TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

11 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I can't seem to figure out the second potion puzzle. Is there a solution for that? ;~;

I have the same problem. I even checked the solution on the wiki. But nothing happens after throwing the ingredients in. Must I do something else?

Ah, someone suggested refreshing... I'll do that, thanks.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

9 hours ago, Nakeisha said:

I agree with you; it is very disappointing. I've tried hard, but I simply can't do this type of game, so I won't be getting the badge - it will be the first I've missed too :( 

is it the puzzles that were hard? or was is it because you can't run the game?

i'll gladly help you out with if you need anything.

57 minutes ago, Viirin said:

When can we start trying to raise zombies?

As soon as the new Halloweens start dropping, so very shortly after midnight cave time.

Also, technically you can make zombies at any time of the year--Halloween just has the best odds. The 31st of other months also has higher odds, but not as good as Halloween.

I got the new treats, plus the ones from this year I apparently had missed. Now I am getting the old, old ones.

But I do have a question, and pardon if this probably could have been answered elsewhere. Why was the 2011 Halloween Trick or Treat event skipped? you have 2010 and then it picked back up in 2012.

And I am replaying the game only for the graphics now. I really love the Egyptian and Roman/Greek statues, especially the ones decorated with gold and jewels. 

7 hours ago, Zephrana said:

I can't believe my tiny mothman made the cut for treats!! He was one of the last ones I found for this year and I was so surprised to see him ;o; !!!!

7vt3s2.png

So it is mothman! I thought so but wasn't certain because I haven't heard anything about that in a long time. 

@Pixxelation Thanks for explaining how the soundtrack was made! That's really interesting, we usually get info on new breeds and treats and etc etc but this is the first time I've seen information on how the *music* was made. It's really cool that the boss music was kind of an accident.

Clarification question: Will the event game end midnight the 31st or will we still be able to play on the 1st? The OP says 'through November 1', which sounds like we can play until the end of the 1st, but that would make it 8 days instead of the normal 7 so I want to make sure?

OMG! Being able to collect all the treats that I was missing from previous years has been so good for my mental health XD❤️ Thank you TJ :D 

@Firebirdwyvern I started playing in 2011 and that years there wasnt a trick or treat event, the reason I dont know, but I found this info on the wiki that confirms it was skipped that year.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Trick_or_Treat

Edited by Elery.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:40 PM, Teez said:

For the rune tile grid, you don't need them all to be orange specifically; they just all need to be the same rune.

If the method on the wiki didn't help, let me see if I can rephrase the way I solved it.

Reveal hidden contents

Rune Tile (Alt) Guide:

When you click on the runes, they cycle through each rune in a certain order. The sequence goes like this:
1. yellow
2. white
3. green
4. orange

Pick one of the runes and call it "1". Number the rest of the runes in the order in which they change.
(It doesn't matter which rune you call "1" as long as the rest are numbered in the correct sequence. I picked yellow as 1, so for me, white is 2. If I picked orange as 1, then yellow would be 2, and so on.)

The puzzle can be completed in two rounds.
With this method, each round has "on" and "off" runes. We are only concerned with the "on" runes.
The end goal is to (eventually) get all of the runes to be the same rune.

For round one, consider runes 1 and 3 as "on," and runes 2 and 4 as "off."

Start at the leftmost rune of the top row.
Consider each rune individually as you move to the right.
If the rune is an "off" rune (2 or 4 this round), leave it alone. Move to the next rune.
If the rune you are looking at is an "on" rune (1 or 3 this round), click it ONCE and move to the next. Do not go back; do not click anything to the left of your current rune. Only move to the right of your current row.
When you are done with that row, move to the leftmost rune of the second row from the top, and repeat, as though reading. Do this for the rest of the rows.
When you reach the last rune of the bottom row, start from the leftmost rune of the top again. As long as you have "on" runes left, repeat this process.

Eventually, all of your runes will be your "off" runes (2 and 4).

Time for round two. This time, consider 2 your sole "on" rune and 4 your sole "off" rune.

There is one important difference between round one and round two.

Like before, start at the leftmost rune of the top row, and consider each rune individually.
If the rune is "off" (4), then as before, leave it alone and move to the next.
Unlike before, if the rune is "on" (2), then this time click that rune TWICE. (It is necessary to make sure the puzzle has only runes 2 and 4. If you only click it once, it will reintroduce the other colors, and we don't want that!)
As before, once you have clicked a specific rune (twice for each "on" rune this time), move on. Do not click anything to the left of your current rune.
As before, when you reach the last rune of the bottom row, start from the leftmost rune of the top row again.

If you repeat these steps, eventually, all of your runes will be "off" (rune 4), and the puzzle will be solved.

Everybody thinks about puzzles in different ways. I don't know if this will make any more sense than before, but I hope it helps!

