TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

25 minutes ago, Spirulina said:

Should go nice with brutes ;)

I'm thinking Graves; similar fire pattern, and maybe the Grave's terror-inducing powers and fire breath could counter that one-track minded destructivity of the Pitfires?

What would happen in a meeting like that? 🤔 

Very cool new dragons, i like the female sprite most. Hornes and wings are nicely drawn and i like the color pattern.

Are they supposed to be Drakes aren't they? They surely have the body type of drake's. 

3 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Very cool new dragons, i like the female sprite most. Hornes and wings are nicely drawn and i like the color pattern.

Are they supposed to be Drakes aren't they? They surely have the body type of drake's. 

They'd be pitfire drakes not dragons if they were. These also clearly have a thumb which drakes can't have.

14 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

9 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

They'd be pitfire drakes not dragons if they were. These also clearly have a thumb which drakes can't have.

They're also biteable as per the second post, which I just confirmed as well, and the egg sizes are normal.

Edited by MissK.

3 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I am so glad people are enjoying these so far! ❤️ 

So courtesy of the ever wonderful Spatio, I have a beautiful ref to post for you all! 

pitref_copy.png

Aight so these bad boys are all about their pride and battle culture. They are constantly striving to prove their worth in battle, hoping to live up to those they revere as war deities and forever striving to surpass them. While other breeds can sometimes garner their respect, nothing will truly top a Pitfire that has gone to hell and back.  

Despite their angry outbursts and often merciless tactics, Pitfires follow an odd yet honorable code. So long as you meet their standards of strength, whatever it may be, you just might be able to get one to tolerate you. Though they utterly despise signs of physical weakness and feel no regret towards killing those they deem frail or inept, a Pitfire will leave well enough alone if they note the weakling to be accompanied by someone more capable. 

Should you ever find yourself between a rock and a Pitfire, a suggestion that one might heed would be to entertain the dragon with a riddle. This should be the only form of challenge you initiate yourself. However, be very aware that they are quite unaware of how terrible they actually are at solving riddles. Telling them they are wrong will warrant you nothing but frustration (at their complete and utter lack of logic, I mean, who even comes up with this stuff?) and possibly the dragon's ire. 

If people have questions, I'll happily answer some after work! There will also be encyclopedia entries to be excited for 😊

oh my god the fire on the reflection. I thought something was up with the horns! Glad to see I was right.

Revers sphinx riddles lol

edit: oh! the wing tears in reflection!! OH i love the reflection so much lol. also eye change! Is that just all like, in battle stuff or?

Edited by Tinibree

27 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I am so glad people are enjoying these so far! ❤️ 

So courtesy of the ever wonderful Spatio, I have a beautiful ref to post for you all! 

pitref_copy.png

Aight so these bad boys are all about their pride and battle culture. They are constantly striving to prove their worth in battle, hoping to live up to those they revere as war deities and forever striving to surpass them. While other breeds can sometimes garner their respect, nothing will truly top a Pitfire that has gone to hell and back.  

Despite their angry outbursts and often merciless tactics, Pitfires follow an odd yet honorable code. So long as you meet their standards of strength, whatever it may be, you just might be able to get one to tolerate you. Though they utterly despise signs of physical weakness and feel no regret towards killing those they deem frail or inept, a Pitfire will leave well enough alone if they note the weakling to be accompanied by someone more capable. 

Should you ever find yourself between a rock and a Pitfire, a suggestion that one might heed would be to entertain the dragon with a riddle. This should be the only form of challenge you initiate yourself. However, be very aware that they are quite unaware of how terrible they actually are at solving riddles. Telling them they are wrong will warrant you nothing but frustration (at their complete and utter lack of logic, I mean, who even comes up with this stuff?) and possibly the dragon's ire. 

If people have questions, I'll happily answer some after work! There will also be encyclopedia entries to be excited for 😊

My biggest question is regarding the hatchies color change--was that unintentional/accidental? Or are these guys gonna be color changing based on like the moon cycles or something?

Edited by Katharos Seraph
Added more meat to my question

I love how beefy and strong they look! And the colors are perfectly autumnal *chef's kiss*

Like others, the female sprite appeals to me more. But y'all, look at the male lineage tile, it's great! They are going to look fantastic in lineages. ETA I've just looked at the breeding thread, and they look good with EVERYTHING

Thanks Schenanigans and Spatio! 

Edited by Laura-Borealis

2 hours ago, Katharos Seraph said:

My biggest question is regarding the hatchies color change--was that unintentional/accidental? Or are these guys gonna be color changing based on like the moon cycles or something?

The description says, "Pitfire activity has been noted to increase as the weather grows colder and the nights grow longer." Could it be that changes based on the time of the year?

I mean, they were blue at some point - maybe they changed on nov 1 or sth?

I hope it's not a mistake! :D

My favourite is male :3 can't wait to breed the female to my tinsel though.

Congrats,  Schenanigans and Spatio!

Ooh, I love the male. The flame patterns are awesome. The female's head is too small relative to the body and the pose is so static (this tends to happen a lot :( ), so not my fave. Lovely release overall! Thanks to everyone who made Halloween special!

3 hours ago, schenanigans said:

Should you ever find yourself between a rock and a Pitfire, a suggestion that one might heed would be to entertain the dragon with a riddle.

This is the best plan, but as stated, please do note that they are exceptionally BAD at riddles.