TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Oh geez - tell me the colouring doesn't depend on influencing like the Xols.... (Because of course one influences everything to try and get a shot at the wall...)....

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh geez - tell me the colouring doesn't depend on influencing like the Xols.... (Because of course one influences everything to try and get a shot at the wall...)....

Incubating?

I doubt it because TJ's have changed back and forth, haven't they?

I don't know - I only just noticed ! Thanks.

I only saw one change from blue to orange, so if they've done it a second time I missed it.

52 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I sincerely hope that they wouldn't do that for a holiday dragon, but if they did give them a time-related mechanic, we'll know within the week, because a lot of people will be incubating them, but the ones in the wall will very probably hatch and grow up without incubation.

... Can't belive I forgot about the release... -.-

And here I waited for it the whole week.. And then I just forgot.... 😱

Oh, goodness, the AP times are so low. Next year, I need to hoard so many aeons, because I'm trying to ration them but I have no willpower!

22 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Ohhh! You right! 

They definitely blue this morning! 

Better take a pick for posterity …

1365353788_DragonCaveHalloween2020-SpriteChange.thumb.png.af075b39010c846cffb677a86b343a38.png

For those looking for the blue version, this was posted earlier in the thread. I've only seen the red/orange version myself.

22 hours ago, missy_ said:

Incubate takes 24 hours off the clock, but has no effect on sickness. Incubate is most safely used at the very end of the traditional 72-hour egg hatching cycle, when you have a large hole in the egg and 24 hours left before the four-day mark. (Incubate at 5 days, but only if your eggs have a large hole in them.) Incubating new, “fresh“ eggs is a recipe for sickness.

ETA: Also a recipe for sickness: putting fresh eggs into hatcheries.

Maybe, but I've never had it happen before.  It's always seemed to work out before.  This is the first time where my eggs have gotten sick like that.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I believe the Halloween wall lasted until Nov. 6 last year, although I could be wrong.

My estimates is just based on the current (at that time) ages of the eggs. It's entirely possible for the wall to go even longer if the egg times continue to drop...

Eggs behind the wall are already dying... Let's hope the Halloween wall doesn't get there...

If TJ's hatchlings changed colours on purpose and not due to a mistake, I can only imagine it being a time-based thing like Stratos and Spirit Ward, or just two forms like Nocturnes. It can't be incubate as TJ's wouldn't randomly change when they were already hatchlings (plus that would be extremely stupid for a Holiday release).

But they were blue in the morning yesterday when I first saw them, and now, they have been orange all day.

I'm still leaning towards spriter's alt.

Every year I say to myself: Don't lock on half caligenes. And every year I fail. But who could blame me? 

VTThe.png.5b0bef2a3ea02bc03ee5932a0d02fc6e.png1574105784_Lostt(1).png.012dadbad66c611f0995ed40c3ddc830.png

These are the two I've seen up to now.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this a great Halloween event.

I got a badge and I thank all for that, I didn't finish the event game.😊

Just now, Vani said:

Are the new eggs still dropping?

No. You might find them in the AP in a couple days' time.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

But they were blue in the morning yesterday when I first saw them, and now, they have been orange all day.

I'm still leaning towards spriter's alt.

That's been my thought [I've not seen anything but the orange...but if it was for such a brief time, I can't help but feel it was an odd coding error on TJ's part and he changed his to a SAlt.

As it is now basically the same time as when that screenshot earlier was taken, I am inclined to believe it was some kind of mistake. Kind of a shame if that is the case honestly, different sprites are fun. 

I wonder if there was a hint about these new dragons in the game. For those who finished the puzzle and explored the museum, remember the trees? The ones with leaves that change colors constantly, according to their plaque? Maybe the color-changing trees and these color-changing hatchies from leafy eggs are connected.