Thank you so much!!! This really helped.

26 minutes ago, Drshadowcipher said:

I am having an issue with the Halloween game thing. This is my first year and I'd hate to miss this.

FLASHING SCREEN WARNING

-Video that needs looked at-

You might trying pinging TJ in the help thread: he fixed a big issue I had and a few others. He likely won't see it in this huge thread !

I hope we'll get a chance to gather treats from past years next year. I didn't realise that was an option

33 minutes ago, Drshadowcipher said:

I am having an issue with the Halloween game thing. This is my first year and I'd hate to miss this.

FLASHING SCREEN WARNING

-Video that needs looked at-

It looks like your computer is struggling to keep up with the game; it seems to be rendering at a really low frame rate. Have you tried clicking the menu in the top right and lowering effects quality to the lowest setting? If that doesn't help, you may need to try logging on through a different device.

The wiki page has a perfect fix to the rune puzzle,

3, 1, -, 3

-, 3, 2, -

-, 2, 3, -

3, -, 1, 3 

The second cauldron is also wiki worthy, thats some really obtuse clues guys! 

Sorry, can't work out how to do hidden stuff, but if anyone is stuck lemme know. 

The orb puzzle can be solved in less than 4 goes each time. Start with 4 of one colour, work from there ;)

The door puzzle can be done 1st time everytime once you work out the symbols on the 6 squares. The yellow marks in the floor don't add to the answer.

1= first room 

1, Diamond, 2 skewed diamond, 3 diamond with hole, 4 skewed diamond with hole

Attack the zith, attack attack attack 

(Thanks guys, loved it, only 35 treats to go for a 2010-2020 full set, and still haven't bred Holi!!) 

Xx 

12 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

I hope we'll get a chance to gather treats from past years next year. I didn't realise that was an option

Same. Apparently I've got everything from 2015 and up...but missed a ton from 2014 (that's all I've been finding after a few from 2016).

45 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Clarification question: Will the event game end midnight the 31st or will we still be able to play on the 1st? The OP says 'through November 1', which sounds like we can play until the end of the 1st, but that would make it 8 days instead of the normal 7 so I want to make sure?

Should be the end of the 31st.

What is up with the pink Female and blue Male signs next to the dragons? May I convey how much my hatred is for that? I love the color blue, but am a woman, so I have to suffer with that Pepto Bismal pink next to my Female dragons? 

6 minutes ago, Rypnami said:

How will I know when I've collected all the treats?

If you mean all of This Year's treats...when you have 50 of them under the 2020 banner.

You used to be able to tell when no more treats spawned...but this year changed that with the option to now collect treats from year's past [these show up in descending order (so you'll find your missing 2019 treats, then 2018 treats, etc.)]

Once no more treats spawn at all, it means you have them all.

Edited by ShorahNagi
Correcting info

10 minutes ago, kzspot said:

What is up with the pink Female and blue Male signs next to the dragons? May I convey how much my hatred is for that? I love the color blue, but am a woman, so I have to suffer with that Pepto Bismal pink next to my Female dragons? 

My device displays those symbols both as text symbols and they're black?

15 minutes ago, kzspot said:

Device display glitch [try clearing cache and cookies] - never have had that happen on DC, but I've seen it on a few other sites and that's cleared it up

It seems to be happening a lot in this thread, so I'll pop in in general and say -

Please don't double-post, it's considered spam. If you have something additional to add and you're the last poster, please use the edit tool. Thank you! 😄

38 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

If you mean all of This Year's treats...when you have 50 of them under the 2020 banner.

You used to be able to tell when no more treats spawned...but this year changed that with the option to now collect treats from year's past [these show up in descending order (so you'll find your missing 2019 treats, then 2018 treats, etc.)]

Once no more treats spawn at all, it means you have them all.

Will old treats turn up under the past years' banners or under the 2020 banner?

Edit: Oh thanks! I just got a 2019 treat so figured it out lol

Edited by Rypnami

Just now, Rypnami said:

Will old treats turn up under the past years' banners or under the 2020 banner?

Under their own banners.

I'm loving getting the old treats!  I joined just a few years ago, so I was missing most of the years.  Thanks for this, TJ!

ETA:  and I just got my 2015 banner which I love!

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Some really beautiful spritework (loved the museum at the end, especially!). Avery is handsome as ever and Biscuits is a precious friend, yes  he is, yes he IS! Also appreciate being able to pet goats. Some nice music segments, too.

I do feel that the puzzles were a bit more obtuse than they needed to be (especially the door-related one), and I think the story raises more questions than answers. Did we get our memory back? Were WE a lich? How'd we end up in the desert? Who the heck is Stella? Does Indiana Jones also work for this museum? So many questions.

But goats. And Biscuit! Love a good Biscuit.