TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

The little hatchlings are so cute. It's too bad that I'm locked up and can't grab any of them!  :D

Oh hey, I'm actually awake for the hatchie wall for once...

*adds hatchies to the wall*

20 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

whoever happens to be around when the wall breaks and the hatchie wall happens and all that, screenshots would be appreciated!

As Kith said, the hatchies are here now.

I tried to take some screenshots.  My computer was acting a bit funny, so my screenshot from right after the hatchies took over the AP disappeared.  I left the AP sitting open, though, and was able to capture this picture of what the AP looked like at 9:29 PM cave time:

Spoiler

image.png.8aa268300480bcf622ecd3a28d573549.png

Here's one I just took (9:49 or 9:50).  It still looks basically the same.  Maybe a few more gendered hatchies.

Spoiler

image.png.3c52951c9f8c0d7cc871abfabfa66920.png

Whelp. Sorry I was busy catching or trying to catch some extra hatchlings, so no screenshots.

I managed to get two already winged 2 days remaining hatchies. +two 4 days 5 hours remaining hatchies after the first two grew up. 

I did saw at least 2 adults(!) on the AP. Crazy! They all went so fast!

*tries to catch Kohrakis*

*fails at catching any Kohrakis*

😠

*attempts to catch them some more*

Edit: Can you imagine that there is just a bunch of Halloween hatchies running around everywhere, and there we are, diving after each and every one of them to grab the ones we want?

Edited by Shokomon

*hatchling lock for a bit*

hey I got a younger sib to one of my old halloween dragons, cool. (let me tell you, the fact they are both female make me start laughing. XD)

Realizing that I actually like how Kohraki look in the last possible moment is certainly an experience.

At least the hatchling wall gives an oppotrunity to catch some.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

*tries to catch Kohrakis*

*fails at catching any Kohrakis*

😠

*attempts to catch them some more*

Edit: Can you imagine that there is just a bunch of Halloween hatchies running around everywhere, and there we are, diving after each and every one of them to grab the ones we want?

I managed to grab a kohraki hatchling to freeze, my first kohraki freezie! (And thanks for the mental image of tons of people running after and diving for hatchlings! If I could draw that would be an awesome scene to draw, lol)

Screenshots.

(Turns out, the spoiler button is more visible on laptop....)

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-07-05-52-40.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-07-04-28-35.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-07-04-03-01.png

Edited by Darth Krande

8 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

(How do I hide them behind the spoiler?)

Edit your post -- highlight the picture and then click on the little eye symbol up on the bar at the top.

Woa, I don't think I've ever actually seen a hatchie wall before. I wish the AP would do this more often, this is amazing! Also, s1 desipis hatchlings have no right to be as cute as they are. I keep feeling the urge to use up all my freeze slots on them despite the fact that I already have like 12 of them.

Edited by blockEdragon

you know, it's a good thing I usually don't get the omen hatchlings that i click on since I'm trying to save my last slot to help with the ER eggs.

(well that is if I actually see that wall befoe i go to bed lol)

34 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Woa, I don't think I've ever actually seen a hatchie wall before. I wish the AP would do this more often, this is amazing!

Well, I'm pretty sure they happen every time we have a week-long breeding period for limited-availability dragons.  (So it's quite reasonable if you have never been on at the right time to see them before, and they're pretty rare, but they also happen at moderately-predictable times, so you can try to check more often at the appropriate times.)

Of course, the reason they happen when we can breed limited-availability/holiday dragons is that all the holiday-type dragons sort to the front of the AP, in front of regular dragons, no matter if they have more time left or not.  So when the AP times get low at the end of the breeding period, people hatch and throw back a bunch of holiday-type dragons, and then after all of the holiday eggs have been taken, the holiday hatchlings still sort in front of the normal dragons.

Halloween is the only holiday which lacks restrictions on how many CBs you can have, so I would assume Halloween dragons tend to be more numerous and prolific than the Christmas and Valentine's Day ones.  Also, I think some people think that the holiday walls get longer and longer every year.  (I haven't paid enough attention consistently enough, myself, to say whether I think they do or not.)  And of course the current pandemic might make a larger portion of people more inclined to breed their holiday dragons than they would otherwise, so if this wall is significantly larger than last year's, then that is one thing that might be part of the reason.

Well I think the timing of the wall was different this year, because things got low like, super fast. I can only imagine people stuck inside on a weekend start to breeding is why we dropped to uninfluenceable times so fast.

But it broke to hatchies around the same time as last year, so it didn't end up being a large difference in number of things bred.

Or so I would say if this hatchie wall wasn't so long lol. But I think only a bit more by the numbers than last year.

50 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Well, I'm pretty sure they happen every time we have a week-long breeding period for limited-availability dragons.  (So it's quite reasonable if you have never been on at the right time to see them before, and they're pretty rare, but they also happen at moderately-predictable times, so you can try to check more often at the appropriate times.)

Of course, the reason they happen when we can breed limited-availability/holiday dragons is that all the holiday-type dragons sort to the front of the AP, in front of regular dragons, no matter if they have more time left or not.  So when the AP times get low at the end of the breeding period, people hatch and throw back a bunch of holiday-type dragons, and then after all of the holiday eggs have been taken, the holiday hatchlings still sort in front of the normal dragons.

Halloween is the only holiday which lacks restrictions on how many CBs you can have, so I would assume Halloween dragons tend to be more numerous and prolific than the Christmas and Valentine's Day ones.  Also, I think some people think that the holiday walls get longer and longer every year.  (I haven't paid enough attention consistently enough, myself, to say whether I think they do or not.)  And of course the current pandemic might make a larger portion of people more inclined to breed their holiday dragons than they would otherwise, so if this wall is significantly larger than last year's, then that is one thing that might be part of the reason.

I guess I just sleep at the wrong times, my schedule has changed since the last holiday release so that might be why.

I have a dragon that I bred but all the offspring became wild dragons. What does that mean? 😯 They didn't make it to the AP?

2 minutes ago, Sashimi said:

I have a dragon that I bred but all the offspring became wild dragons. What does that mean? 😯 They didn't make it to the AP?

A few of mine are too. It means that someone abandoned it as a hatch, and it had too many views and grew up before someone could grab it :(

1 minute ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

A few of mine are too. It means that someone abandoned it as a hatch, and it had too many views and grew up before someone could grab it :(

Poor babies! I wish that didn't happen. I think they were pretty - not a perfect lineage, but unique.

Arrgghhh I so wanted to be awake for the super-low-time eggs after the hatchies, but it's now an hour past my bedtime and I'm tired and the hatchies have been at 6d17h for awhile now... Ugh. Dang. 

7 minutes ago, Sashimi said:

Poor babies! I wish that didn't happen. I think they were pretty - not a perfect lineage, but unique.

Same, I wish when hatchies were going to grow up, they pop up at the front of the AP an hour prior. 

11 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Same, I wish when hatchies were going to grow up, they pop up at the front of the AP an hour prior. 

It probably wouldn't have mattered because Holiday egg/hatchlings are coded to be in front no matter what.

We'd just have to clear the wall fast enough. I think there was a suggestion to add a line of normal eggs at the bottom of the AP during Holiday season.

You could try making your idea a suggestion?

3 minutes ago, Sashimi said:

Omg! Eggs!

DANG IT! I missed the end of the wall!

Oh man, look at all those <1 day eggs. I wonder if we can get Neglecteds out of these guys...