TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

2 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Well, there are tricks you can do to kill more at the appropriate time.

If you kill your dragons at the right time, you can try to revive them on Halloween morning, and then your kill slots will come back partway through the day and you can kill another 5 in the evening to immediately try to revive.

Also, you can kill hatchlings by letting them run out of time.  If you time that right, you can, I think, theoretically get almost two scrollfuls of dead hatchies without interfering with your Halloween breeding.

Oh, other thing:

An awesome number for an awesome collection.

Well too late now lol but how would the kill slots come back in the day?

Happy Halloween, and good luck getting that egg!

Edit: I just realized that TJ's hatchling codes read "Valkemarian Tales The Lost City"

Edited by CrystalDragon14

Man, I still need 16 treats to complete my set. it be nice if the the wait time was a little less in the last hours. Ah well. I don't think it's not bad considering I had nearly 200 treats after the 50 for this year's trick or treat fest.

18 minutes ago, Redds said:

Well too late now lol but how would the kill slots come back in the day?

If you kill 5 on the 17th, you'll get the kill slots back exactly 2 weeks later which is Halloween. So you kill on the 17th but don't revive until Halloween, then wait for the kill slots to come back later in the day and try 5 more. 

16 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Man, I still need 16 treats to complete my set. it be nice if the the wait time was a little less in the last hours. Ah well. I don't think it's not bad considering I had nearly 200 treats after the 50 for this year's trick or treat fest.

Down to 10 treats.

I got 2 zombies hatchies from 8 and like 1 or 2 from only 5 kill slots. Should have thought about the 17th kill slots. Ah well. Duly noted for next year.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

If you kill 5 on the 17th, you'll get the kill slots back exactly 2 weeks later which is Halloween. So you kill on the 17th but don't revive until Halloween, then wait for the kill slots to come back later in the day and try 5 more. 

if ill remember that but wont the graves disappear in 2 weeks tho 🤔

11 minutes ago, Redds said:

I think the graves well disappear on the time you killed them, so lets say you kill 5 at 5 PM on 17th, I pretty sure the graves will disappear once it because 5 PM on Halloween.

15 minutes ago, Redds said:

They disappear exactly two weeks after killing them. So if you kill them, for example, in the middle of the day of the 17th, they won't disappear until the middle of the day on Halloween. So you have time to revive them in the morning. Then your kill slots come back at midday (when they would disappear), so you can kill five more.

Is it only me or are there less new eggs than usual? I thought by now people will have their scrolls locked with new eggs and not be taking them from the cave anymore, but the six regular biomes are still picked clean every five minutes. 

I don't know about whether there are fewer than normal, but I'm sort of not locked.  I've been catching and dropping the new ones to the AP.

Unfortunately for me, I caught five very shortly before 7PM, and I only wanted to keep 4, so it's going to be a very near thing to see whether I can drop one to make room to breed one last Halloween pair before the event ends.

11 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I don't know about whether there are fewer than normal, but I'm sort of not locked.  I've been catching and dropping the new ones to the AP.

Unfortunately for me, I caught five very shortly before 7PM, and I only wanted to keep 4, so it's going to be a very near thing to see whether I can drop one to make room to breed one last Halloween pair before the event ends.

I was going to say this. I knew someone who would help the people who can't grab them today because of some reason another. They drop like 2 groups and keep the third for themselves.

One insomniac actually got to 4 sets before keeping the 5th set.

*** And with 45 seconds to spare, I actually got the last treat. So now I have it all.

Edited by Spyridon

Update on my own situation: it turned out that I only had one caught before 7PM, so I was able to abandon that one to breed an egg that I wish I had bred earlier.  Then my other 4 were caught in exactly the 7PM drop, so I was not able to abandon them and get a fresh batch, which is just fine for me, but theoretically a little bit sad for anyone who might have benefited from another 4 new eggs in the AP.

It looks like TJ in his munificence made the cave eggs inexhaustible for the last 5 minutes?  Because I was watching the biomes and my own eggs' action pages closely, and the biomes were full of Halloweens right up until all of a sudden they were full of commons.

Does the fact that TJ only has three mean there's no gender dimorphism? I always pick up as many Halloween eggs as I can to ensure that I get more of a chance of hatching a male and a female, then trade the extras later. But if there's no dimorphism, there's no reason to hang onto the extras.

