TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

3 minutes ago, Natakiro said:

I was more just saying I didn't even know it was still around

On Windows systems, it is, even if you don't see it. Just open the start menu and type iexplore ...

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

On Windows systems, it is, even if you don't see it. Just open the start menu and type iexplore ...

Oh man, that's hilarious that I never noticed it still kicking around - sneaky thing; learn something new every day XD I remember trying to purge it from my 7 before to no avail, either. 

Edited by Natakiro

I'm starting to feel like the only person who didn't get any major glitches playing the Valkemarian Tales adventure. I had only two crashes - once when I accidentally turned off javascript, and the other during the orb puzzle, when I interacted with the answer-altar while in a position where I could only get the interaction arrow while running. When the orb appeared in the slot, my character stopped running, then the game seized. I did not lose progress in either situation.

I enjoyed the game, though like many others I needed to look up help for the door and the second potion. I missed the correct clue on the desipis doors, but I somehow derived the correct combination from the random markings on the wall combined with the miscellaneous objects in the first set of rooms; then I saw the correct clue while searching for help with the rune lock puzzle to use on the second set of desipis doors.

I want to like the game, and it looks beautiful, but it's trying waaaaaaay too hard to be quirky and funny in every single line of text x_x Is there a reward of any sort for completing it?

Edited by FennecFyre

23 minutes ago, FennecFyre said:

I want to like the game, and it looks beautiful, but it's trying waaaaaaay too hard to be quirky and funny in every single line of text x_x Is there a reward of any sort for completing it?

You'll earn a badge for your scroll upon completing the game.

I've had some issues with the game, too--wouldn't work on mobile, and on my laptop, the items in the rooms (buildings, people, plants, etc.--everything except the background) is constantly flashing, enough so that it's giving me a headache. Turning down the graphics quality didn't help.

Edited by Splash

OMG Thank you so much for letting us collect old treats from years gone by... I know for the first time ever I missed some last year... I was so sad.  Thank you so much!

Loving all the new goodies!

6 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

As the last time you can breed a Halloween egg is the evening of 30th,

Oct 31st 11:59 p.m. cavetime is the last time you can breed.

The lowtime APs after holidays are always fun! :D

Adding the old treats was AMAZING! In 2016 I lost my internet for all of October. I had to go to a neighbors house to ask if I could use their computer, just to log onto DC and get one treat so Id at least have the banner xD and now I have them all!!! Thank you guys SO much! (and @spatio because the one treat I wanted more the most was the Xenomorph ❤️ and I finally have it! So thanks for making it lol!)

@bloodyneptune  I'm so glad you like the little dude!

I'm so bad about remembering to collect treats x_x I'm still slowly working through collecting 2018 

//looks at 2014 where I only collected 7 treats

//sob

I managed to collect all the ones from this years and the ones from 2010 (94 that year) because I wasn't on the DC back then, now I have them all :D

Edited by Little-Star

I have now collected just over half of 2010's treats...  I think that if I keep up at this rate, I may get them all before this is over...   

I want to be sure to thank everyone involved in making this Halloween event. While the game is not exactly my cup of tea I love the art, the music, and the writing that are involved. Another really great collection of Treats this year -- I'm sure I am missing all kinds of references there, but they all stand alone as fun items anyway -- so thanks to all who submitted them. And thanks to TJ for making it all possible.

I doubt that I will finish the game and I am disappointed that, for the first year ever, that means I will not get the badge. Finishing has never been required in the past for the badge. I do wish that could be changed to make it a true "participation" badge instead of a completion badge. Not everyone has the time or the patience to work their way through it, but I think that it should at least recognize those who try.

I just want to say how much I appreciate being able to collect past years' treats. I haven't been on DC as much as usual this year and did no zombie prep, I'm not even sure I'll breed all my Halloweens this year. Being able to work towards a goal of collecting not just this year's treats, but to also be able to fill out the past treats, lets me feel like I'm still celebrating the holiday. And it's something I know that many users have wanted for a long time.

I am disappointed to see from other comments that this year's badge requires completing the game, as I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it. Hopefully something will change, or I'll find a way to get through it (or better yet, both!)

Anyone happen to have any stats on what the AP times were like last year at this time? I'm getting a little concerned, I feel like they usually aren't under 4 days this early?? Hmm. Wondering if I should even breed the rest of my CBs to the AP this year. 

I have caved and accepted some low-gen non-messy Arcana and Kohraki babies onto my scroll, I'm not totally surprised at the lack of messy Kohrakis but the scarcity of Arcanas in general has surprised me this year. I feel like they were easier to get last year (in the AP, at least). 

Finally completed and got my badge!!!

Edited by acm1923

I’m completely lost. I feel like I’ve been wondering around this area for an hour now. I’ve completed the second cauldron. I got a cackle and did it again just to make sure. I see I have a mushroom (I think it’s a mushroom). I feel like I’ve clicked everything. I feel like mirror (?) is the answer but it’s not doing anything. I’m using an iPhone as it’s already difficult to do this game. Help please. 

99852AD7-9180-44DF-AEA9-1E25DA8EF9B2.png

19 hours ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Hopefully they'll bring back the ability to get older-years treats next year too. Dragcave has been really great about being available to new players in recent years, because otherwise new players would have 0 chance of having anywhere close to the same experience as veteran players. There's still stuff they can never get, obviously, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing? At least, to me at least- for trick o treats or easter eggs I think they def should be something people have a chance at trying for, whereas something like the April fools badge was definitely a "you had to be there" kinda thing.

I completely agree !!!

I love being a criminal this time haha. Such cool art in the first post too!

Is there any way to undo influence besides abandoning? I'm tired and messed up. >_<

Edited by cbussiere

Anyone else having trouble with the second Cauldron puzzle after the gate is opened? I followed the wiki's listing of ingredient orders and got nothing. 

13 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Is there any way to undo influence besides abandoning? I'm tired and messed up. >_<

You can teleport it. I've sent you a PM.

1 hour ago, Doll_81 said:

I’m completely lost. I feel like I’ve been wondering around this area for an hour now. I’ve completed the second cauldron. I got a cackle and did it again just to make sure. I see I have a mushroom (I think it’s a mushroom). I feel like I’ve clicked everything. I feel like mirror (?) is the answer but it’s not doing anything. I’m using an iPhone as it’s already difficult to do this game. Help please. 

99852AD7-9180-44DF-AEA9-1E25DA8EF9B2.png

Shaking violently means the order is wrong. You want a gleeful comment. If you got that one you shouldn't be able to do it a second time the ingredients room wont be there. 

Once you do it keep going up till you find Biscuits then go left.

@Drakelina did you copy the ingredient list at the top or the solution which is further down.

Jester Venom (First, the deadliest)

Sacred Leaf (Must be even)

Azure Scale (Dragon rests in the middle)

Cinna Root (Must be even, red is a "parent" to orange)

Puffball (Yellow is a "parent" to orange)

Sun Blossom (Last, the loveliest)

Edited by DragonLady86