TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

20 minutes ago, LinnahSandler said:

The Zombie Dog puzzle is so hard.  I keep getting caught just before the exit.  The Zombie Dog that caught me a million times is the one that doesn't move at all, just switches back and forth at the corner turn.  Unless I did make a wrong turn and there is another route going to the exit.

If you're in the right place, try sprinting past it. Wait for it to flip the other way, then immediately run.

Took me 6 hours and I ran my tablet down to 29%, but I got through the whole game in one fell swoop.

And i only needed to get treats from the first year so I'm done. I wonder if they'll do this at Easter for the eggs

48 minutes ago, LinnahSandler said:

The Zombie Dog puzzle is so hard.  I keep getting caught just before the exit.  The Zombie Dog that caught me a million times is the one that doesn't move at all, just switches back and forth at the corner turn.  Unless I did make a wrong turn and there is another route going to the exit.

You can edge right up to it, wait for it to turn then go. :)

I have done it, collecting ALL 94 treats for the 2010 collection...

Thank you for the opportunity, all who were involved...

I still need to get 123 more treats, most of the 2010 collection. Ugh, and I'm busy setting up the kits for the PTA event tomorrow.

I bust my butt every year to get all the treats/eggs so I only needed the new ones. No less happy to see all the old ones come back for others. That's a heck of a lot of sprite work so many were missing out on. :3

17 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I still need to get 123 more treats, most of the 2010 collection. Ugh, and I'm busy setting up the kits for the PTA event tomorrow.

a suggestion...  Get what you can this year and possibly next year you can get the rest... Achieve what you can and do not fret about what you cannot...  There may be other opportunities...

7 hours ago, Aizaka said:

When it asks if I want to play again, if I say no, and then change my mind later to wanting to play again; Will it let me start a new game?  And I read something about badges.  Do I still get the badge if I say I want to play the game again?

Thank you for the help!  ^_^ 

Thought I'd ask..

Did anyone else talk to "Randi" by the museum?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi

Rest in peace to this amazing magician and educator.

9 minutes ago, Aizaka said:

Thought I'd ask..

You get the badge for completing the game. You do not lose it if you play again 

7 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

You get the badge for completing the game. You do not lose it if you play again 

:)  Thank you!

8 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I mean, my phone is not great for this (but unfortunately my cats surfed my computer clear off the table and it's in pieces*). 30 mins was my second run though cause I was checking a few smaller things. It was basically a speed run. Even with cheats from the wiki the first took much longer, but I did try to talk to everyone/see everything too. 

*Pretty sure I've got everyone beat on problems with this game. Bet no one else's computer literally exploded while attempting. Lol

... I'm sorry, I'm sure it wasn't funny when it happened, but you just totally made me snort-laugh! I have this image in my head of cats just yeeting a computer across the room and omg. 😄

Looking at some of these posts, I actually kind of want to do the maze part again just to get caught? I didn't get caught once either time, I actually wondered at first if you *could* get caught because it felt like I was within the guard's light multiple times but nothing happened. 

27 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

... I'm sorry, I'm sure it wasn't funny when it happened, but you just totally made me snort-laugh! I have this image in my head of cats just yeeting a computer across the room and omg. 😄

Looking at some of these posts, I actually kind of want to do the maze part again just to get caught? I didn't get caught once either time, I actually wondered at first if you *could* get caught because it felt like I was within the guard's light multiple times but nothing happened. 

Is kinda funny, now. At the time no. She's not supposed to be on the table or the computer tower, but wants to sit close. She took a flying leap to not be on the table but the landing was not so graceful. Lol.

Sometimes they'd walk right up to me and even push me back into walls. So yes, it was possible to be in the lights and not caught. If you hug the walls this seems to happen more often, where you're just in a blind spot.

17 hours ago, Doll_81 said:

If your on the second cauldron. It’s not only about the order in which you put them in but also in which you pick them up. Pick them up in the order they go in the cauldron. This was nerve wracking for me and took me hours to figure out. 

This is unnecessarily frustrating, I hope it's a bug not just bad game design.

I actually tried picking them up again in the right order and it made no difference (maybe because the grayed out items would remain in the 'wrong order').So I had the idea of refreshing the game page, and then it worked. So if anyone has that problem, it might help to refresh before picking them up again in the correct order. I'd also double check that you read all the scrolls in the room just in case that could be limiting anything as well.

I would think you would want either reset or finish the wrong combo instead adding some and realizing you made a mistake. You cant get more ingredients and add them too, the cauldron is still on the same try. You have to clear it out.

2 hours ago, Nayelianne said:

This is unnecessarily frustrating, I hope it's a bug not just bad game design.

I actually tried picking them up again in the right order and it made no difference (maybe because the grayed out items would remain in the 'wrong order').So I had the idea of refreshing the game page, and then it worked. So if anyone has that problem, it might help to refresh before picking them up again in the correct order. I'd also double check that you read all the scrolls in the room just in case that could be limiting anything as well.

It is possible that you got caught in the same incorrectly saved data that TJ just fixed after I had been stuck for days (literally).

The orb puzzle took me so long because I didn't realize you could use the same orb multiple times. XD Was so confused by the seemingly impossible solution, thought I was misunderstanding the dots...

HI, I am at that temple and have only 4 of these disks populated. NO idea how to get all other to populate?

Any help please, also where is wiki page for this game with helps and hints please? Thank you!

10 minutes ago, XiziX said:

Do I HAVE to play the game to get the badge? ._.

yup! and you have to finish the game too

1 minute ago, Corseiss said:

yup! and you have to finish the game too

Sigh.. I don't like these kinds of games. Sucks.

1 hour ago, XiziX said:

Do I HAVE to play the game to get the badge? ._.

It appears that you need to finish. This has never been the case before and I am disappointed. @TJ09, is this intended? Always before if we played at all we could get the badge. This will be the first badge I have missed in all my years of DC. I have spent hours already (even with all the cheats and tips) and am only about half way through, I think. This is not fun!