TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

6 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

After Pipio but before Plated Colossus. So their name falls somewhere between being Pip-something to Plas-something.

Technically it could also be something with platanus for example...trees, leaves, some kind of connection.

Still considering the plague theory though.

Good thinking, @ ShorahNagi, Laura-Borealis, infiniteviking ! I'm pretty sure it's "sand," then. I forgot about Snowa's name. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next main character's name follow in the same vein 😄

myabe the blue was in partial reference to the blue moon on halloween. and maybe its next blue cycle will be on the next full moon?

13 hours ago, TailedThief said:

Will this help?

Screenshot_2020-11-01-02-59-56.thumb.png.d7584c9f410586b603d02267c2a1ae4d.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-02-55-05.thumb.png.c40b2431034542bf160c74e89c0c416a.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-00-55-10.thumb.png.00475c1997c4abc8a41dcc8397fddcbd.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-00-06-30.thumb.png.94a644499ebf76595804252d72e08271.pngScreenshot_2020-10-31-23-58-32.thumb.png.1d4819273f525af0dd761b382a64efae.pngScreenshot_2020-10-31-23-45-22.thumb.png.9cff0acf20edab671d38382ac558fcf9.png

This is helpful! Thank you!

@ / Shokomon

You're welcome!

___

I said it before already, but I'll say it again, I fell in love with Valkamarian Tales: The Lost City this year. The lore, the writing, its art and ost. There were little lore details hidden everywhere, that brought the world to life. The dragons sprinkled everywhere that you can interact with and the things they said, the people in the Desert city that explained a lot of fun facts about magicians in the world: how they're all honest folk (and Sanda proves they are so), how the other day there was a magical teleportation incident (and it was Sanda who did it), how it was a powerful spell (so that means Sanda is a powerful mage), and so, so much more.

I adore all of the colorful characters, their manner of speech, their interactions between each other, the fact that they're all magic users, all the animations during the boss battle sequence, and how you can just tell that all the characters (and the whole game) were created with inspiration, for fun, and with so much love poured into them! Little interactions between Sanda and all the dragons were really fun, and I loved how sassy Sanda is. And the last boss battle was actually quite epic thanks to the small animations, the dialogue, the sprite portrait changes, the soundtrack, and the way the gang just came all pissed at the end there. All of it was so good. Well done all around.

I fell in love with Avery during the previous Valkamarian Tales christmas game (and with Eben, too!) so I was so happy to see him return. The way he and all the other characters interacted with Sanda was just really fun to read! (Maybe Stella has a crush on Sanda, for example. That was adorable. And how all of them appreciated Sanda at the end!).

The whole thing was really well written, how Sanda started out as a lone protag and then faked remembering them all, and I like to think at the end Sanda didn't remember any of them, but the adventure to the Lost City made them think of the expedition group as good friends all over again, from a blank slate, so like who cares if they (Sanda) doesn't remember anything before the spell failure, right?? It all turned out well in the end! Totally nothing ever went wrong. No one knows they ever forgot, everything is fine!

If the soundtrack of the game ever becomes available I know I'll be listening to it. It'll remind me of this good game.

I would love to see any concept artwork for The Lost City if it would ever be submitted online. And I wonder if the sprite art will be added to the DC wiki, like someone did with VT: Festive Expeditions?

The Lich in the Trick-or-Treat event really seems funny to me now after I played VT. And the badge for participating in and completing the event looks really cool. Just proves to me how much fun the devs had making the game. The whole thing gives good vibes.

Thank you once again everyone involved with the creation of The Lost City. It really inspires and I can't be grateful enough that it exists!

The things @ / infiniteviking mentioned over on last week's halloween news thread are burning questions in my head, too. 

Edited by TailedThief

Aw yeah, we've worked the AP down to the 29th after being stuck on the 28th all day - there is hope!

10 hours till adults.

Keep shoveling everyone! with your help we can Not have a wall of dead eggs lol

4 hours ago, MissK. said:

Technically it could also be something with platanus for example...trees, leaves, some kind of connection.

Still considering the plague theory though.

I can see that. I can also see plague as well. Maybe Plague of Leaves? Since leaves do get moldy as well as grow mildew. ((Which is why I was never really allowed to play leaf piles as a kid. Since both mold and mildew aggravated my asthma.)) 

Do we have a rough estimate on when these hatchlings will age up? Because I'm anxiously awaiting what the adult forms turn out to be.

18 minutes ago, azila said:

Do we have a rough estimate on when these hatchlings will age up? Because I'm anxiously awaiting what the adult forms turn out to be.

Yep! "Hatchling will die if it doesn’t grow up in: 4 days and 5 hours"

26 minutes ago, azila said:

just 5 hours to clarify from laura. once it hits the 3 day mark they will grow up.

Thank you so much for this wonderful wonderful event everything was awesome!!!

P.S.

Just a wish and a hope for next years Halloween dragons could we have pygmy trick or treaters or werewolves to go along with the vampires :D

Adults!!! Well the first one, girl Soon(tm) 

Oooooo I can't believe we were half right on the name lol

The description really fits 2020 loooove the gold line boarding the orange

Edited by Tinibree

Adults look good so far, no news on the different sprites though...I wonder if it might have anything to do with the last sentence in the description, season based sprites? (Or just wishful thinking, it was probably just spriter's alts.)

7 minutes ago, Ripan said:

First adult!

And they're bullies.

I dig it, I was just thinking about how we haven't have a Dark halloween like the marrows recently.

3 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

I dig it, I was just thinking about how we haven't have a Dark halloween like the marrows recently.

What, we had the Kohraki last year? And Omens in 18, and Marrows are scavengers who are actually devoted parents!

If anything we've got fewer funny-festivities types of Halloween, not that I'm complaining - I like the spooky side of halloween.

I don't consider the rakis and omens dark so much as interesting.

Girl sprite! Shows off the tail real nice and Really love how the markings look on her :o

Oh year the females really show off their fearsome tributes! Not something you'd want to accidentally come across out in the wild!

Beautiful adults, love the halloweenish colors! Curious how they look when they are blue, if they still have that color change^^

I knew waiting for the female adult would be worth it. omg I like these. I like these a LOT! The female especially.

Really like the flame-like design on their flank, really noticeable on the female! And the more muted colors will be lovely to pair them for lineage purposes! Good work, thanks to both spriters! ❤️