TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

so i love that once the new treats have been gathered we get to gather older ones. i really love that. but.... i'm wondering why some years where i remember collecting them all then because i checked it off and had  full 24 hours of no treats showing up before the new egg dropped lol. 

but suddenly these older treats are showing up and getting added to that year. i missed a few in 2018, i had a internet crash and cellphone crash at the same time so i missed some of those. but i know i collected all of 2016 and 2014 yet the "old release treats" are now being added to those baskets after 2018 caught up... 

are we getting new unreleased treats from older years or something? or they all showing up and being "Added" but not really adding? is it just me? 

i know i'm currently sick but my brain isn't that befuddled.... i think.

Anyone have a guess for what dragon corresponds to each rune?

The orange and green runes are easy as their busts were present in the game. (Desipis and Arcana, respectively.)

(- For some reason, I keep calling Arcanas Witchlights, and vice versa. Maybe because they are both purple?)

But what about the gold and white runes? My best guess are Caligene (because of the marking on the "dogs", the overall color scheme of the associated rooms, and the Egyptian influences on the ruins in general) and Shadow Walker (which I based on the color scheme of the rooms where we first find the rune, and the fog that is present), respectively.

I'm not sure about the white rune though...

I still want the Pseudowyvern sprite. It's cute!

Edit: The goats are also really cute...It bothers me that they say "Baah" instead of "Maah." 

Edited by Shokomon

I managed to get a pair of CB Halloweens from every year I missed! Which... The only CBs I had were shadow walkers, so it was a lot 😆 Such beautiful dragons, and I'm so glad that we get the opportunity to hunt for CBs of older breeds now! It's definitely made coming back after nearly a decade away much, much more fun. 

I can't figure out the maze. Is there a specific route to follow? It's the only puzzle I still need to do and the wiki isn't helping.

Nevermind, just figured it out.

Edited by Dame_Jedi

Argh.  I haven't bred the holidaykin from my CB Shimmer yet.  With the AP already at 3d 18h, I feel like when I pick the egg I am keeping, I'm going to be sentencing her siblings to death. 😳

I'm confused. I entered the Big Dark, after solving the rune puzzle, but now i'm doing the cauldron puzzle again. Is the solution the same?

6 minutes ago, Aniia said:

I'm confused. I entered the Big Dark, after solving the rune puzzle, but now i'm doing the cauldron puzzle again. Is the solution the same?

Spoiler

It's a different riddle––the temple reprises in the Lost City are the same mechanics but slightly different, typically.

1 hour ago, Dame_Jedi said:

I can't figure out the maze. Is there a specific route to follow? It's the only puzzle I still need to do and the wiki isn't helping.

Nevermind, just figured it out.

I have been trying to figure this out for two days, and the guards keep finding me with an "uh oh.."

When I start the maze, which path should I take? 

In other words,  HELP!!!

11 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

I have been trying to figure this out for two days, and the guards keep finding me with an "uh oh.."

When I start the maze, which path should I take? 

In other words,  HELP!!!

Are you in the first maze or the second maze?  In the first, instead of going left or right there's a path almost straight up, which after various avoidances and waiting for the one at the end to turn around will lead you to the door.  

In the second, I think the solution went right from the entry...I didn't spend as long on that one and I'm not sure I remember the details.  

Good luck with both! 

1 hour ago, Alex Chessmaster said:

Anyone know how long the game takes to get through?

If you know everything and don't do any extra sightseeing/talking to people you can do it in about 30 mins. 

1 hour ago, yorisearching said:

Are you in the first maze or the second maze?  In the first, instead of going left or right there's a path almost straight up, which after various avoidances and waiting for the one at the end to turn around will lead you to the door.  

Good luck with both! 

Thank you. After about a dozen tries, I finally figured out to remember to take the second right on the long upward pathway

there seems to be some kinda glitch in the big dark?

my character got stuck in the top right section of the first area inside it when i went to talk to stella

2 hours ago, Alex Chessmaster said:

Anyone know how long the game takes to get through?

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

If you know everything and don't do any extra sightseeing/talking to people you can do it in about 30 mins. 

On the other hand, some people have spent hours on just one of the puzzles.... But if you 'cheat' using the wiki for the puzzles they don't take as long. (Also depends greatly on your browser/computer, at times my character moved so horribly slow it took several minutes just to walk across the screen...)

Finished the game! Afterwards, I found a treat from 2016 and when I looked it appeared I had not collected any of them! And I don't remember why!

59 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

On the other hand, some people have spent hours on just one of the puzzles.... But if you 'cheat' using the wiki for the puzzles they don't take as long. (Also depends greatly on your browser/computer, at times my character moved so horribly slow it took several minutes just to walk across the screen...)

I mean, my phone is not great for this (but unfortunately my cats surfed my computer clear off the table and it's in pieces*). 30 mins was my second run though cause I was checking a few smaller things. It was basically a speed run. Even with cheats from the wiki the first took much longer, but I did try to talk to everyone/see everything too. 

*Pretty sure I've got everyone beat on problems with this game. Bet no one else's computer literally exploded while attempting. Lol

Edited by DragonLady86

Just realized that the Fossil treat its a nod to the Helix Fossil from Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Praise the Helix to whoever created it :D

4 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Anyone have a guess for what dragon corresponds to each rune?

The orange and green runes are easy as their busts were present in the game. (Desipis and Arcana, respectively.)

(- For some reason, I keep calling Arcanas Witchlights, and vice versa. Maybe because they are both purple?)

But what about the gold and white runes? My best guess are Caligene (because of the marking on the "dogs", the overall color scheme of the associated rooms, and the Egyptian influences on the ruins in general) and Shadow Walker (which I based on the color scheme of the rooms where we first find the rune, and the fog that is present), respectively.

I'm not sure about the white rune though...

I think the brown-and-yellow is caligene. The colours are correct, and the "friends" look a lot like s1 caligenes, plus-or-minus the tails. Plus, there are a few moth motifs, and I recall reading that caligenes are based on the death's-head moth.

For the white rune, it's either shadow-walker or omen. The purplishness makes me think omen, but the swirly pattern and fog would suggest shadow walker. The four gem colours in that room seem to correspond to the dragons, too. Orange is desipis, obviously. The orb some have been calling "white" to me looks green, so arcana (their magic is green). The "red" / black orb seemed caligene-like to me, and the blue/purple orb ... again, could be omen fire or shadow walker ectoplasm.

3 hours ago, SandstormL said:

I really can't stand the door puzzle and I can't figure it out... ugh...

The Wiki has a very simple and quick sollution if you want to just get over it^^

Just finished the game, and I'm so impressed and grateful for everyone who took the time to put it together. It must have been a lot of work. It's very cute, the dialogue is great, and I love the story. You guys did such a great job! I'm excited to focus on the Halloween event now :)

:)  Just finished the game (as Rider)!  I actually lost track of time and didn't realize the event had started until I hopped on yesterday.  I was able to get through the game in a few hours thanks to some guides by previous players.  

When it asks if I want to play again, if I say no, and then change my mind later to wanting to play again; Will it let me start a new game?  And I read something about badges.  Do I still get the badge if I say I want to play the game again?

Thank you for the help!  ^_^