TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

37 minutes ago, Shebainu said:

I've been out of it all day with food poisoning and now I'm left wondering if the Halloween eggs drops have stopped? Did they start at 9 pm EST? I live on PST so we have a 3 hours difference from you. Don't tell me I missed it! I'll have to get myself over to Trading to see what I can do about it.

They went from midnight to midnight EST. 

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

They went from midnight to midnight EST. 

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I'm trying to see if I can make any trades for any of my hatchlings.

Late, but still. Happy Halloween! And thank you, guys, for the quest! I didn't get it from the first time, but figured it out late this night. And new dragons are lovely!

Oh the colors are actually changing are they?

Going to see some nice pairings with stratos and spirit ward.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:08 AM, TJ09 said:
In addition, anyone who participated in the Valkemarian Tales event but did not complete it will receive a participatory badge after the event is done.

Just noticed the badge on my scroll - thank you so much! :wub: What a relief this is! I am a completionist and so it's always important for me to obtain an event badge, but especially for Halloween, which has always been my favourite DC event. So happy that the 10-year chain of badges didn't get broken! :D

29 minutes ago, Sashimi said:

Going to see some nice pairings with stratos and spirit ward.

They are! That’s interesting.

27 minutes ago, Sashimi said:

I hope that's the case and not just a mistake of which sprites to use.

I like orange, but I thought the blue ones made such a cool contrast to what the eggs looked like, and we don't really have any majorly blue-green coloured Halloweens yet.

It seems kinda weird to me that all the festivities related to a Halloween event basically end on the day after it, having been hosted for a week prior to the holiday date itself. Wouldn't it be better received to start the week on the holiday itself for those who are more casual players, and who are reminded of this site when said dates roll around?

For everyone who missed out, keep an eye on the AP. There's usually a flood of new releases towards the end of the Halloween wall and you can pick them up then. The AP is currently on October 27.

Thank you for the new dragons. 

And thank you, TJ, for giving a badge to those who took part in the 'game' even if we couldn't finish it. I really appreciate that.

6 hours ago, Duysterwald said:

Just noticed the badge on my scroll - thank you so much! :wub: What a relief this is! I am a completionist and so it's always important for me to obtain an event badge, but especially for Halloween, which has always been my favourite DC event. So happy that the 10-year chain of badges didn't get broken! :D

And it's the same pumpkin the finishers got with a very slight difference to the eye. Nice touch!

Managed to grab 3 eggs and all tricks and treats I ever missed during "hiatus" years except the 2010 and 2012 ones. All in all this was an outstanding event.

I hope this trend will continue, being able to get past tricks and treats as well as egg basket ones during the festival of eggs. It's nice to get another shot at old ones after nabbing every new one.

So fun!  TJ's hatchies have neat codes.  :)

I completed the game, so I wasn't worried on the badge front, but I hope past trick-or-treats make an appearance next year, too!  I didn't manage to catch them all this year, I don't think. 

Looking forward to seeing what the eggs grow up into (I only got six this year, because I had two bred eggs from the day before I wasn't willing to toss)!  The shells reminded me a lot of Howler drakes, so it'll be interesting to see if the adults do, too.  Right now the hatchies remind me more of Brutes, so if the colors hold true, that might be a good cross to try next year... 

(Psst!  For those of you who missed the new release... check the AP frequently!  I dumped a couple rounds of new-release catches in there before picking up a batch to keep, and I'm usually not the only one who does this.)  ;)

Edited by sorenna

14 hours ago, Rypnami said:

egg locked :(

ALSO.

the mini game is glitchyyy I am never gonna be able to beat it. It gives me damn near a seizure every time I play. Disappointing. 

Seriously big sad.

Aww that sucks. Sorry to hear that! That's really unusual. It's not supposed to do that.

I hope you didn't actually get a seizure! I hope you got the participation badge at least.

7 hours ago, Thaliel said:

aw shoot, I missed them

6 hours ago, Hisa said:

Frick, I missed them too..

3 hours ago, Zilverwing said:

Noo! I missed getting these!

Hey you guys! Keep an eye on the AP! People throw CB eggs into the AP for people to catch. You may get some there.

*checks AP*

OH GEEZ! The eggs are at 2 days and 8 hours! Minus that from 7 days and that is 4 days and 16 hours back! They are from about October 27 at 7 PM-ish.

The most recent eggs were laid/caught at 10/31 11:59 PM. The are at about 6 days and 10-11 hours-ish? 

If the AP stays at 2 days and 8 hours, the last eggs should show up around Nov 5... only if we can keep picking up eggs to keep the times the same.

29 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

*checks AP*

OH GEEZ! The eggs are at 2 days and 8 hours! Minus that from 7 days and that is 4 days and 16 hours back! They are from about October 27 at 7 PM-ish.

The most recent eggs were laid/caught at 10/31 11:59 PM. The are at about 6 days and 10-11 hours-ish? 

If the AP stays at 2 days and 8 hours, the last eggs should show up around Nov 5... only if we can keep picking up eggs to keep the times the same.

Gosh, that'll be quite a task - most people are egglocked right now!

I see... a somewhat skeletal head... deep-sunken red eye... curled ram's-horn... and it's feisty and stubborn?  Maybe like a devil/demon idea?  With either red or blue flame hues?

Also missed them, first time in years..been so busy at work I would just come home and go to sleep.

Here's hoping I find one in the AP or wait for next year 😭

A lovely person was gifting them in trade, check there if you are struggling to find one!

Thank you to the gifted ^^

Edited by Taerar

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

*checks AP*

I'm manually placing eggs by code on Silvi's Lair so they can hatch or at least get more clicks when still in the AP, if anyone wants to join me feel free lol

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

I believe the Halloween wall lasted until Nov. 6 last year, although I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I believe the Halloween wall lasted until Nov. 6 last year, although I could be wrong.

According to my notes, the Halloween hatchie wall started at 8:30 pm cave time on the 6th (so that was when all the eggs were gone), then there were ER hatchies for around 15 minutes, and I guess then I went to bed because it was in the middle of the night for me.  XD So I don't know how long the non-ER Halloween hatchie wall lasted, but a few hours later it was gone.