TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

5 hours ago, Xathoa said:

... Halp? please... I got stuck and now it won't continue at all. :<
I've tried resetting it, reloading it, and whatnot. But it just wont budge.

DragCave2020HalloGlitch.png

edit: for context;
I did the puzzle by matching all the images to one pattern. But... nothing happens. I get to this, and it all stays still. Like, I can still move around and do the puzzle, and cancel to walk and talk. But nothing triggers. It doesn't recognise that I've finished the puzzle.

I have the same problem... I tried to clear cookies and cache, redo the quests in a different order, doing the puzzle a few times in a row, leaving a completed puzzle for some time in hope that the game will catch on at some point - and still nothing... :(

2 hours ago, Morphie said:

But... what if they don't have a vampire to use the bite BSA on?

Two ways:

Trade or gift of an egg.

Or -- Vampires have a unique mechanism that sometimes when they bite an egg and it turns to a Vampire egg, the other dragons on their scroll will throw the egg away (so it ends up in the AP for someone else to catch.)

5 hours ago, Xathoa said:

... Halp? please... I got stuck and now it won't continue at all. :<
I've tried resetting it, reloading it, and whatnot. But it just wont budge.

DragCave2020HalloGlitch.png

edit: for context;
I did the puzzle by matching all the images to one pattern. But... nothing happens. I get to this, and it all stays still. Like, I can still move around and do the puzzle, and cancel to walk and talk. But nothing triggers. It doesn't recognise that I've finished the puzzle.

7 minutes ago, Auriene said:

I have the same problem... I tried to clear cookies and cache, redo the quests in a different order, doing the puzzle a few times in a row, leaving a completed puzzle for some time in hope that the game will catch on at some point - and still nothing... :(

This happened to me. I found that clicking the top row again and resolving the puzzle after finishing it triggered the event.

---

On a different note, I HAVE COMPLETED THE EVENT!

Thank you to everyone involved! The game was lovely, even if the puzzles were frustrating. Especially the rune and door puzzles. I had to cheat a bit for the Rune puzzle and look up how to solve it. The door puzzle could have a bit more obvious hints. I just solved them by trial and error. Fortunately it didn't take too long to test out the doors...even if it annoyed me a good bit.

The artwork was BEAUTIFUL! The backgrounds were all so lovely, and I loved all the little details, like how the last king had a more destroyed statue compared to all the other ones. I enjoyed all of it!

AND THE PSEUDOWYVENS! MY BABIES! Can I have the sprite of them? I want them in my signature.

Pseudowyvern-goes-REE-REE.png

*hiss*

I really liked the story as well! Puzzling the story together was fun! I do want to know what happened in the beginning of the game though... Why were we teleporting? Why were we in the crater? What happened to our memory. What happened before the game started???

I WANT ANSWERS!!!

lol

Anyway, thank you again! I appreciate the work you all put into it!

I eventually need to make event badges...

On a different note, how many times can you rename the character? I renamed him once, but it wouldn't let me change it again when I thought up a better name. I would type in the new name, but it wouldn't appear. 

4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

This happened to me. I found that clicking the top row again and resolving the puzzle after finishing it triggered the event.

Thank you for the suggestion! I am going to try this...

YES! It worked! I needed to click with my mouse for some reason, not to change the top row with enter. Thank you, thank you, thank you! ^_^

Edited by Auriene

I finished the game, I finally collected all treats, even from past halloween 2010 which were the nonly ones missing and I finally can say: what a beautiful event!

I'm sorry for those who experienced bugs and errors, weird enough I can't say I saw any of them. 

I'm replaying the game and I found something secret I didn't saw in the first run! very very cool

BIG SPOILER

Spoiler

0bda89e5-474d-4def-83b6-cf14cd624195.thumb.jpg.dccb56231be69a9421f480c4e8712e43.jpg

17 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I finished the game, I finally collected all treats, even from past halloween 2010 which were the nonly ones missing and I finally can say: what a beautiful event!

I'm sorry for those who experienced bugs and errors, weird enough I can't say I saw any of them. 

I'm replaying the game and I found something secret I didn't saw in the first run! very very cool

BIG SPOILER

Hide contents

0bda89e5-474d-4def-83b6-cf14cd624195.thumb.jpg.dccb56231be69a9421f480c4e8712e43.jpg

Glad i'm not they only one who found this secret XD 

On 10/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, Dohaerys said:

Try pressing enter

I did. Pressing ALL THE KEYS was one of the first things I tried! 🤣 It randomly started working two days later (I'm guessing after an update?) so now I'm trying to get though it in time! 

Though now I'm on the runes, and I've gotten them all to match (twice) and... nothing happens. I'll try doing it again? ??? 

Matching Runes Dragon Cave.jpg

Edited by Nimras

5 minutes ago, Nimras said:

Though now I'm on the runes, and I've gotten them all to match (twice) and... nothing happens. I'll try doing it again? ??? 

Someone up in this thread said clicking somewhere might help?

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Someone up in this thread said clicking somewhere might help?

Oddly enough, using my MOUSE to select all the tiles for a full puzzle instead of the arrow keys seems to be what did it? 

any chance to get help on how to escape from prison? tried clicking everywhere but nothing?

i just started this so hope to finish it..

I cant find the words to describe how much I enjoyed playing Valkemarian Tales! I was so excited through the whole game. Even tho rune puzzle got me trying for like several hours, I can say I liked every puzzle in the game. And the artwork!! Its amazing!! 

I also like collecting treats a lot, so I'm really glad we can get treats from past years now! 

41 minutes ago, Joya said:

any chance to get help on how to escape from prison? tried clicking everywhere but nothing?

i just started this so hope to finish it..

