце - безответная любовь - это то, с чем многие люди уже сталкивались или имеют дело прямо сейчас. Я и сам бывал в подобных ситуациях в прошлом, и это больно. Много. Я выбрал Black Tea для этой истории, потому что я люблю их, и потому что у меня есть 2G-напиток под названием Drink of Heartbreak, который изначально вдохновил меня на написание этой истории.

Излишек поклонников - Проницательный читатель мог бы найти связь между этим Lumina и тем, что упоминается в "For the Love of Bubbles"; они действительно сестры. Когда я писал последнюю историю, я решил, что было бы интересно вернуться к ней косвенно в более романтичной истории.

Thank you, that was so... magically!

My guy is more of a psychologist than a real mage. Like 75% of the people who come into his shop he just goes "The answer lies... within your own heart!" and casts Courage on them. XD  Maybe later I'll go back and see what happens if I actually cast proactive spells like Transform and Teleport on all these situations instead...

Surely i'm not the only one who gets the reference to the very last story? XD

Thank you, writers and TJ for such a fun event!

37 minutes ago, tjekan said:

My guy is more of a psychologist than a real mage. Like 75% of the people who come into his shop he just goes "The answer lies... within your own heart!" and casts Courage on them. XD  Maybe later I'll go back and see what happens if I actually cast proactive spells like Transform and Teleport on all these situations instead...

"Conjure Plant" and "Perception" are pretty common too, lol! These things are matters of the heart so it makes sense, really. If these dragons see fit to pay our mage for advice they could get by just asking a friend, I say get that bread. I have no idea how much diamonds and gold are worth in DC but they're looking like they're on their way to a nice, early retirement. I'm quite envious.