TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

The treats stopped dropping for me it seems, it's been like and hour since I got the last one, so maybe I have every treat now.

But how can I know for sure? Is there some sort of database so I can compare?

on the DC Wiki there is a page that links to all the past Trick Or Treat events. You could check your scroll against each year.

Four years worth of treats later, and the completist in me is happy. :D 

By the way....what does 'Sanda' look like under that hood. There is one kid in town that asks you to remove it and if you do he freaks out. So is Sanda a zombie or something?

Despite being a member for years, I still am confused about Holidays and egg limits. When the new Halloween derg drops, is the egg limit ignored, allowing you to grab 2 eggs no matter what?

Can't believe I actually finished the Tales... Tbh I miss Snowa :)

This game would be impossible to complete without Wiki page I found.

Anyway wish to have egg limit somehow changed around the events perhaps Platinum 8 could go up during the events..

@Joya You could just edit one of your posts to include the information from both.  (You can then hide the other post by going up in the top-right corner of your post, there's a little "options" button, click that and a dropdown with the "hide" option should appear.)

@totakekeslider:

They still take eggslots, and you can't have more eggs than you have eggslots.

Christmas and V-day dragons have a maximum of 2 CBs allowed per person.  Even if you have room for more eggs on your scroll and click all of the eggs really fast, DC won't let you pick up more than two.

CB Halloween dragons are limited only by how many eggslots you have and how fast you can click.  (Or how effectively you can trade, or whatever).  This is because Halloween is supposedly about grabbing as much as you can for yourself, while Christmas and V-day are about giving.

None of the events guarantee that you will get CBs.  They only make them available as an option to players with room for them.

There are usually players who make a point of catching and releasing as many CBs of the new holiday as they can (especially for Halloween), and holiday dragons are now available in the special holiday biome every subsequent year, so if you fail to get CBs of the new dragon this year, you haven't lost your only chance at them.  However, it will still probably be easiest, if you can manage it, to simply grab yours during the initial release.

@pilauli I appreciate your in-depth response! That makes sense, and I get why I was confused before, with the holidays having different rules. Have a good one!

Hello all!

I made a mistake in the second cauldron puzzle and then checked the answers... Now I have twice added all the proper ingredients in the proper order (as listed in this thread and the wiki), however, I cannot pass further... I have very limited RL time and I need to get the participation badge. Any swift help is appreciated!

Will the game be uploaded anywhere after the holiday? Also is tomorrow the last day? Been busy and haven’t been able to play.

Back out of the room and then enter again and collect again..... This is the order: some people have accidentally done the order that is the list of stuff you can collect, not the solution.

Spoiler

Jester Venom (First, the deadliest)

Sacred Leaf (Must be even)

Azure Scale (Dragon rests in the middle)

Cinna Root (Must be even, red is a "parent" to orange)

Puffball (Yellow is a "parent" to orange)

Sun Blossom (Last, the loveliest)

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Back out of the room and then enter again and collect again..... This is the order: some people have accidentally done the order that is the list of stuff you can collect, not the solution.

Hide contents

I have left the room, returned again, gather them, placed them and it still won't budge. 😕

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

on the DC Wiki there is a page that links to all the past Trick Or Treat events. You could check your scroll against each year.

I'll check it out, thanks!

3 minutes ago, evinin said:

I have left the room, returned again, gather them, placed them and it still won't budge. 😕

Refreshing the page before starting to collect again has helped a couple of people on this.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Refreshing the page before starting to collect again has helped a couple of people on this.

Thanks! This helped! I hope I'll have the time to finish all the puzzles.

Some Valkemarian Tales: The Lost City music fun facts:

• I wrote all of it in Finale (a program I use a lot in school for musical theatre writing), and then mixed and produced it with the 90-day free trial of Logic Pro X. Free trials, woo!
  • The boss music, I couldn't have actually created intentionally if I wanted to. When I was mixing the Cave music, for some reason, any time I relaunched Logic, reopened the file, or changed the audio output, the celesta (the high-pitched bell-type sound) was sounding an octave lower than written with all those chaotic-sounding glitch noises. I shared it with some people working on the event and @Marrionetta suggested putting hip-hop beats on it, so I isolated the glitched part, threw some loops under it, and wrote it into the soundtrack because it somehow...just worked.
  • You only get to hear it once, but the Desert and Town tracks are set to blend from one into the other when you directly transition between the areas.
  • For the Sanctum music, I had to write out the celesta part from the Temple theme backward so that when I reversed it in Logic, the pitch pattern would be correct. It's otherwise unchanged from the Temple music––adds an extra degree of Halloween spookiness when you finish each temple.
  • My favorite tracks are the Lost City and Mountain themes.

Alrighty, a couple of people have already revealed their treats, so now I'll reveal mine.

t5ri4n.gif

This is my treat. It was inspired by an undead-like owl character called Shriek (to elaborate, I liked her bony skull and glowing eyes and mouth), from a video game called Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I would talk about Shriek more, but I'm afraid some of it is going to be spoiler territory - though I'm pretty sure I can say that I like Shriek and love the game she's from. The entire thing is a masterpiece.

I have completed the treats collection and I'm jazzed about it, thanks for releasing them all! 

18 hours ago, ADN6 said:

I actually got a random 2010 one in the middle of the other years I missed. I'm still not done with 2014 so I think it's possible to get at least one 2010 treat before completing the other years. 

How strange. Mine dropped exactly as I said - recent years first, then slowly working backwards, always finishing one year before treats from previous years started appearing.

53 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

Alrighty, a couple of people have already revealed their treats, so now I'll reveal mine.

t5ri4n.gif

This is my treat. It was inspired by an undead-like owl character called Shriek (to elaborate, I liked her bony skull and glowing eyes and mouth), from a video game called Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I would talk about Shriek more, but I'm afraid some of it is going to be spoiler territory - though I'm pretty sure I can say that I like Shriek and love the game she's from. The entire thing is a masterpiece.

You should put that in the Event Token Database thread here, if you don't mind! :D

Just finished the story! I thought it would be really hard from reading the replies here, but it was not so bad - for the most part, the temple puzzles were not that hard to figure out and I almost beat the boss on my first try (I got him down to low health but I had whiffed earlier on in the fight, and did it on the second try). I only really had a bit of trouble with the second cauldron and went to look up the answer, and even so it turned out I was already getting the cauldron part mostly right except for two ingredients that only needed to have their places switched. The rune puzzle also isn't a kind I'm personally well versed in, so looking up the solution for that was not much of an experience spoiler.

11 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I can't seem to figure out the second potion puzzle. Is there a solution for that? ;~;

I have the same problem. I even checked the solution on the wiki. But nothing happens after throwing the ingredients in. Must I do something else?

Ah, someone suggested refreshing... I'll do that, thanks.

Edited by Fly-by-Night