3 minutes ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Does the fact that TJ only has three mean there's no gender dimorphism? I always pick up as many Halloween eggs as I can to ensure that I get more of a chance of hatching a male and a female, then trade the extras later. But if there's no dimorphism, there's no reason to hang onto the extras.

3 means there is, and it will be adults, since the hatchies all look the same.  I think.

There could be dimorphism, but only between the adults, and not the babies.
But, you could also be right, too.

I sadly missed the drop time, is anyone willing to spare a single egg so I can get one? I don't need more than one, and i'm willing to breed any of my dragons if you want something specific as a trade. https://dragcave.net/user/Corinnycat

5 minutes ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Three eggs mean adult dimorphism, but no hatchie dimorphism.

This is the first year I haven't bred all my Halloween CBs to the AP and I can't decide if that was stupid or not. Given the low AP times and the fact I usually do most of my breeding the last day, all the eggs I would've bred would've either died or been uninfluencable. I did breed one messy Arcana pairing to keep an egg for myself, I'm going to keep an eye on the other egg from that batch to see if it actually gets picked up and cared for. It feels weird not mass-breeding during a holiday. 

I ended up with 5 of the new eggs, may or may not keep them all. I hate to keep 5 CBs but Kohrakis were so hard for me to get this year I feel like I should keep what I can of the new breed.

@Corinnycat Keep an eye on the AP the next couple days, many people grab extras of the new ones to toss to the AP for those who came too late.

I was too busy to get anywhere near finishing the awesome little game. Will someone let me know the ending/possible endings, as well as any important parts of the plot? I literally got to the excavation site, and started in on that. I only played today, and only a short amount of time at that. Thanks in advance!

TJ's hatchling codes are cracking me up. Dragons from the Lost City! I wonder if they have anything to do with the dragons that built the place before humans moved in... or, given the graphic, the Lich King?? Unfortunately, 'Architect' doesn't start with 'pi' or 'pl'. XD Whatever, they're super cute. Their little skull heads!

4 hours ago, VixenDra said:

after all those frustrating years since the zombie sprite update and expansion, I suddenly finished my entire zombie goal until any of the missing subtypes gets released!

What an incredible Halloween achievement. Look at that meticulously curated array of lurching bones! Congratulations! :D

31 minutes ago, Wahya said:

Will someone let me know the ending/possible endings, as well as any important parts of the plot?

The wiki has a summary of the early parts of the story and the puzzles at the excavation site, and I made a list of all the clickable objects and characters I found in each area, though I wasn't able to go back and summarize dialogs with the other four expedition members. Brief plot/ending: 

Spoiler

your character solves four puzzles at the excavation site, uses the four runes found there to unlock the door in the middle, and enters the underground Lost City with the rest of the party. After looking around and finding some lore, they repeat the four puzzles, head into the Lost City's palace, and encounter a Lich King for the final battle. The Lich King is planning to turn the whole region undead and rule over it, and is very confused at your character arriving just in time when they didn't even know about him or his evil plan! The party triumphs over the Lich King, but his giant laser destroys the underground city and they escape just in time, bringing the runes with them to be studied at the Great Desert Museum.

Edited by infiniteviking
Added info

people be completing zombie lists and i havent even gotten a neglected dragon or a full set of dinos/xenos/zyus ayyyy thats what i get for flaking from the game

@Corinnycat I sent several of the new Halloweens to the AP (would have been more, but hubby dragged me away from the computer for several hours).

@HeatherMarie Didn't get my CBs bred this year either...

I've been out of it all day with food poisoning and now I'm left wondering if the Halloween eggs drops have stopped? Did they start at 9 pm EST? I live on PST so we have a 3 hours difference from you. Don't tell me I missed it! I'll have to get myself over to Trading to see what I can do about it.

In addition, anyone who participated in the Valkemarian Tales event but did not complete it will receive a participatory badge after the event is done.

Now that is nice; thank you! I just didn't have the time to sink into doing it, and just been busy with moving and cleaning. Very kind of you to do this :D I was honestly resigned to not getting the badge this year, though I did do some of the event.

Edited by Natakiro