TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

WOW those other forms look so cool! Even though I like the adults, their design is just a little too basic for a Halloween release for me, so this is a really nice surprise!

Thank you spriters :D 

If it helps, I just found an egg in the AP that I bred at 1148 am on the 31st. Just to give an idea of how much time we have left :)

Glad I wasn’t the first to attempt killing them! I was still wary even after other people’s success stories. 

Had my first one dodge the knife, but now I have two amazing angry, battle-scarred Pitfires! Love them.

3 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

I like the revived Pitfires but eeh,,,you gotta kill them? Really? :( I tried to kill a dragon to make a zombie like 4 or 5 years ago and felt like scum, really awful

Think of it as helping them evolve into their final form.

Are these dragons truly immortal? AKA if you kill them, they always dodge or transform? They never have a revive button where they can possibly disintegrate?

1 minute ago, Arwen17 said:

Are these dragons truly immortal? AKA if you kill them, they always dodge or transform? They never have a revive button where they can possibly disintegrate?

I just learned that the hatchlings are not immortal. I accidentally killed mine. It had the revive option.

I have no kills available right now because of my Zombie-making efforts.

Well, at least killing a Pitfire for the exalted form doesn't use up kill slots (though 3/4 who I wanted to kill for name thematic reasons dodged >:T).

Also, it makes my choosing Yozi names from Exalted very, very prescient. They even have green flames...

Edited by Guillotine

1 hour ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Think of it as helping them evolve into their final form.

I might try lol

Some might, but typically at this stage they start moving pretty quick (relatively speaking) because they can be picked up, immediately hatched, and released back to the AP or frozen. (I'd be going in hard on the latter, but I'm low on slots...)

103 people in the AP. I went in on the off chance that I might see an odd Pitfire to grab, but not seen any leftovers and even if I had, no chance with that many there! (I do have my 8 ) Wow, Halloween next year is going to be even crazier than normal!

Edited by quinney

11 hours ago, Aqub said:

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet so:

Killing an adult Pitfire results in an exalted form with a new, totally awesome sprite. They can still dodge, but if they die they revive into the second form. 

Hide contents

image.png.77baca3816e1dd78560a8fabab6d53f3.png

But...

But, but, but...

I don't want to kill my dragons!

I guess I will never have these guys. Just like I will never have zombies...

:(

:'(

At least I get to see them...

If we need to kill the Pitfires to get the second form, what are the chances that they might turn into zombies instead? Is getting the second form higher than turning into a zombie? 🤔

They're at 1 day and 20 some hours, so im gonna grind for frozen hatchlings for a bit. Remember everyone do your part!

Just now, Solaries said:

If we need to kill the Pitfires to get the second form, what are the chances that they might turn into zombies instead? Is getting the second form higher than turning into a zombie? 🤔

From what I've seen, Pitfires change form automatically as soon as you successfully kill them. You don't use the "revive" action so there's no chance of getting a zombie. So far also haven't seen anyone say an adult failed to transform, only hatchlings have stayed dead.

@Stromboli - That is very good to know! Thank you!

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried killing the second form? Will that have an option to ‘revive’ and have a chance to turn into a zombie? 😅

21 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

But...

But, but, but...

I don't want to kill my dragons!

Don't think of it as really killing them - think of it as helping them reach their final form [imagine the old concept of Vikings wanting to die in battle...you're fulfilling the dragon's desire by fighting them in battle (and winning)]

At least that's how I'm looking at this. Scandinavia and the World actually has a funny comic about my example if you want a laugh

5 minutes ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

Can the revived forms still breed? Anyone tried? 🤔

Yes, they can!

5 minutes ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

Can the revived forms still breed? Anyone tried? 🤔

Yes they can breed normally.

53 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried killing the second form? Will that have an option to ‘revive’ and have a chance to turn into a zombie? 😅

Not going to attempt it, but the option to kill is there at least.