TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I'm starting to see Pitfire eggs in the AP!! Only a couple so far, probably the very first ones abandonable.

Oh wow. Out of the 7 new dragons I hatched, I male-influenced one because of his code. 5 out of the remaining 6 are female XD and the only one that's male by his own choice has been traded so I didn't catch him myself. 

Well, whatever is coming it isn't a BSA from Pitfires because four of mine have grown up and I see no BSA.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

14 hours ago, TailedThief said:

I noticed in the Valkamarean Tales this year that Avery was wearing a different outfit. In Nulhora's story -Festive Expeditions- he was wearing "Blusang robes" and was temporarily at one point shown "as a Water Mage", as stated in the Wiki. But in this game he wore something resembling a fire-themed outfit. Does it have any lore significance? Or was it just an artistic liberty, for it to go more with the theme of the temple he accompanied Sanda to, which was all Desipis-themed, hence the dark browns/blacks and orange. (He looked great in them, and I loved his sword.)

If it does have a lore significance, does that mean 1) mages such as himself can change the type of magic they can cast based on the different robes they wear, 2) can cast any magic at any time but the outfits just make magic it's tied to - stronger, 3) that he has several different weapons, which also probably enhance certain spells/skills/magical abilities depending on what he carries atm, all Rpg-style?

Btw, to those who missed out on the new release eggs, I set up a few free trades on-site on the Trading center, you can grab them for free there, one hatchie per person, good luck!
(All gone!)

My personal head-cannon is similar to yours. I think they infuse mana into their robe, all the elements become easier to cast if you use the corresponding mana type (yup, Skyrim logic!). You can't just shove every element into one set of robes (for the same reason dragons can't have every element) so you've either got to specialize or spend a ton of money to have robes made for all the different elements you wanna use. Being a multi-element mage is expensive, man...

...Or maybe Avery is actually the ever rare "normal human being that actually owns and wears more than one set of clothes" and the robes don't matter that much. But honestly, that sounds way too out there to actually be true.

Edited by blockEdragon

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet so:

Killing an adult Pitfire results in an exalted form with a new, totally awesome sprite. They can still dodge, but if they die they revive into the second form. 

Spoiler

image.png.77baca3816e1dd78560a8fabab6d53f3.png

Oh my god. Really? Can they breed after reviving?

Well at least you can breed them before and if it's guaranteed to "turn" - that makes nice lineages.

Edited by Sashimi

23 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Killing an adult Pitfire results in an exalted form with a new, totally awesome sprite. They can still dodge, but if they die they revive into the second form. 

Hide contents

That is so cool.

Are they guaranteed to revive? Can they still breed if you kill them or are they undead? I don't wanna loose my Pitfires to the zombie-attempt black hole without knowing the risks.

Edited by blockEdragon

I think the second form can still breed since I've seen other peoples' have eggs. My only grown Pitfire dodged so I don't have my own to test with yet, though.

As far as I've seen it's 100% guaranteed that they revive. You get the normal kill message paragraph, then a second that says something like "...then it comes back to life, angrier than ever."

Edited by Aqub

Huh, that is interesting, I can't try to kill my pitfires yet because I use up all my kill slots on zombie attempts lol

On 11/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, Tinibree said:

The spriters never know what egg is being released, they find out if its theirs when they start dropping.

Yeah, try the ap in like 3 days though! 

whats ap? 

The abandoned page.

Near the entrance to the cave, there are some abandoned eggs. If you don’t want the dragons inside to die, you can take one of those instead.

that what the link you need to click on the front page to go to the page if you didn't know that already.

28 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Hide contents

Ohhh so this is what we saw in their reflection in the art schenanigans posted. I was wondering why they seemed to reflect an alternate version.

While this is super cool I'm now somewhat feeling conflicted... I have 7 extra Pitfire Eggs that I was planing to hold on to until the Egg Wall would be gone to give to players that don't have any... Now I'll have to keep at least 2 or 5 even in case the hatchies turn as well... Has anyone tried it on hatchies?

12 minutes ago, Mukouno said:

While this is super cool I'm now somewhat feeling conflicted... I have 7 extra Pitfire Eggs that I was planing to hold on to until the Egg Wall would be gone to give to players that don't have any... Now I'll have to keep at least 2 or 5 even in case the hatchies turn as well... Has anyone tried it on hatchies?

Someone kindly killed a hatchie, it just died. And also the normal revive failed. We will remember the sacrifice.

43 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Are they guaranteed to revive? Can they still breed if you kill them or are they undead? I don't wanna loose my Pitfires to the zombie-attempt black hole without knowing the risks.

Nobody's reported an actual adult death in the unoffical discord, it seems fairly guaranteed. Yes you can still breed them, all the options of a normal dragon remain, even kill. Nobody's been brave enough to try to kill again though lol.

17 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Ohhh so this is what we saw in their reflection in the art schenanigans posted. I was wondering why they seemed to reflect an alternate version.

Yeah! They also have the ripped wings, I was so excited to see that.

Edited by Tinibree

My scroll goals include 10 cb dragons (5 males, 5 females) of each sprite. This is true for holiday dragons aswell. This means I have to collect a bounch more new pitfire next year, and so will a lot of people who want to keep both forms as adults CB. I highly hope they won't be as hard to find as CB Koharki in 2020!!!

In order to obtain this exalted form do they need to be successfully revived or killing them automatically grants the new sprite? Can they still become zombie or disintegrate? When are the chances of reviving them higher ? Questions, questions.

This new mechanic may produce a lot of work but I personally enjoy it, it's original and cool

1 hour ago, Mukouno said:

I shall wait and use a bred one....

50 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

My scroll goals include 10 cb dragons (5 males, 5 females) of each sprite. This is true for holiday dragons aswell. This means I have to collect a bounch more new pitfire next year, and so will a lot of people who want to keep both forms as adults CB. I highly hope they won't be as hard to find as CB Koharki in 2020!!!

In order to obtain this exalted form do they need to be successfully revived or killing them automatically grants the new sprite? Can they still become zombie or disintegrate? When are the chances of reviving them higher ? Questions, questions.

This new mechanic may produce a lot of work but I personally enjoy it, it's original and cool

The last years dragons are always hard to get AP or Biome, good luck to all.

When you kill the kill page loads the kill and the revive message. Just one action. No reports of normal death yet. Might be the first kill is just the 'bsa' to change form.

Also they called them Reborn in discord.

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I highly hope they won't be as hard to find as CB Koharki in 2020!!!

It's like Tinibree said. During Halloween 2019 Arcana dragons were difficult to come by in the AP and the Halloween biome. Now in 2020 they were more accessible.

Oh, I like the revived ones! All kill slots used though or I would go for one of each.

I like the revived Pitfires but eeh,,,you gotta kill them? Really? :( I tried to kill a dragon to make a zombie like 4 or 5 years ago and felt like scum, really awful

Edited by Glaciarie

20 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

I like the revived Pitfires but eeh,,,you gotta kill them? Really? :( I tried to kill a dragon to make a zombie like 4 or 5 years ago and felt like scum, really awful

Agree

I don't even want ND cause it doesn't seem to be fair to starve it to make it change. 

Of course I still realised those are bunch of pixels, but... 🤪

I killed two, no dodging, and they both revived. 

Does this mean there will be twice as many spriter's alts? :)

11 minutes ago, Toyo said:

I killed two, no dodging, and they both revived. 

Does this mean there will be twice as many spriter's alts? :)

I assume so, Aegis also have separate enraged/pacified alts.

Also I am so tempted to kill all of mine, that form is by far the coolest. But to satisfy my collecting instincts I'll keep a pair I think.

Edited by MissK.