TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

8 minutes ago, Paintra said:

I was thinking "Pine" perhaps, because of the leaves- then I realized that pine trees don't have leaves... and also "Pin" would sort BEFORE "Pip", not after XD

Plague dragon is possible based on location of the sorting, but I doubt that's it, because it seems... well....... relevant to current events :blink:

Plague was my only semi-creepy guess too...but it doesn't seem to fit these guys so far anyway. Or perhaps something with plasma...or plant, because of the leaves? 

58 minutes ago, Redds said:

i have a batch of zombie fodders but did they change anything about the process in the last 2 years, are the rates increased all day 31st or do i still need to wait til midnight?

Right now is a good time to try to revive zombies.  If you wait until after midnight, it won't be Halloween any more!

IIRC, the wiki says that TJ said that the rates don't stack.  For example, daytime versus night-time on Halloween wouldn't matter at all, because the higher Halloween rate replaces, rather than adding to, the night-time and day-time rates.

2 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

There's not a lot of alphabet between the letters i and l. Pjama Dragons?

Or their cousins, pizza dragons! 🍕

41 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Maybe the blue was supposed to be a spriter's alt, but got posted as the normal ones on accident?

That kinda makes me sad. I like the blue ones. They were colorful.

rip the pretty blues....unless 👀

32 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Any guesses on what the new breed will be called yet? Since it sorts between pipio and plated colossus I assume it has to start with pi- or pla- as well...

Hmm...

Piquant?  Pitiful?  Pith?  Plagiarism?  Plaid?  Plant?  Plaque?  Plaster?

Or maybe they decided to mess with our minds and name it something really close to Pipio or Plated Colossus... Pipping?  Plata-something?

Or it might be a made-up word, of course, in which case we have almost no chance of guessing it.

It also could be something that's not an English word, like Kohrakis or Caligenes... With my limited knowledge in language, I can't think of anything immediately. XD We may have to wait and see!

@Pilauli I don't know why but pith seemed a really interesting guess to me lmao.

I suppose there's always a chance it's not a real word but it's fun to give it a shot! 

egg locked :(

ALSO.

the mini game is glitchyyy I am never gonna be able to beat it. It gives me damn near a seizure every time I play. Disappointing. 

Seriously big sad.

Edited by Rypnami

40 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Right now is a good time to try to revive zombies.  If you wait until after midnight, it won't be Halloween any more!

IIRC, the wiki says that TJ said that the rates don't stack.  For example, daytime versus night-time on Halloween wouldn't matter at all, because the higher Halloween rate replaces, rather than adding to, the night-time and day-time rates.

i saw. I only managed to get a pgymy before i ran out of kills :( 5 in several weeks is too little. though i suppose killing dragons isnt something they want to encourage in a game about collecting them

Hey, does anyone know when exactly The Lost City game ends? The original wording makes me confused on whether it includes November 1st or not.

I managed to get two. Have hardly even seem any others. I'm going to be pretty mad if that's all I get. Why are the books so bare?

I can't believe it, it's the last thing I expected to happen:

after all those frustrating years since the zombie sprite update and expansion, I suddenly finished my entire zombie goal until any of the missing subtypes gets released!
A set of 5 per subtype, that's 90 zombies! Each set made exclusively out of 1 chosen breed from 1 assigned biome

Just admire the PERFECTION https://dragcave.net/group/13377🙀

4 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I can't believe it, it's the last thing I expected to happen:

after all those frustrating years since the zombie sprite update and expansion, I suddenly finished my entire zombie goal until any of the missing subtypes gets released!
A set of 5 per subtype, that's 90 zombies! Each set made exclusively out of 1 chosen breed from 1 assigned biome

Just admire the PERFECTION https://dragcave.net/group/13377🙀

I'm no zombie fan, but that's a great collection, congrats!

21 minutes ago, Redds said:

5 in several weeks is too little.

Well, there are tricks you can do to kill more at the appropriate time.

If you kill your dragons at the right time, you can try to revive them on Halloween morning, and then your kill slots will come back partway through the day and you can kill another 5 in the evening to immediately try to revive.

Also, you can kill hatchlings by letting them run out of time.  If you time that right, you can, I think, theoretically get almost two scrollfuls of dead hatchies without interfering with your Halloween breeding.

Oh, other thing:

7 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

An awesome number for an awesome collection.

Edited by Pilauli
Forgot I meant to reply to VixenDra also.

Love the codes on TJs dragons, as always. I managed to get mine after a good bit of lag.  No ideas on name though.

Ok.  Now I'm completely locked. 

And paranoid.  Did I mention paranoid?  90% of the new eggs in the hatcheries are sick.  I mean, most of them were added too soon, but still.  Paranoid.  

38 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Also, you can kill hatchlings by letting them run out of time.  If you time that right, you can, I think, theoretically get almost two scrollfuls of dead hatchies without interfering with your Halloween breeding.

I got 28 dead hatchies in 2 weeks.  Skillz.  And 10 turned!  

Best number ever.

5 minutes ago, Melancholiance said:

So does trick-or-treating end tonight at midnight or can we still find treats tomorrow for one more day? 

Ends tonight.

42 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Ok.  Now I'm completely locked. 

And paranoid.  Did I mention paranoid?  90% of the new eggs in the hatcheries are sick.  I mean, most of them were added too soon, but still.  Paranoid.  

This always makes me so sad. I try to remember to post a warning/reminder in the news thread the first day, eggs really shouldn't be added to hatcheries the very first day regardless but especially on holidays there is always so much more traffic in the hatcheries. I wish people would watch their eggs more closely, it's so sad to see the eggshells! I always hide mine for at least the first 24 hours when it's a new release, hardly ever have an issue that way.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

This always makes me so sad. I try to remember to post a warning/reminder in the news thread the first day, eggs really shouldn't be added to hatcheries the very first day regardless but especially on holidays there is always so much more traffic in the hatcheries. I wish people would watch their eggs more closely, it's so sad to see the eggshells! I always hide mine for at least the first 24 hours when it's a new release, hardly ever have an issue that way.

I went thru and removed the ones that were on scrolls belonging to people who were open to outside help, but I can only do so much.