TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

i'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but anyone else notice the flames in the reflection on the ref sheet..? wonder what thats about!

Not crazy about this dragon’s backstory, but this has been a rough, frightening year for everyone. To have such a grim and Hellish dragon represent 2020 is very appropriate. Be interesting to breed it with Hellfires, Olives, Hellhorses and Vines.

Aand I'm out of precogs and I didn't use them very wisely. :D Yesterday when I was hunting there was a pumpkin wall and not many other eggs to choose from. Now the AP is full of beautiful checkers and I hate it that I can pick just a few to see if they gender right.

32 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but anyone else notice the flames in the reflection on the ref sheet..? wonder what thats about!

I did! Did you notice the wing tears too?

Pretty sure its just the 'fire' part of their name.

9 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Did you notice the wing tears too?

yep! would've been cool if both were included in their final design, though it might be a but busy. love it anyway though!

@schenanigans I was going to ask, considering the description of the hatchies if Pitfires just enjoy challenging other hatchies or were kind of bullies instead, but it seems they have some sort of evil nature.

But I'm curious, do they have a preferred species to fight against?

In the case they're losing a battle, do they retreat or go to the end?

Do they fight one on one always?

How big are they?

Great design, amazing Dragons! *0*

1 minute ago, Kegluneq said:

How big are they?

upper right of the ref shows them next to a human. about 2 humans tall at the shoulder

8 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

upper right of the ref shows them next to a human. about 2 humans tall at the shoulder

I didn't notice! ^^U

They're about as big as a mammoth, or something like that (I calculate based on the reference pic)... glorious size!

And that'd be the female size, right? Are the males bigger or similar? 

I really love these Godlike Dragons! 

Edited by Kegluneq

Not to be a contrarian, but I like the orange color better! It's autumnal and appropriate to the season and I love warm colors. :wub:

The blue is also beautiful, and if it's a spriter's alt I will be happy for them that they get to have it (and hopefully they'll breed it and give away some eggs!)

2 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

And that'd be the female size, right? Are the males bigger or similar? 

I really love these Godlike Dragons! 

Unless something somewhere makes a point about the sizes i assume they're the same. The silhouette is probably just copy-paste of the main so yeah it would be the girl going by the horns.

Or maybe I'm wrong and schen will weigh in later heh

These are pretty cool. I love the colors and the poses. The horns are awesome. Times like this I wish the sprites were bigger/you could zoom in so you could see more detail. Holiday Dragons tend to almost always be some of my favorites.

33 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

@schenanigans I was going to ask, considering the description of the hatchies if Pitfires just enjoy challenging other hatchies or were kind of bullies instead, but it seems they have some sort of evil nature.

But I'm curious, do they have a preferred species to fight against?

Do they fight one on one always?

How big are they?

Great design, amazing Dragons! *0*

Pitfire hatchlings are very much bullies, they're like the fat kid on the playground that really wants your lunch money. But if they find another hatchling that steps up to the plate and accepts their challenge and can go toe to toe with them, they'll probably back down..... for now. 

I wouldn't say that there is a particular species that they prefer to fight against, though it does tend to be other Pitfires since they have the same drive to battle. They definitely seek out other breeds to fight though, especially ones they have never encountered before - maybe accidentally stumbling on Brutes fighting over mates and wanting to join in on some fun, much to the Brutes' dismay. Some younger Pitfires might jump in and join in the fray, while an older Pit may await a victor to challenge it themselves. They're definitely opportunistic and wouldn't mind ganging up on a target, but nothing will top the thrill of a one on one battle to them - and Pitfires will respect that for others. It also depends on how hungry they are. 

Yes, the males are ever so slightly bigger than females are ^.^ The graphic is just about their average height. Sometimes females can be big behemoths too! 

33 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

In the case they're losing a battle, do they retreat or go to the end?

They will fight all the way to the end..... and then some. 

Edited by schenanigans

8 minutes ago, rayemoon said:

These are pretty cool. I love the colors and the poses. The horns are awesome. Times like this I wish the sprites were bigger/you could zoom in so you could see more detail. Holiday Dragons tend to almost always be some of my favorites.

if you hold ctrl and scroll up on a mouse it zooms in (i recommend right clicking and opening image in new tab first) on mobile you can pinch apart to zoom in. Or download image and pinch to zoom, whichever you prefer.

3 hours ago, schenanigans said:

Pitfire hatchlings are very much bullies, they're like the fat kid on the playground that really wants your lunch money. But if they find another hatchling that steps up to the plate and accepts their challenge and can go toe to toe with them, they'll probably back down..... for now. 

I wouldn't say that there is a particular species that they prefer to fight against, though it does tend to be other Pitfires since they have the same drive to battle. They definitely seek out other breeds to fight though, especially ones they have never encountered before - maybe accidentally stumbling on Brutes fighting over mates and wanting to join in on some fun, much to the Brutes' dismay. Some younger Pitfires might jump in and join in the fray, while an older Pit may await a victor to challenge it themselves. They're definitely opportunistic and wouldn't mind ganging up on a target, but nothing will top the thrill of a one on one battle to them - and Pitfires will respect that for others. It also depends on how hungry they are. 

Yes, the males are ever so slightly bigger than females are ^.^ The graphic is just about their average height. Sometimes females can be big behemoths too! 

They will fight all the way to the end..... and then some. 

Thank you so much for the response! 

They have a very interesting concept, and knowing they'll fight till the end "and then some" makes an echo in my head! O.o

The AP is on the 30th now (has been for roughly half the day), starting to wonder if maybe the wall will end sooner than last year? Wonder how many people bred on the last day though. 

@schenanigans thanks for all the extra info about this awesome new breed! DC has a lot of fierce/rough-and-tough dragons but I like that Pitfires seem to just generally love fighting, like it's a passion instead of just necessity. 

I love these guys and their lore! They're kinda like a Proud Warrior Race dragon (if you're familiar with TVTropes) and with the extra detail, seems less like bullies to me and more like dragons that CRAVE challenge. Bullies to everyone else, but that isnt the intention; they're having a smashing good time! I like it! I like they have an honor code, too, and challenge bigger dragons but are so strong/good at fighting, it causes the big guys grief! It's the challenge, not the victory, that they are for, which is a good message to take away from this tumultuous year!

However, looking at the other hatchies I have right now, I feel bad if they try and tangle with some Omens!

Ooh, the adults look nice!

And I think this is the fast I actually name my dragons. :lol: (Also good to know naming one of my Pitfires "You will leave on your shield" works)

@HeatherMarie yea its what I'm currently doing, I only need some Arcana Dragon and one Kohraki Dragon and I could complete my frozen sprite collection xD

I'm on the same wagon of everyone saying that the blue one looks nice. It almost make me regrets that it's probably isnt a variation. Sprites alt are always nice to discovers!

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The AP is on the 30th now (has been for roughly half the day), starting to wonder if maybe the wall will end sooner than last year? Wonder how many people bred on the last day though. 

Theres always quite a few who want an egg with the actual date of Halloween...so I suspect that might be among the longest walls before we get the hatchling/new egg walls.

That aside, love these new dragons. The colors are great (so many options for mates) and their personalities ♡

First impression, they seem evil, but after some references, now they're just so adobrable and respectable as well! I love them ❤️