TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Okay, so the lowest egg is at 1 days and 22 hours, which means they were born 5 days and 2 hours ago. 

That means these guys were born on Oct 31 at around 12-1PM ish.

So the wall is getting close to finishing! ...Probably, 

*checks math with egg dates this time*

Sorry if it's been asked before, but if the dragon dodges, does the try again in 24 hours rule apply, or is that dragon never going to transform?

Hmm, interesting mechanic! Is killing the adults guaranteed to bring about the alt form if the dragon dies, or is there also a chance that the dragon just stays dead?

Edit: Thanks, Paintra!

Edited by pinkgothic

Just now, pinkgothic said:

Hmm, interesting mechanic! Is killing the adults guaranteed to bring about the alt form if the dragon dies, or is there also a chance that the dragon just stays dead?

It seems to be guaranteed- if you get a kill, it autorevives!

1 hour ago, Ripan said:

Sorry if it's been asked before, but if the dragon dodges, does the try again in 24 hours rule apply, or is that dragon never going to transform?

I think it's too early to tell if I remember when the reveal was, but if it runs off normal kill rules (which it otherwise seems to) you should be able to try again after a full day.

e; (also i certainly hope that's the case or i'll need to trade this nerd's name with another dragon...)

Edited by Guillotine

14 hours ago, Aqub said:

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet so:

Killing an adult Pitfire results in an exalted form with a new, totally awesome sprite. They can still dodge, but if they die they revive into the second form. 

Hide contents

image.png.77baca3816e1dd78560a8fabab6d53f3.png

Whoa! So this is why @schenanigans said "they would fight some more" after being defeated!

Amazing!

Edit: I hope the wall lasts for another 7 hours, I have space but I caught back some of my babies bred on the 31st. If I don't step aside from some time, I won't have the heart to toss them back to the AP again TT_TT

Edited by Kegluneq

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

But...

But, but, but...

I don't want to kill my dragons!

I guess I will never have these guys. Just like I will never have zombies...

:(

:'(

At least I get to see them...

Just view the kill as their BSA, that's pretty much how it's operating. If it helps any. <3

2 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Just view the kill as their BSA, that's pretty much how it's operating. If it helps any. ❤️

Would it be a 50-50 situation if I take action? I mean, either stay the same or they "mutate"?

38 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

Would it be a 50-50 situation if I take action? I mean, either stay the same or they "mutate"?

The odds of changing are whatever the base dodge chance is, which afaik only TJ knows. e: You can't "Fail" into a dead dragon basically, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Guillotine

Ooohhhhhh!!!! .... Well crap, now I have to decide whether to turn one or two of my 5, or wait and turn bred ones next year.... Hmm. This is so cool!! I'm really glad it seems to be a guaranteed action, it'd be horrible to have tons of dead adult Pitfires!

Regretting not getting extras, I stopped hunting after getting 5 to let others get them. XD  Oh well, there's always next year. 

14 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

The odds of changing are whatever the base dodge chance is, which afaik only TJ knows. e: You can't "Fail" into a dead dragon basically, as far as I can tell.

Looks like it. Maybe I'll give it a try later if I get enough courage.

45 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

Regretting not getting extras, I stopped hunting after getting 5 to let others get them. XD  Oh well, there's always next year. 

Just wait for the impending AP eggs - I've already seen about 10 of them scattered within

A guaranteed revive with an extra form? Well, that's completely unexpected and really awesome for a Halloween dragon. I guess I'll have to kill my extra pair of Pitfires :D  

Edited by obelisk_light

The AP is nearing the end! .... Well, kinda? The auto-abandoned egg I bred at 7:13pm on the 31st has been picked up, so we are in the last handful of hours of breeding. I'll make my normal request, whoever happens to be around when the wall breaks and the hatchie wall happens and all that, screenshots would be appreciated! (The last few times I've said that the wall was still going the next morning though, lol...)

So in lore, does every Pitfire revive upon death or is only the ones that die fighting the strongest of foes? Like if one of them got killed by a lucky blow from a weak opponent would their magic let them become an exalted?

So we for sure won't loose them when we kill the Pitfires? They either dodge or get their exalted form instantly? Or do we actually have to use the revive function to get that? And can they still breed then?

Nobody has reported a kill instead of a Reborn. It's been long enough that I'd think we'd have had a death if it could happen.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The AP is nearing the end! .... Well, kinda? The auto-abandoned egg I bred at 7:13pm on the 31st has been picked up, so we are in the last handful of hours of breeding. I'll make my normal request, whoever happens to be around when the wall breaks and the hatchie wall happens and all that, screenshots would be appreciated! (The last few times I've said that the wall was still going the next morning though, lol...)

We've been 5hrs away for like 4 hours lol. Tomorrow though probably.

While the idea of a second form is neat, I doubt I’m going to use these guys for lineages much if anyone can suddenly change their form at a whim and totally alter years of work. It’s Aegis 2.0 all over again.

I do like the idea that other dragons are super impressed by our exalteds “for falling in glorious battle” while really their very embarrassing secret is they got shanked with a butter knife by their owner while watching TV or something, lol.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

45 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

While the idea of a second form is neat, I doubt I’m going to use these guys for lineages much if anyone can suddenly change their form at a whim and totally alter years of work. It’s Aegis 2.0 all over again.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn them back though (as far as I know), so at the very least lineages with the exalted forms should be safe.

Halloween's over now, apart from the last few eggs in the AP, so I take it we can kill for the second form all year?

Hope so - I used all my kill slots, so....

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hope so - I used all my kill slots, so....

Yep, me too.  I do love the second form, though.