TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

4 hours ago, MissK. said:

They're also biteable as per the second post, which I just confirmed as well, and the egg sizes are normal.

I'm glad and satisfied of this holiday relase, they are very lovely and the flame-like pattern on their body is a very nice touch.

However I think it's a big shame and missed opportunity to not make the first Halloween Drake breed.

They may not have opposable thumbs but it's a barely visible detail compared to their wings and horns.  https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Howler_Drake  <-- distant cousins? brothers separated at birth?

I'm curious to see the alternative sprites ;)

thank you everyone involved in this relase and event.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I do wonder.... Since we have Mints that are a dwarf / very small breed of regular dragons and do not classife as pigmies... could it be possible to have the unique exception of a giant sized Drake? That would be cool. A dog the size of a house would be cool (and scary)

4 hours ago, schenanigans said:

I am so glad people are enjoying these so far! ❤️ 

So courtesy of the ever wonderful Spatio, I have a beautiful ref to post for you all! 

pitref_copy.png

What gorgeous dragons! I love the look of the wing-spines and the curved horns!! They've got a delightfully infernal look about them. I absolutely can't wait for my pair to grow up

On a slight tangent, I've seen ref sheets such as this one around, mostly for Halloweens, but also for some regular releases. Is there anywhere that all the existing ref sheets can be viewed? I know they're on the wiki, but I'm not sure which dragons even have ref sheets at all 😵

54 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'm glad and satisfied of this holiday relase, they are very lovely and the flame-like pattern on their body is a very nice touch.

However I think it's a big shame and missed opportunity to not make the first Halloween Drake breed.

They may not have opposable thumbs but it's a barely visible detail compared to their wings and horns.  https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Howler_Drake  <-- distant cousins? brothers separated at birth?

I'm curious to see the alternative sprites ;)

thank you everyone involved in this relase and event.

The horns aren't antlers, which is what drakes have. Antlers are an entirely different structure and these guys don't have horns that look like antlers.

Everyone who's been saying these look like drakes, I'd just like to remind you that drakes are supposed to about as intelligent as dogs, whereas Pitfires appear to have approximately human-level intelligence.

So the bits about being strangely honorable and loving (but being terrible at) riddles wouldn't really work if they were drakes.

They look nifty!

41 minutes ago, Astaroshe Asran said:

am I the only one who saw a blue hatchling when TJs were growing up????

No - I even posted the image in this thread. Here it is again:

VTThe.png.5b0bef2a3ea02bc03ee5932a0d02fc6e.png

Very nice adults. I actually prefer the female sprite, but both are lovely. Thanks Spatio and schenanigans!

I adore them! The riddle comic is hilarious. Thank you, spatio and Schen!

6 hours ago, schenanigans said:

I am so glad people are enjoying these so far! ❤️ 

So courtesy of the ever wonderful Spatio, I have a beautiful ref to post for you all! 

pitref_copy.png

Aight so these bad boys are all about their pride and battle culture. They are constantly striving to prove their worth in battle, hoping to live up to those they revere as war deities and forever striving to surpass them. While other breeds can sometimes garner their respect, nothing will truly top a Pitfire that has gone to hell and back.  

Despite their angry outbursts and often merciless tactics, Pitfires follow an odd yet honorable code. So long as you meet their standards of strength, whatever it may be, you just might be able to get one to tolerate you. Though they utterly despise signs of physical weakness and feel no regret towards killing those they deem frail or inept, a Pitfire will leave well enough alone if they note the weakling to be accompanied by someone more capable. 

Should you ever find yourself between a rock and a Pitfire, a suggestion that one might heed would be to entertain the dragon with a riddle. This should be the only form of challenge you initiate yourself. However, be very aware that they are quite unaware of how terrible they actually are at solving riddles. Telling them they are wrong will warrant you nothing but frustration (at their complete and utter lack of logic, I mean, who even comes up with this stuff?) and possibly the dragon's ire. 

If people have questions, I'll happily answer some after work! There will also be encyclopedia entries to be excited for 😊

OHHHH THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!!

Thank you and the other artists that made these guys! 

They look great! I love the flames!

(Their wings give me DC drake/ridewing vibes.)

I really like these dragons! The female is gorgeous, but the male looks a little cluttered around the mouth area. The teeth are hard to interpret!

Oh they're lovely! I really enjoy the muted, almost flame-like colors on both of them (I agree with the sentiment that they'd go excellently with Spitfires in a potential breeding project). Well done spriters!

Oof, I totally forgot to take Halloween dragon this year, idk if I would be able to get the new dragon somewhere. Oh well, I'll get it next year xD

Edit: Generous people have got me three of the new dragon species ❤️

Edited by Nightmon

WOOOT adults!! Goodness I love the flame-type markings, I was rather disappointed when the hatchies changed from blue to orange because I thought the blue stood out more but the orange works great on the adults. I think I like the female better simply because it's easier to see more of the body and details, though I do love the male's more dynamic pose. Absolutely love the extra info, thanks spriters! *still giggling at that riddle drawing*

@Nightmon Keep an eye on the AP the next few days for new eggs that people abandoned.

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I was rather disappointed when the hatchies changed from blue to orange because I thought the blue stood out more but the orange works great on the adults. 

Agreed; I absolutely loved the blue but, honestly, these guys have grown on me. They look amazing! :D

I am still a little hopeful for the blue, maybe like something regarding blue-fire or such, but if not then it is what it is. I love them nonetheless. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So then what the heck?? Are they certain colors during the day? I'm sure its some sort of treat we need to figure out but wow

6 minutes ago, Astaroshe Asran said:

So then what the heck?? Are they certain colors during the day? I'm sure its some sort of treat we need to figure out but wow

It was probably a hiccup and the blue is the Spriter's Alt, but without it turning up on their scroll I can't say for sure.

51 minutes ago, animetriplicate said:

It was probably a hiccup and the blue is the Spriter's Alt, but without it turning up on their scroll I can't say for sure.

oh, probably the likely answer. x.x but it was nice to investigate

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh, here's the bluish hatchie, I thought I was dreaming it. :P And now I'm confused, are we getting both colors or just the orange one? Personally, I like the blue/green combo a bit more and would like the idea of dragon changing colors. :)

Congrats to artists on the lovely release and big thanks to everyone involved!

Its extremely unfortunate everyone got real excited about the blues which were probably an error. I mean I'm holding out hope too But  the wait was long enough to make me hype regardless of color and now i love them they go so good with lots of dragons i love