TJ09

2021-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

That was a lovely event! I liked that the stories didn't all focus on romance-- as an aromantic asexual, it means a lot to me because it's often a pretty alienating holiday. The fact that our mage is pretty indifferent to romance and is just mildly bemused at everyone coming to them for help on Valentine's is a Very Big Mood. I'm very grateful to everyone who worked on the stories! Thanks for making Valentine's day 2021 feel extra special!

Great event, I really liked the Jester story especially. Kind of wish we had seen more of what happened with Aidriyan though, whether it was about her romantic plotline or just another proper appearance in general other than the brief cameo she had in one story. Also I didn't get to use fireball, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

i was honestly kinda thrown for a loop a bit during braving the storm, when the risensong called our mage "sir"

Spoiler

"This will have to do. Thank you, sir.”

attained through the "growth" spell

just that small thing kinda caught me off guard XD 

58 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

That was a lovely event! I liked that the stories didn't all focus on romance-- as an aromantic asexual, it means a lot to me because it's often a pretty alienating holiday. The fact that our mage is pretty indifferent to romance and is just mildly bemused at everyone coming to them for help on Valentine's is a Very Big Mood. I'm very grateful to everyone who worked on the stories! Thanks for making Valentine's day 2021 feel extra special!

i completely agree with this :) it felt refreshing and inclusive in a time of year that usually feels the opposite ^^; 

I really enjoyed all of these stories! Though that poor Aria did break my heart in one of the endings. 💔

Thank you so much to everyone involved!

Aww...I missed the end of the wall...was hoping to "rescue" some of my own auto-abandoned bred eggs again. Oh well...maybe next year. XP

Beautiful new sprites, it's really nice seeing a slightly darker color scheme for a Valentines dragon! The minigame was really sweet too, I always love seeing the little scenarios worked out for different events. 

Though admittedly, it would've been nice to see some gay couples mixed into the stories. Maybe next year.

And done! 

Here is the complete Valentine's Day: Labor of Love Story!

So, that if you are too lazy or frustrated to do more than the tutorial story, you can just look in the link.

It took a bit, but it's finally done! It includes the Element List and the Spell List as well as a Miscellaneous section for stuff I just wanted to record for posterity. You can leave comments if you have any suggestions!

Thanks again @HeatherMarie for your contribution!

I hope you guys find this helpful! 

The check marks for all found magic solutions are highlighted, but in the first story (and only there) the blue exclamation mark, which indicates that there is still a problem to be solved, has not gone away.  Has anyone managed that?

17 minutes ago, Jovita said:

The check marks for all found magic solutions are highlighted, but in the first story (and only there) the blue exclamation mark, which indicates that there is still a problem to be solved, has not gone away.  Has anyone managed that?

I believe you're talking about the tutorial. That's always on the first story.

2 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Is there a comprehensive list of spells anywhere?

This thread is helpful!

I got distracted with other stuff and didn't do the stories on the last two days, and now they're gone? I wish there was some extra time to do them 

9 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

I got distracted with other stuff and didn't do the stories on the last two days, and now they're gone? I wish there was some extra time to do them 

But there is. TJ highlighted his message about it.

On 2/19/2021 at 3:30 PM, MessengerDragon said:

@Solanatsea I don't know if there is, but here are the solutions, if I remember correctly:

Reveal hidden contents

A lost gift:

• teleport
  • animate
  • precognition

For the love of bubbles:

• animate
  • conjure plant
  • teleport
  • duplicate
  • enlarge

Sorely they jest:

• animate
  • heal
  • duplicate
  • conjure plant

A small fear:

• courage
  • conjure plant
  • forget
  • perception

Shy but certain:

• courage
  • invisibility
  • charm

Sweets for the sweet:

• duplicate
  • teleport
  • make delicious
  • transform

Thank you! ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

You can finish those stories if you click on your Valentine Badge for this year!

On 2/19/2021 at 10:15 AM, TJ09 said:

A slight update: The event will temporarily continue to be available after the "official" end via the badge. Just make sure you've completed the tutorial story ("A Bouquet of Choices") and you'll be able to click on the badge on your scroll and complete any stories you've missed for at least the next few weeks.

Edited by Tigerkralle