Spoiler

If you are still in your cell, interact with the lock.

If you are out of the cell, there is a dark square over on the right that you can interact with that will let you down into the sewer. It took me quite awhile to find that because you have to be in just the right place to interact, so if it doesn't respond the first time, move a little and try again.

Edited by purplehaze

I wasn't getting any old treats...Then I went through the Trick or Treat section of the wiki, and discovered I already had them all😂 

(For some reason, my 2010 treats order doesn't match the one in the wiki... Huh...)

I managed to get all the treats for every Halloween event.

The same cannot be said for the Festival of Eggs. I know I'm missing some from that event.

Oh well.

Here's hoping old eggs get brought back next year!

So, I just finished the second potion puzzle when my character glitched and began to walk upwards automatically, which caused me to lose control of the character. I restarted my game and was plonked right back at the beginning of the second potion puzzle. Now whenever I do the potion puzzle and put all the ingredients in the right order into the cauldron, no message comes up to indicate game progression so basically I am stuck. Reloading the game doesn't work nor does leaving and entering the room. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch?

Edit: Just found someone else has experienced this. :) Hope the glitch gets fixed or something.

Edited by lovecats99

hey guys, awesome and cute game!! i'm having trouble with the rune puzzle, though. i'm unable to use my mouse for clicking at all to get that workaround fix. have tried clicking the top row to redo the puzzle as well, but that isn't working either?

edit: so you have to be in fullscreen mode for mouse clicks to work... puzzle done!

Edited by bazingpurr

Man, I usually like the Halloween events (always liked text-based adventures), but I just find this year's game an annoying hassle. I feel too old for it, or something; the whole thing feels a little juvenile and jokey - or more likely I'm just that much of a fogey. XD Either way, I don't think I'm gonna bother getting this year's badge if I have to finish this (in the middle of moving right now and don't have the time to waste trying to figure out where to go and what to do) - I just don't find this game fun at all. (not saying it's not well made or anything like that, just not a style I personally enjoy) But glad that the old treats are back; finally nice to get the top banner for the previous year; always found it odd how you don't get the banner for your oldest treat year.

Looking forward to see what this year's dragon is ^^ 

Edited by Natakiro

14 minutes ago, Natakiro said:

Man, I usually like the Halloween events (always liked text-based adventures), but I just find this year's game an annoying hassle. I feel like I'm too old for it, or something; the whole thing feels a little juvenile and jokey - or more likely I'm just that much of a fogey. XD

I'm 76 and loved it ! MY only sorrow is that I'm trying to do a second run and am COMPLETELY stuck with a black screen, whichever browser I use :(

Finally finished the game and got my badge. The museum part was pretty cool in the end and the badge is cute but I am not a fan of the puzzles. I'm almost done with the treat collecting too. I have 87/94 for 2010's treats. So close! Will definitely get them all by the end of the day. Catching and breeding old lineages, though, that's another story. Not doing so well on that front.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm 76 and loved it ! MY only sorrow is that I'm trying to do a second run and am COMPLETELY stuck with a black screen, whichever browser I use :(

I'm glad you enjoyed it; just shows that I'm really boring right now, then XD I know a bit of it is due to moving, which is making me feel a bit stressed and impatient. As I said before, I just don't think it's my kind of thing; I should definitely retract the part about age, though.

How long did it take to finish the game? I'm just afraid it's gonna be this little time sink and take a bunch of hours I don't have. And sorry that it's acting up and won't let you have another go (I use Vivaldi and haven't had any issues with it, but this is my first go) - I did always enjoy replaying them in years past and seeing what I missed on subsequent runs.

Edited by Natakiro

I have now tried Vivaldi, Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome, Opera (my default) and even Brave. I suppose I COULD try iE; I don't even know if that works any more !

At least I did it once. I guess it took me a day and a half playing sort of off and on.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have now tried Vivaldi, Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome, Opera (my default) and even Brave. I suppose I COULD try iE; I don't even know if that works any more !

At least I did it once. I guess it took me a day and a half playing sort of off and on.

lol does IE even work these days; I thought it was replaced by Edge? I feel silly and captain obvious asking this, but did you try to clear your cache? 

I don't USE iE - but I just tried it anyway - no dice. I do not choose to install Edge, thank you. Opera is perfectly lovely.

Yes, cleared caches on ALL of them. I am so SQUEAKY clean! I may run winoptimiser later...

Shokomon

I tried doing and readjusting the puzzle again and nothing happened. Though, Nimras mentioned using the mouse, and maybe that was my problem. I'll try that.

Nimras

You mention mouse instead of keys? I didn't think to try that. I will now- thank you! I hope that works. : >

AAAAND IT WORKED! THE MOUSE IS THE SAVIOR! 

Thank you!~<3

Edited by Xathoa

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't USE iE - but I just tried it anyway - no dice. I do not choose to install Edge, thank you. Opera is perfectly lovely.

Yes, cleared caches on ALL of them. I am so SQUEAKY clean! I may run winoptimiser later...

I was more just saying I didn't even know it was still around. And I hate Edge and never use it, but it's stuck on my win10 and nothing I can do to remove it without digging around in the registry, and even that doesn't really work well. 😕 I used to use Opera as my main, but after it got bought up by another company, I switched to Vivaldi, which is simply a fork of Opera and I like it way more - so much more customization. ANYWAY (sorry for the tangent), not sure if other people are having an issue starting over - might be on the server's end. I'll see about trying to get the game finished up over the next few days, since you said it wasn't terribly drawn out. ^^ Hope you can find a way to restart!