TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Any one got pictures of all the runes?

I'm trying to make badges & I don't remember how they look like...

28 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Maybe the color-changing trees and these color-changing hatchies from leafy eggs are connected.

That would make sense! 

Hmm.  These new hatchlings apparently change color?  Interesting.

Slightly unrelated, but a thought occurred to me about the annual trick-or-treat hunts.  Has anyone ever thought to make a treat related to Pumpkin from Steven Universe.  I'd thought there had been one, but I don't see it for any of the past years' treats. 

I suppose having a Pumpkin sprite violate copyright rules.  Still, I could have sworn I'd seen one on DC.

1 hour ago, maskeradeplays said:

crap did i miss the new egg drop? 

Yes you did, unfortunately. Watch the AP - a lot of people drop new eggs to the AP for people that didn't get a chance to get them on the day.

2 hours ago, Ardath Rekha said:

I wonder if there was a hint about these new dragons in the game.

The spriters never know what egg is being released, they find out if its theirs when they start dropping.

1 hour ago, maskeradeplays said:

crap did i miss the new egg drop? 

Yeah, try the ap in like 3 days though! 

Seeing as TJ's hatchling have remained orange for over 24 hours as far as I have seen and all the others are hatching orange too, I think it was a case of mixed up sprites.

Shame, I liked the teal-ish blue green version.

I hope these sprites change color depending on a moon cycle, time, or something. That'd be interesting and new, not to mention a blue Halloween would be awesome. Black, orange, and purples are dominate colors for Halloween releases and it gets pretty samey and predictable. The Kohrakis kind of tried to be a little different and I can appreciate that, same with Omens. Having a nice green or blue Halloween-- for more than one person on the site-- would be a welcome change of pace.

Probably why Omens have grown on me so much when originally I didn't care for them for how busy/cluttered they looked. They're a sweet edgy Halloween dragon but don't rely on the same cliche black, purple, orange, and this lets them continue to stand out years later.

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

I hope these sprites change color depending on a moon cycle, time, or something. That'd be interesting and new, not to mention a blue Halloween would be awesome. Black, orange, and purples are dominate colors for Halloween releases and it gets pretty samey and predictable. The Kohrakis kind of tried to be a little different and I can appreciate that, same with Omens. Having a nice green or blue Halloween-- for more than one person on the site-- would be a welcome change of pace.

Probably why Omens have grown on me so much when originally I didn't care for them for how busy/cluttered they looked. They're a sweet edgy Halloween dragon but don't rely on the same cliche black, purple, orange, and this lets them continue to stand out years later.

Honestly, maybe it is something linked with the Blue Moon that occurred? If it's not an alt/ mistake then I would feel that would make the most sense since they were blue at one point; but that could be totally wrong, but you saying about a moon cycle made me think of it. 

Wonderful event, though! Thank you to TJ and everyone involved! I very much appreciated getting to grab candies from Hallows Eve Past.  ^-^

Now a colour change according to a moon cycle would be an interesting idea! It makes a sorta werewolf-y connection to Halloween.

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Any one got pictures of all the runes?

I'm trying to make badges & I don't remember how they look like...

Will this help?

Screenshot_2020-11-01-02-59-56.thumb.png.d7584c9f410586b603d02267c2a1ae4d.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-02-55-05.thumb.png.c40b2431034542bf160c74e89c0c416a.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-00-55-10.thumb.png.00475c1997c4abc8a41dcc8397fddcbd.pngScreenshot_2020-11-01-00-06-30.thumb.png.94a644499ebf76595804252d72e08271.pngScreenshot_2020-10-31-23-58-32.thumb.png.1d4819273f525af0dd761b382a64efae.pngScreenshot_2020-10-31-23-45-22.thumb.png.9cff0acf20edab671d38382ac558fcf9.png

Am I the only one with loading problems? Every few seconds I get a heavy lag in the AP and also on my scroll. Can't be the users, there are not many. Not sure if it is DC or my internet connection^^

How is Sanda's name pronounced?

Is it pronounced like "Sand-ah", formed from the word "sand," maybe because they woke up in the desert? (pronounced also like: "Santa", "panda")
Or is it like "Saw-n-dah," as in "Sa-" pronounced like the word "saw".
Or is it pronounced like something else?

Edited by TailedThief

4 hours ago, Nine said:

Omg, if they are related to the moon then the werewolf in the game’s museum may be a hint to them!!

1 hour ago, TailedThief said:

How is Sanda's name pronounced?

I pronounced it "Sand-ah" (sort of like Sandra without the R)

Mostly because from the Holiday games, I pronounced the default name of Snowa as "Snow-ah"

Anyhow, I realized I'm a fool and while I influenced my new Halloween eggs, I forgot to incubate them...though I've decided to incubate two of them and leave the other four untouched (see if that honestly has any effect on the resulting hatchling [though I still lean towards SAlt glitch])

Well, I came in from work and caught 8 Omen eggs quite easily. Gone back for a few more and it's like trying to catch the christmas holly eggs when I first started here!  I very much doubt I'll get any eggs AP'd from this year!

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

Anyhow, I realized I'm a fool and while I influenced my new Halloween eggs, I forgot to incubate them...though I've decided to incubate two of them and leave the other four untouched (see if that honestly has any effect on the resulting hatchling [though I still lean towards SAlt glitch])

I incubated all and influenced half and all of my babies are orange.

Woah, hitting some major lag this morning. Trying to run a hatchery in the background and that seems to take forever to load, as well as the AP. 

I pronounce Sanda like 'Sand-ah', but I'm horrible at correctly guessing name pronunciations anyways so who knows. 

14 hours ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Slightly unrelated, but a thought occurred to me about the annual trick-or-treat hunts.  Has anyone ever thought to make a treat related to Pumpkin from Steven Universe.  I'd thought there had been one, but I don't see it for any of the past years' treats. 

I suppose having a Pumpkin sprite violate copyright rules.  Still, I could have sworn I'd seen one on DC.

I don't think there's been one (unless I don't have it), but can't imagine there would be a problem with someone submitting it among the trick-or-treat sprites next year! This year we got Napstablook from Undertale, the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, and a little purple guy from Among Us, probably among other pop culture references I don't recognize, and we've had others in previous year's treats.

5 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

I pronounced it "Sand-ah" (sort of like Sandra without the R)

Mostly because from the Holiday games, I pronounced the default name of Snowa as "Snow-ah"

My thoughts exactly. Sanda in the sandy desert, Snowa in the frozen north.... I'm sensing a theme here. :) (If there's ever a player character from a volcanic region, they'll have to be named Lavaa!)

I don/t know if anyone pointed this out yet, sorting wise, they are right after Pipio Pygmies. So they start with P. I didn't notice the color changing. That's pretty cool. ^^

WB

3 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I don/t know if anyone pointed this out yet, sorting wise, they are right after Pipio Pygmies. So they start with P. I didn't notice the color changing. That's pretty cool. ^^

WB

After Pipio but before Plated Colossus. So their name falls somewhere between being Pip-something to Plas-something.